Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939840 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5400 on: July 20, 2012, 08:45:54 pm »

Ready a right backstance (Right foot is the rear with the weight), then (If Charro does not restrain him in time) sidekick him in the chest with the right foot (Much more powerful) as he approaches.

Bad move, and don't try again. For now, he-

Motion to Charro.

Actually had a better idea than mine. Confiscate the thing that you seem to not know how to use properly.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:47:05 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5401 on: July 20, 2012, 08:47:18 pm »

"We're not sending him back just for that, and- hey!"

Faith watched the ensuing scuffle, wanting to stop it but not wanting to get punched. Hopefully everyone else had that under control.

Grab an already-lit glowstick, drag Chin to the edge of the tunnel and have him kneel down, filming closely. Then swipe a glowstick out into the path, like Conrad did, hopefully revealing a bunch of shades for Chin to capture in close-up detail. Repeat this process at a few other nearby points.

Then head a little further down the path and try a similar approach, but this time whipping the light through as fast as I can. See if I can figure out if the shades maybe survive this motion, and whether they flee or what after it's been done.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: July 20, 2012, 08:53:32 pm »

(Yeah but i was genuinley hurt when no one said anything about feeling stupid or when i mentioned aspergers, the best/worst mental problem you can have, now i need sleep or not as it will be.)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: July 20, 2012, 08:56:35 pm »

Grab an already-lit glowstick, drag Chin to the edge of the tunnel and have him kneel down, filming closely. Then swipe a glowstick out into the path, like Conrad did, hopefully revealing a bunch of shades for Chin to capture in close-up detail. Repeat this process at a few other nearby points.

((Bad idea to take one that's already lit, you may sever our connection to the path/leave some of the group in the dark.

(Yeah but i was genuinley hurt when no one said anything about feeling stupid or when i mentioned aspergers, the best/worst mental problem you can have, now i need sleep or not as it will be.)

Our reactions are to your character, not to you. Your character acts, our characters react. Right now, I personally could care less about Mason's antics, but my character does not feel the same way, likewise, you might not commit the same actions as Mason, but Mason does because he isn't you.))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:17:07 pm by PyroDesu »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: July 20, 2012, 09:10:09 pm »

((Bad idea to take one that's already lit, you may sever our connection to the path/leave some of the group in the dark.))
((I kind of don't want to waste one, and I would think we have already-lit spares. I can change it if you really want, or someone can just light and place a new one if it's an issue.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: July 20, 2012, 09:18:30 pm »

((Bad idea to take one that's already lit, you may sever our connection to the path/leave some of the group in the dark.))
((I kind of don't want to waste one, and I would think we have already-lit spares. I can change it if you really want, or someone can just light and place a new one if it's an issue.))

((You could probably use your, or, even better, Chin's suit lamps to get the same effect.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: July 20, 2012, 09:20:54 pm »

((You could probably use your, or, even better, Chin's suit lamps to get the same effect.))
((Good point with the first test, but I'm thinking the rapid motion one would be a lot harder.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: July 20, 2012, 09:35:12 pm »

Thomas gazed at the ensuing conflict with utmost distaste. He walked over to May, and watched for anything hostile.
"They are acting like children. Honestly, a fist fight in an alternate, easily hostile dimension?"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:40:04 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: July 20, 2012, 09:39:09 pm »

((I'm sorry to be harsh, but the internet is a cold place. You won't find much sympathy. If it helps, I also have aspergers, though it's only light. I think, anyway. My doctor said it was autism and bla bla bla...

If you ever get angry at someone on the internet, just remember that you control the connection. A few clicks and you'll never see them again. Anonymity is what makes the internet so great. Be around people you want to be around. Anyway, let's not get too off topic. HMRC has only wounded one innocent bystander, we are falling behind quota!))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: July 20, 2012, 09:42:23 pm »

(Yeah i know, i'm just tired and can't get to sleep, also seeing as were 1/1 thats 100% bystander pain rate.)
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: July 20, 2012, 09:45:05 pm »

((First thing,  Internet RPGs are not srs business. Don't worry, because the others won't.
Also, don't base your characters mostly off of yourselves, otherwise, you'll get upset when they're insults etc. . Maybe a few facets, but not the whole character.

Third, I think we're actually above quota. First, second, third and fourth didn't have civilian deaths or injuries, I believe. Also, holy crap Pyro, you do TKD as well? What belt?))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:52:15 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: July 20, 2012, 09:56:31 pm »

Third, I think we're actually above quota. First, second, third and fourth didn't have civilian deaths or injuries, I believe. Also, holy crap Pyro, you do TKD as well? What belt?))

((Those missions didn't have civvies to BE traumatized/injured/killed.

And I'm a first degree level 2 blackbelt. I haven't been to practice in a while, and apparently they've oversimplified the forms, but I'm going to go back for the sparring.

Besides, training under Grand Master Hall is fun, especially because he mixes in a bit of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, or, at least, he did while I was there.))
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:59:45 pm by PyroDesu »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: July 20, 2012, 10:09:03 pm »

((We are playing a RtD, so our characters were criticizing your character, not us the players poking fun at you. Never take things personally, because even OOC comments are usually made as jokes. I, for one, tend to snark both as in and out of character, although Milno tends to be more cruel than me.))

Milno smirks as the conflict sets in.
"Finally something to watch."
Keep on top of the rope and watch the turn of events.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 10:11:03 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5413 on: July 20, 2012, 10:16:21 pm »

((1st: Killed an entire alien race.
2nd: Killed several hive mind 'humans' just living out their memories.
3rd: Corrupted Steve. I'm sure that counts.
4th: Killed 1000s with the dam accident.
5th: Incinerated an Entire Town
6th: Wounded the Guide, current mission))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5414 on: July 20, 2012, 10:31:57 pm »

Thomas stands near the barrier of the light and swings it left and right inside the darkness. After three sweeps, he seals the container, keeping it in the dark. Then he follows the group.
You take a couple swings with your container and then close it off and stick it in your bag. It doesn't feel any heavier and you don't hear anything in there, but you can't exactly look.

Alright, I've gotten us reconnected, though, once Conrad wakes up, we should see if he'll use those lanterns to make it more permanent, these glowsticks might not last the rest of the mission.

Walk over to Conrad once he starts regaining consciousness.

Need a hand?
You stand around and wait for conrad to wake up.

(i've got 3 quotes in there... lets forget it for now.)
Mason picks the guide up and follows anyone who goes down the path.
"We will never speak about this again it didn't happen."
(yep. Thats probably a good lesson for how I handle posts. Generally, posts are handled in chronological order and unless they're crossed out, I do them. It's mostly for comedy sake, but also because I think it accurately simulates temporary loss of impulse control :P)

You get your arms under the guide and heft him up, ready to drag him along after the rest of the group.

"He's alive? Good, good." Charro was relieved. Being plunged into sudden darkness in this place had been rather traumatic.

He frowned darkly at Mason as the latter re-appeared. 'Ugh. We'd probably have been better off if he'd stayed lost.'
Out loud he said: "Please, please don't do that again. Alright? I asked nicely."

>Hang around near Conrad and the others, ready to explain what happened, that it's under control, and that it won't happen again. Hopefully.
You hang around and try to look busy.

"Uh. It did, and you're at fault. Thankfully no permanent harm done. There's no reason to use your amp outside of combat, and I will shoot you if you risk killing us all again and endangering the mission. Seriously, what were you doing?"

Still furious, Travis takes the knife out of his pocket and cuts a a deep circle in the ground, as deep as he can get. He then digs out the surrounding area using the tools he was provided ((I assume we were at least provided a trowel or something similar. If not, he'll just use his hands)). He takes one of his longer containers and stores the 'core', making sure to keep it in it's original layers. He takes a piece of paper, writes 'plains' on it, and sticks it with the container in a separate portion of his backpack
You attempt to carve a chunk out of the ground but something is stopping you from getting anymore then maybe 3 inches down. It's like there's a solid floor of sandstone just under this layer of sand.

Also Mason punches Simus in the face.
(Don't care if it's a bad idea I just want to do it.)

Charro considered what Simus said for a moment, then shrugged.
"We could always just confiscate the thing? No sense leaving ourselves with a manpower shortage. Strength in numbers and what not."
He lowered his voice so that Mason (hopefully) wouldn't hear him, and added, "Besides, we can always send him first once we reach the, erm, scarier parts. He can still be usefu--"
At this moment Mason charged in and went to punch her. Charro's eyes widened.
"Hey, stop that! How..." He searched for the right word as he tried to grab the madman, "...Ungentlemanly!"

>Restrain Mason.
[mason dex:6]
[charro dex:2]

Mason drops the guide back to the ground and walks toward Simus with obvious ill intent. Charro, seeing the coming confrontation, attempts to grab Mason and restrain him but only gets an elbow to the faceplate for his trouble.

Ready a right backstance (Right foot is the rear with the weight), then (If Charro does not restrain him in time) sidekick him in the chest with the right foot (Much more powerful) as he approaches.

Bad move, and don't try again. For now, he-

Motion to Charro.

Actually had a better idea than mine. Confiscate the thing that you seem to not know how to use properly.

[mason dex:1]
[simus dex:3]

The rather uncoordinated scuffle that follows results only in Mason tripping and landing on his back while Simus end up off balance but still standing.

((I'm sure it's just RP. Milno will watch and smirk, Travis will ignore you, Faith will gasp, ect. One of the reasons why I love this RtD is because everyone tries to stay in character, for the most part. Creates interesting stories and memorable characters

-And, knowing Piecewise, you might do more than break his nose :P))
Hard to break a nose through a helmet, and the only one not wearing a helmet around here is Mason (and conrad). Speaking of which, might want to put that back on. You're gonna have a problem here soon if not.

"We're not sending him back just for that, and- hey!"

Faith watched the ensuing scuffle, wanting to stop it but not wanting to get punched. Hopefully everyone else had that under control.

Then head a little further down the path and try a similar approach, but this time whipping the light through as fast as I can. See if I can figure out if the shades maybe survive this motion, and whether they flee or what after it's been done.

Those glow sticks simus set down are basically just enough to keep the path complete, taking one would sever it again. Still wanna do that?

((Good point with the first test, but I'm thinking the rapid motion one would be a lot harder.))
Take a move out of the heavy metal play book and do some head banging.

Thomas gazed at the ensuing conflict with utmost distaste. He walked over to May, and watched for anything hostile.
"They are acting like children. Honestly, a fist fight in an alternate, easily hostile dimension?"

Oh god Thomas and May have become the Father and Mother figures. I guess that makes Milno the Uncle?

((We are playing a RtD, so our characters were criticizing your character, not us the players poking fun at you. Never take things personally, because even OOC comments are usually made as jokes. I, for one, tend to snark both as in and out of character, although Milno tends to be more cruel than me.))

Milno smirks as the conflict sets in.
"Finally something to watch."
Keep on top of the rope and watch the turn of events.
You take a seat in the sand and wait for the in-fighting to end.

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 1256