Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941413 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 6: Into the Abyss
« Reply #5355 on: July 20, 2012, 04:40:09 pm »

@Orb He said 90 metres, not feet.  That would amount to about 300 feet. ))

((Oh. Right. Big difference. D:))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: July 20, 2012, 04:42:17 pm »

"Hey that reminds me, once we're out of this I need a favor from someone with a microwave amp. A safe favor, hopefully."
"Before we can get out of here, we need to get deeper inside first. And after that demonstration and what you told me of that other mission, hope might not be quite the word you want."
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: July 20, 2012, 04:47:40 pm »

"Hey that reminds me, once we're out of this I need a favor from someone with a microwave amp. A safe favor, hopefully."
"Before we can get out of here, we need to get deeper inside first. And after that demonstration and what you told me of that other mission, hope might not be quite the word you want."
"Oh, I just meant out of the literal dark and back to being able to see.

And, I'm..." She paused a moment, trying to think of a word other than 'hoping.'

"I'm relatively confident that nobody else will create a star. Though it would certainly light this place up, so that'd be interesting. Right before we all die.

Anyway the point is I think we'll be fine."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: July 20, 2012, 04:55:28 pm »

"Well, if you put it that way..." Gorat resists the reflex to shrug. "Who besides me has an amp installed? Ideally someone who has used it on missions, and not just in VR."

((I'll log off soonishly. Default action is of course to follow and record the wonders of the abyss. If something big comes up, someone else can provide an action.))
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: July 20, 2012, 04:56:19 pm »

((No worries, we'll treat you like a mobile camera when interesting things happen. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: July 20, 2012, 04:57:21 pm »

((No worries, we'll treat you like a mobile camera when interesting things happen. :P))
((Handle with care! The camera, that is.))
Direforged Original
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5361 on: July 20, 2012, 05:01:48 pm »

"Oh. My. God. Will you guys stop acting like goddamn kids?"
Thomas activates the light amps first, then looks around to see if he can catch anything interesting.
"Hey, Mr. Samsonite? What do you know about the other creatures around here? Are there any that just hate people period?"
You turn on your light amps. It doesn't do anything because there's no light to amplify. And Conrad isn't replying. Helpful.

((Everyone has permission to punch my character))
Get abit away from everyone, then he grabs a sample of a shade.
You wander off into the darkness, swinging a sample cup like wild. You don't think you caught anything.

"Congratulations. You are a genius.

And was that the man with the mutant - former man - girlfriend complaining about kids?"

Turn on lamps and motion sensors. Turn off motion sensors if visual overhelming happens.

In the case teammates are not found after moving the head around to connect with any of the team's light bubbles:

"Ok, anyone who may be listening to me, don't start to run around like a retarded hamster. Swing your ropes around instead and try to check if you hit anything solid if we are unable to get each other's positions in other ways. Carefully grab any ropes that start to hit your body."

Milno says the above and checks if he can locate his teammates with his wristpad. If he is unable to, he turns on the motion detector and starts to swing his rope in a 180 degrees arc.
(remember, your lights are on the side of the helmet. The cone of light they create isn't such that you can see using it. Other people can though, if they're caught in it.)

You turn on your lamps. Nothing happens. Hmm. You turn on your motion sensor. Nothing happens again. Oh,  right, it's based on visual  data. Hmm. You swing your rope around and promptly whack several whiny things in the dark. Well, they're around you at least.

Switch on the suit lamps and the lantern; hold the lantern so that my head would be inside the area lit by it (but would not block all of its light). Turn around a few times, trying to establish contact with someone else's light bubble.
(( Now we'll see if I got the whole 'lit areas connect to each other' thing right. If I didn't, put the blame on my character still not being able to adjust to the new conditions :) ))
What lantern? Since when do you have a lantern?

Come out of stupor.
Hubbah wha? Where are you? What is this? Did someone blow up the plot again?

"Ugh, great," Faith said over the comm. "Exactly what we needed right now.

Sorry about your lamps, Mr. Conrad. Hope they won't be too hard to replace."

Attempt to crawl to where I think the path ahead is. If I get more than 10 meters without finding it, give up and stop moving, gently pawing around for any shades nearby.

(But if people can't use them how will they get experiance, and non-occly theres 1/6 chance of it happening to anyone.)
((Strictly speaking, there's no connection. You could do nothing at all on missions and still get better at them.

But in general, I think the issue isn't so much manipulators as manipulators too close to teammates. Kind of like explosives in that regard.))
"Ugh, great," Faith said over the comm. "Exactly what we needed right now.

Sorry about your lamps, Mr. Conrad. Hope they won't be too hard to replace."

Attempt to crawl to where I think the path ahead is. If I get more than 10 meters without finding it, give up and stop moving, gently pawing around for any shades nearby.

(But if people can't use them how will they get experiance, and non-occly theres 1/6 chance of it happening to anyone.)
((Strictly speaking, there's no connection. You could do nothing at all on missions and still get better at them.

But in general, I think the issue isn't so much manipulators as manipulators too close to teammates. Kind of like explosives in that regard.))
You crawl a few feet when you hear something. Something sharp and small clicking against your helmet, like a needle on tin. You slap at the helmet but feel nothing. A moment later a cone of light sweeps over you for an instant but then vanishes again.

See how much light is coming off of my luminescent pauldrons, grenade launcher, and grenades.

Crack a glowstick, hold it at arm's length and turn on the spot in a circle until it catches light again.

I knew it would be a good idea to get one of these things. If you all turn your suit lamps on, I'll find you, once you're facing me. And Doctor Sanctor, prepare yourself for a slightly forceful pull, I'm going to try to bring you into my light area with that rope you handed me.

Pull Doc Sanctor into the range of the glowstick.
You crack one of the glowsticks and suddenly you can see everyone again. You're all either standing, crawling or laying around near the knocked over posts, broken lamps and intact rope. You can't see the path anywhere, but that rope would probably still lead to it. Everyone seems to be fine, save for conrad who looks like he took a bit of debris to the back of the head and is unconscious.

Lights on. Check if the camera is ok.

"I hope you can repair that." Gorat stands up, turning on the lamp and checking the camera. "So those are the shades. You also mentioned a Wyrm..."
You're about to turn your lights on when the blue glow of a glowstick illuminates you and your team mates. You scramble over to the camera and wipe sand off the lens before checking that it still works. Seems to be running fine. You turn it to face yourself and say. "Sorry folks, technical difficulties, but we're back."

"Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. What were you trying to do, heat the sand!?"

Travis turns on his lamps and places his hand at the stream of light, reflecting part of it and connecting it to his cameras. He circles around and tries to find the path again

-Once the situation is resolved-

"How do you know the Stilt Walkers are 90 meters tall? Did you find one laying down?"
Simus has the lights back on it seems, and Conrad is unconscious so...hm.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: July 20, 2012, 05:05:20 pm »

Great job, whoever used that amp. Doc, our guide needs you.

Drop the current glowstick on the ground where I'm standing, then go over to Conrad, grab two more from him, and put them at the edges of the light along the ropes, so as to illuminate the path for us again.

Now hang on, everyone. I'm going to relight the path in both directions for us. Until then, no more stupid ideas. Actually, scratch that, no more stupid ideas, period.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 05:11:29 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: July 20, 2012, 05:07:48 pm »

"Hey, who all is with us? We don't want to lose anyone this early."

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: July 20, 2012, 05:09:18 pm »

(Oh god I've stranded us without a guide)
Mason looks for some shades to catch, then tastes the sand.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: July 20, 2012, 05:10:21 pm »

((Taking your helmet off to do the latter is a bad idea, according to our guide.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: July 20, 2012, 05:10:58 pm »

((It's absolute darkness. And an alternate dimension. And you're in an enviro suit.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: July 20, 2012, 05:18:44 pm »

((It's absolute darkness. And an alternate dimension. And you're in an enviro suit.))

((I think we're all in the light I made. But he would be moving out of the light to catch one, so...))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: July 20, 2012, 05:19:36 pm »

((I think we're all in the light I made. But he would be moving out of the light to catch one, so...))
((He already ran out of the light.
((Everyone has permission to punch my character))
Get abit away from everyone, then he grabs a sample of a shade.
You wander off into the darkness, swinging a sample cup like wild. You don't think you caught anything.
))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: July 20, 2012, 05:22:08 pm »

((Mason is following Cog's line of reason, which is:

"Any reasoning is stupid! Look, sand! Om nom nom nom."))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 1256