Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940624 times)

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5385 on: July 20, 2012, 06:19:26 pm »

(I meant stick my arm in, scoop the ground, repeat, i'm looking like an idiot aren't i, i'm constantly worrying about stuff like this.... i hate aspergers.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 06:27:20 pm by anailater »
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: July 20, 2012, 06:20:31 pm »

((So, I understand our mission. Where are we and what have we accomplished so far?))
((Half a mile in. Taken some samples of sand, seen shades (vaguely like paper-thin, ethereal shadow-bugs), blasted a hole in the lifegiving light tunnel, found our way back out of the darkness, and knocked out our guide.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: July 20, 2012, 06:21:41 pm »

"Oh, lovely." Charro took a few deep, calming breaths as the surroundings were filled with light once more, then took stock.
He tood up and saw Conrad, frowned, then adjusted his hat and moved over to him. "One of you, help me with this, alright? It wouldn't do to leave our guide just lying here."
>Carry Conrad over so he is within arm's reach of the rope.
>Then wait and see what the others do.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: July 20, 2012, 07:00:27 pm »

So long as he's in the light and we don't leave him behind, I don't think we should move him. Let the Doc see what he can do first.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5389 on: July 20, 2012, 07:55:50 pm »

Great job, whoever used that amp. Doc, our guide needs you.

Drop the current glowstick on the ground where I'm standing, then go over to Conrad, grab two more from him, and put them at the edges of the light along the ropes, so as to illuminate the path for us again.

Now hang on, everyone. I'm going to relight the path in both directions for us. Until then, no more stupid ideas. Actually, scratch that, no more stupid ideas, period.
You take a few more glowsticks from conrad and crack them on. You lay them in a line, creating another tunnel of light until you successfully reconnect with the path on both sides. Easy peasy.

(Oh god I've stranded us without a guide)
Mason looks for some shades to catch, then tastes the sand.
You look around. Absolute darkness. Ah. Welp, no better time then this to take off your helmet and jam a handful of unknown, extra dimensional crap into your face!

You unseal your helmet and grab a handful of sand, jamming a good amount of it into your mouth. Tastes like sand, imagine that.

Sure.
Check if I can do something to help our guide. Don't consider throwing another tantrum, though - Thrak isn't around anymore... Poor soul. I should put a memorial plaque in his memory.

(( Checked once again - for some reason I misread the
rope and other basic tools to climb with, and some paper and pens
into including a lantern. Bad on my part, I'm very sorry. ))
[med:2+1]
You poke Conrad a bit. He groans. Yeah, he's fine.

"What do you mean by everyone? We are only lacking one of us, and even then nothing of value was lost."

Milno gets to the rope to follow the group deeper into the path.
You walk over to the rope and get it safely under your foot so you can know where it is, even if something unexpected happens again.

(I remeber a little entry thing in our helmets, but it was stupid)
Instead Mason will attempt to remember the light path, then he will get a glowtick and follow it.
[int:2] The path was right around...shit. Oh, wait! Someone is yelling over in that direction! Better follow that.

You follow the sound of people talking till you get back into the light of the path.  You spit out your mouthful of sand and wave.

"What do you mean by everyone? We are only lacking one of us, and even then nothing of value was lost."

"Well, what about May?"
((Seriously, what about May? Is she just autoed behind us?))
In general, if people are absent I have them follow along with the group. In this case May is sticking close to Thomas, because of obvious in character reasons.

"Damn it, I'm sorry Mr. Conrad," Faith said, examining his injuries. "I thought for sure we could get through one mission without injuring an innocent bystander."

Examine our guide, make sure he's okay.
[Med:1+1]

You poke at the man a few times. Well...he's in less then 3 pieces...gonna call that a success.

"Well, what about May?"
((Seriously, what about May? Is she just autoed behind us?))
Team: "AHHHH WHAT'S GOING ONNNNNNNN-"
"Oh. That's what happened to May. Hey, May? Just calm down for a sec, and I can explain it all."
Thomas explains the situation to May.
[speech:5-1]
"Well, we're in a place where light only goes so far and sort of creates bubbles, and we need to stay in those bubbles because if not we won't be able t see anything and we'll get lost. We've got this rope path though, so we can get through it."

(I meant stick my arm in, scoop the ground, repeat, i'm looking like an idiot aren't i, i'm constantly worrying about stuff like this.... i hate aspergers.)
You went running out after shades before Simus cracked a glowstick. So you just kinda charged into the dark. Doesn't really matter now though.

"Oh, lovely." Charro took a few deep, calming breaths as the surroundings were filled with light once more, then took stock.
He tood up and saw Conrad, frowned, then adjusted his hat and moved over to him. "One of you, help me with this, alright? It wouldn't do to leave our guide just lying here."
>Carry Conrad over so he is within arm's reach of the rope.
>Then wait and see what the others do.
You grab Conrad under both arms and drag him till he's laying on top of the guide rope.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: July 20, 2012, 08:01:25 pm »

Thomas stands near the barrier of the light and swings it left and right inside the darkness. After three sweeps, he seals the container, keeping it in the dark. Then he follows the group.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:04:51 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: July 20, 2012, 08:02:39 pm »

Alright, I've gotten us reconnected, though, once Conrad wakes up, we should see if he'll use those lanterns to make it more permanent, these glowsticks might not last the rest of the mission.

Walk over to Conrad once he starts regaining consciousness.

Need a hand?

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: July 20, 2012, 08:06:03 pm »

(i've got 3 quotes in there... lets forget it for now.)
Mason picks the guide up and follows anyone who goes down the path.
"We will never speak about this again it didn't happen."
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: July 20, 2012, 08:10:18 pm »

"He's alive? Good, good." Charro was relieved. Being plunged into sudden darkness in this place had been rather traumatic.

He frowned darkly at Mason as the latter re-appeared. 'Ugh. We'd probably have been better off if he'd stayed lost.'
Out loud he said: "Please, please don't do that again. Alright? I asked nicely."

>Hang around near Conrad and the others, ready to explain what happened, that it's under control, and that it won't happen again. Hopefully.
Booze is Life for Yoink

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: July 20, 2012, 08:17:28 pm »

Actually, who's up for sending Mr. Terrible-idea back to the entrance, or, hell, just plain out of this anomaly entirely? I don't want him having another... mishap with his amp, because we'll be without a guide after the dead forest and we don't have an unlimited supply of glowsticks, lanterns, flashlights, whatever you prefer.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: July 20, 2012, 08:22:33 pm »

"Uh. It did, and you're at fault. Thankfully no permanent harm done. There's no reason to use your amp outside of combat, and I will shoot you if you risk killing us all again and endangering the mission. Seriously, what were you doing?"

Still furious, Travis takes the knife out of his pocket and cuts a a deep circle in the ground, as deep as he can get. He then digs out the surrounding area using the tools he was provided ((I assume we were at least provided a trowel or something similar. If not, he'll just use his hands)). He takes one of his longer containers and stores the 'core', making sure to keep it in it's original layers. He takes a piece of paper, writes 'plains' on it, and sticks it with the container in a separate portion of his backpack
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: July 20, 2012, 08:24:42 pm »

Also Mason punches Simus in the face.
(Don't care if it's a bad idea I just want to do it.)
So how are you today?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: July 20, 2012, 08:28:49 pm »

Charro considered what Simus said for a moment, then shrugged.
"We could always just confiscate the thing? No sense leaving ourselves with a manpower shortage. Strength in numbers and what not."
He lowered his voice so that Mason (hopefully) wouldn't hear him, and added, "Besides, we can always send him first once we reach the, erm, scarier parts. He can still be usefu--"
At this moment Mason charged in and went to punch her. Charro's eyes widened.
"Hey, stop that! How..." He searched for the right word as he tried to grab the madman, "...Ungentlemanly!"

>Restrain Mason.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:30:40 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: July 20, 2012, 08:35:41 pm »

(Just let me I'm actualy angry and I have no clue why, so just let me attempt to break a fictitious persons nose, just give me that. also i shouldn't do anything on a kindle at almost 3 am.)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:38:10 pm by anailater »
So how are you today?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: July 20, 2012, 08:45:26 pm »

((I'm sure it's just RP. Milno will watch and smirk, Travis will ignore you, Faith will gasp, ect. One of the reasons why I love this RtD is because everyone tries to stay in character, for the most part. Creates interesting stories and memorable characters

-And, knowing Piecewise, you might do more than break his nose :P))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 1256