Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938109 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #5160 on: July 14, 2012, 02:26:27 am »

((Yeah, 'there can only be one' is an amusing choice of words in this context. :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: July 14, 2012, 02:29:52 am »

((Because it implies the door as Ivans equal?))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: July 14, 2012, 02:32:33 am »

((Naw, because it implies Ivan is about to roll a one. Which he totally is.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: July 14, 2012, 02:33:59 am »

((Naw, because it implies Ivan is about to roll a one. Which he totally is.))
((This is one roll I would not mind being fudged.))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: July 14, 2012, 02:36:20 am »

((I'm telling you, this totally needs to be a feature now. Inhuman strength, supernatural healing speed, and an inability to bash down doors except by wearing them down one scratch as a time.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: July 14, 2012, 02:42:02 am »

((I'm telling you, this totally needs to be a feature now. Inhuman strength, supernatural healing speed, and an inability to bash down doors except by wearing them down one scratch as a time.))
((YES.))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: July 14, 2012, 09:08:14 am »

"Does anyone have some sort of speakers or such we could use? We'll probably have to kill him anyway, but I think it's worth investigating this "coming darkness" the brainwashed civillians were referring to."

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: July 14, 2012, 10:19:17 am »

"Does anyone have some sort of speakers or such we could use? We'll probably have to kill him anyway, but I think it's worth investigating this "coming darkness" the brainwashed civillians were referring to."

((Maybe he is just trying to tell you it is getting a bit late.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5168 on: July 14, 2012, 11:47:55 am »

Wut.
"Apparently this door is reinforced with ridiculous amounts of 'Overdoingit-anium' Be wary for more of that."
Back up 20 feet, charge door.
You run back into the street and align your shoulder with the door, ready to use your carapace as a battering ram.
[str:1]
You charge the door, screaming obscenities and even inventing some racial slurs against doors as you do so. You're so busy trying to think of a good, catchy, derogatory name for a door that you don't notice yourself veering to the side until it's too late. You propel yourself into the wall directly next to the door and half way through it. You end up embedded, with your arms at your sides, half way into the house.

(I'd go with ruthless, but not in a completely negative sense.)
Back up 20 feet, charge door.
(There's only one way this can end.)
Search the house for pills and shinies, knife at the ready.  The usual.  Oh yeah, and people.
You walk past Jim and his new impromptu skylight and into the house proper. Nice front room, complete with a ceramic rhinoceros coat hanger. Odd. Nothing that looks terribly "Shiny"  though, just a few couches and a long bookcase

[Will:4]

You're in the middle of poking at the rhino when something hits you, like a railroad spike to the top of the head. You jerk and spasm, falling to the ground as your brain and nervous system fire at random, filling your head with an incomprehensible mix of otherworldly thoughts and false memories. And then you're out of it, still twitching on the floor, but back in control.

((Can we agree on heartless? It's quite accurate in a physical sense as well.))
((How about prone to causing unfortunate accidents and not caring?))

Milno calls for Steve.
"Do you have an estimative of how many people from this place were killed both by our team and the killer judging from our feeds?"

"With some luck we may have only a few of them left, which would get our job easier."

>I'd say a good number of them are dead. Way to go, hero.

(Christ, I walk away for a bit and there's an in-depth analysis of a glib statement. >.<
@Spinal_Taper: I'd say practical since the intention was to merely clear the area around Kyle without hurting him. While it's regrettable all the civilians died due to Jim being way too badass with the amp - or that's my version of the story and I'm sticking to it - he did, in fact, achieve his aim. Kyle was cleared with zero damage.
@Everyone speculating: Jim actually can be compassionate. And heartless, while literal, probably isn't metaphorically correct. He can be kind, and does go out of his way to help his teammates. He died in the first mission to open an entrance for Faith, Feyri, Ivan, and Milno; let himself be the test subject for the circles in the second mission; tried to distance himself to keep from killing Mesk after he'd realized he'd been infected in the third mission - although the 'welding his arm to his head' incident caused him to momentarily fucksnap; and with the exception of the shotgunner earlier in this mission and Erik he's only killed people on accident. Bearing that in mind, however, it's become clear that it isn't worth the effort to try to save whatever remains of this village and the best chance for his own survival - which is his primary concern - and that of his teammates is to eliminate everyone who could possibly be a threat.

So yeah, I'd agree with ruthless for his description. :P Anyway...)

Jim entered the house and looked around for occupants and loot.
You walk in just in time to see Mesk drop and spasm. Oh dear.

Enter the house, looking for surviving inhabitants and the serial killer.

(( Off for next four days, and Nicholas1024 is in charge of my character for that time.))
You step into the front room and find a pile of dead, unconscious and cowering civilians; there are 5 of them, and they look like someone very strong has worked them over with their fists and something very sharp. There's also a pile of ashy substance off to the side of them. Hmm, maybe someone else has been here before you?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: July 14, 2012, 12:37:39 pm »

Jim had two thoughts in quick succession. One was that Mesk had just been attacked by the target. The second was that that meant he had line of sight to them, more than likely, and had attacked Mesk because he had seen him first. He scanned the area for places their target could be hiding, and should he see anything out of the ordinary, immediately rush that spot with intent to maim.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: July 14, 2012, 01:36:38 pm »

"I've just been attempted mindfucked, but I'm alright!  Damn, how can I prove it... uh, damn... oh, I know."
After lightly kicking Jim in the crotch area with his good foot Mesk struggles to his feet to look around.
"The target could be anywhere, anyone, anything.  He might be looking in through a window, or he could be right here with us.  Isn't this exciting?"
Close the curtains to all windows if possible.  Create incisions on everything that looks even vaguely person-sized.
"Or, we could go out the back door and torch this place."

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: July 14, 2012, 01:53:46 pm »

After lightly kicking Jim in the crotch area with his good foot Mesk struggles to his feet to look around.

((I just know Piecewise is going to roll for this))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: July 14, 2012, 02:07:02 pm »

(And Mesk is going to break his remaining toes. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: July 14, 2012, 02:29:19 pm »

Milno smirks before quipping back at Steve with a question:
"I don't have idiotic pretensions of being a hero. I want to get this mission done with."

"Do you have any further information on what happened to the loner after he went unconscious and was moved to house three?"

To Jim:
"Anything interesting so far?"

Thrak's action:
Follow Kyle and Maurice. Drag Renen along.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:31:53 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: July 14, 2012, 04:01:05 pm »

Jim responded to Milno. "Mesk has been targeted; I think he managed to withstand the brainwashing attempt. Our target is near me and I'm searching for him. Can't talk now."
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1256