Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938114 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #5175 on: July 14, 2012, 09:41:48 pm »

Damn, you finally get around to rolling me an action?

I'll stick with it for now.

"This shit's getting fucked, bros."

Follow Kyle and Maurice. Drag Renen along.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: July 14, 2012, 09:49:46 pm »

((See, I'm thinking the problem with the Altered Wars was that they took the fight to the Altered instead of letting the Altered come to them. Can you imagine the havoc one squad could wreak while safely in a mundane house? A row of condominiums would be a nigh-impenetrable barrier, and if they ever developed houses with more than one door in a row... well.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: July 14, 2012, 09:53:18 pm »

((See, I'm thinking the problem with the Altered Wars was that they took the fight to the Altered instead of letting the Altered come to them. Can you imagine the havoc one squad could wreak while safely in a mundane house? A row of condominiums would be a nigh-impenetrable barrier, and if they ever developed houses with more than one door in a row... well.))

((PS they could climb over the house. Or they could bust through a wall. Now If you covered a house with doors...))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5178 on: July 14, 2012, 10:00:02 pm »

A one. AHAHAHAHAHAH

Try and go through the wall.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: July 14, 2012, 10:29:35 pm »

A one. AHAHAHAHAHAH

((Y'know, I love it when people think walls mean impenetrable barriers.

You all have weapons, aye?  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: July 14, 2012, 10:31:20 pm »

((Y'know, I love it when people think walls mean impenetrable barriers.))
((Walls are not impenetrable. Doors are, at least for the Altered.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5181 on: July 15, 2012, 12:25:41 am »

I find it very funny that you guys assume he has to have line of sight. Remember how Jim set that couch on fire even though he couldn't see it? Same thing; he doesn't have to see you, he just needs to know you're there. So, sees him walk into the building, targets the front room, bing bang bosh.

Jim had two thoughts in quick succession. One was that Mesk had just been attacked by the target. The second was that that meant he had line of sight to them, more than likely, and had attacked Mesk because he had seen him first. He scanned the area for places their target could be hiding, and should he see anything out of the ordinary, immediately rush that spot with intent to maim.
You run around the room, slapping random objects, menacing lamps, and threatening the carpet with a slow and painful death. You completely trash the room but find no sign of anyone in it. Oh well, sometimes grievous property damage is its own reward.

"I've just been attempted mindfucked, but I'm alright!  Damn, how can I prove it... uh, damn... oh, I know."
After lightly kicking Jim in the crotch area with his good foot Mesk struggles to his feet to look around.
"The target could be anywhere, anyone, anything.  He might be looking in through a window, or he could be right here with us.  Isn't this exciting?"
Close the curtains to all windows if possible.  Create incisions on everything that looks even vaguely person-sized.
"Or, we could go out the back door and torch this place."
[will:6]
"Searing pain? uncontrollable muscle spams? Mental break down? MY GOD, HE'S PRACTICING MEDICINE ON ME!"

You roll around on the ground, mostly in control but still feeling like someone has a taser pushed up against the small of your back.

Milno smirks before quipping back at Steve with a question:
"I don't have idiotic pretensions of being a hero. I want to get this mission done with."

"Do you have any further information on what happened to the loner after he went unconscious and was moved to house three?"

To Jim:
"Anything interesting so far?"

Thrak's action:
Follow Kyle and Maurice. Drag Renen along.
You put Renen in a headlock and follow after Maurice.

((PS they could climb over the house. Or they could bust through a wall. Now If you covered a house with doors...))
In before someone makes a tank covered in doors.

A one. AHAHAHAHAHAH

[str:5]
There's a man in the room where your upper body is stuck. He seems pretty frightened, so you talk to him while you tear your way through the wall.

"You know," You say while ripping an arm free, "I had planned on just walking in here and punching you till you complied. Considering this hand here is a bit like a mace, that usually happens pretty quick." You get your other arm free and start pulling yourself into the building. "But that shit with your fucking invincible door-I call hax on that, by the way, clearly abnormal-has just drained me of all of my give a shit. Fresh out. Tank is dry."

You flop face down into the room with a grunt, dusting yourself off and standing up a moment later. "So I'm just gonna ask nicely: Would you please take your shirt off so I don't have to punch you in the head? Pretty please?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: July 15, 2012, 12:35:35 am »

((Doors really screw Ivan's shit up. On the other side, walls really don't work on him.))

"I'm gonna try and see if I can find anything".

Milno flies outside and gets back to his erratic cruising routine while looking around the house Mesk and Jim are and searching for points where the killer may be and have a line of sight on the house.

If the corpse rain really happens and may prove harmful to his suit's systems (hoping it won't, since I got the pods armored), he waits for it to end. If the problem is just about the gore and entrails of innocents, he ignores it and flies outside anyway.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: July 15, 2012, 01:04:50 am »

"Jim!  I've been brain attacked again.  We need to get out of here before the target manages to overpower me.  Though he'll have a tough time out-noggining this noggin!"
After lightly slapping Jim's face to prove his identity Mesk suits actions to words.
Leave through the back door.  Torch the house once we're out.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: July 15, 2012, 09:53:25 am »

Send a message to the entire group.

"Assassin, I know you can hear this somehow. What system are those coordinates for? Without that information, we can't do anything about it. What's this coming darkness you referred to?"

Kyle/Maurice head over to Jim's location after the rain of death finishes, keeping an eye out for the assassin, just in case.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: July 15, 2012, 10:26:33 am »

Piecewise, you (and those crazy dice) are a master of comedy.
If he complies: walk out of the wall.
If he doesn't: throw him into that haxing door of his.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: July 15, 2012, 12:56:07 pm »

Meet up with Jim as well.  Keep an eye out for assassin-like objects.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: July 15, 2012, 01:06:22 pm »

Milno watches as his group starts to show signs of wanting to leave the house and move over to Jim's place and decides to warn him lest he is taken by surprise.
"Hey Jim, my group is heading over to you. They are ok as far as I know, so no worries on this side".
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:09:02 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5188 on: July 15, 2012, 06:22:10 pm »

((Doors really screw Ivan's shit up. On the other side, walls really don't work on him.))

"I'm gonna try and see if I can find anything".

Milno flies outside and gets back to his erratic cruising routine while looking around the house Mesk and Jim are and searching for points where the killer may be and have a line of sight on the house.

If the corpse rain really happens and may prove harmful to his suit's systems (hoping it won't, since I got the pods armored), he waits for it to end. If the problem is just about the gore and entrails of innocents, he ignores it and flies outside anyway.

You walk and look up into the sky just in time to take what you think is half a liver directly to the face. Lovely. You scrape it off your faceplate and ascend into the air, looking around for the killer. You don't see anyone around the house, or on the neighboring houses.  [intuition: 1] Uh...maybe the killer is...um...just misunderstood?

There is something moving out toward the south though. Looks like a few civilians running out into the tall grass.
"Jim!  I've been brain attacked again.  We need to get out of here before the target manages to overpower me.  Though he'll have a tough time out-noggining this noggin!"
After lightly slapping Jim's face to prove his identity Mesk suits actions to words.
Leave through the back door.  Torch the house once we're out.
[Will:6]
You manage to get onto your hands and knees and crawl toward the back of the house. There's no back door here. Dang.

Send a message to the entire group.

"Assassin, I know you can hear this somehow. What system are those coordinates for? Without that information, we can't do anything about it. What's this coming darkness you referred to?"

Kyle/Maurice head over to Jim's location after the rain of death finishes, keeping an eye out for the assassin, just in case.

[will:4]
You go to take a step and your entire body freezes up, causing you to collapse to the ground. Your lower body jerks and spasms rather wildly as you try to stand up, like someone is pumping random bursts of current into your muscles.

Piecewise, you (and those crazy dice) are a master of comedy.
If he complies: walk out of the wall.
If he doesn't: throw him into that haxing door of his.
The man looks like he's gonna say something, then thinks better of it and lifts up his shirt. He looks normal under it so you shrug and walk back out the hole in the wall.

"Thank you for your cooperation, sir. I recommend getting the hell out of dodge."

Meet up with Jim as well.  Keep an eye out for assassin-like objects.
You head off toward Jim while looking around for anything that looks Assassiny. [Intuition:2] You don't see anything in particular so you continue on and join Jim.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: July 15, 2012, 06:40:51 pm »

House 26!
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 1256