Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938201 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #5145 on: July 13, 2012, 10:43:19 pm »

((Practical? He just slaughtered a crowd of civilians who were just standing there!))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5146 on: July 13, 2012, 11:01:10 pm »

So many dead... I suppose they didn't really have any will left, but still, it's just...

Agh, what did the killer mean? It seems like he was more intent on sending a message than actually trying to kill me, at least with those civillians.

"Thanks Jim, Maurice, I appreciate the help. Let's get inside.

Steve, do these coordinates mean anything to you? 17.3 degrees, 18th radian. The assassin mentioned a coming darkness of some sort, I think it's supposedly tied to that location."

Head into the nearest house that is not on fire, but with the door open/broken.

>They sound like coordinates, but it's meaningless unless we know what map and what coordinate system he was talking about.

You walk to the nearest open house, house 28. It's not on fire currently, but the house next to it is, and it looks like it will be soon.

[group channel] Damnation. Kyle, are you sure they cannot be saved? At least some of them?
Coming?.. Coordinates?.. I was right. All of this - all of these killings, all of this mayhem - was perpetrated for the sake of delivering a message. That and maybe this former agent does believe that killing these people equals showing them mercy. In that case, hard times are indeed coming.
[public channel] Steve, what was the last report from the agent? And how well was it received? Okay, we probably don't have the clearance, but can you at least say if there was some kind of conflict with his superiors before he went rogue, one most likely resulting in him being reined in, or if his career record prior to this incident was rather clean and devoid of insubordination?
Follow Kyle.

(( Madman. Cryptic message. Foretelling doom.
There is absolutely no way he could be right.   :P
Well, yes, I'd say something very, very bad is coming. And we are probably going to be shoved into its way, if only to see what it is capable of.

Also, I will probably be offline for half a week starting with tomorrow, so could someone take over my character for that time? ))
You follow kyle to the 28th house.

>There was no hint that he was a homicidal maniac. Well, an uncontrollable one at least. But then again, these guys a trained to hide their emotions and intents.

Follow Kyle and look for shelter with the group. Try to figure out what the coordinates given by the assassin mean.
You follow kyle to house 28.
[int:4] Um...well it's probably the coordinates of something on a map.

Follow my team.
"So a message, you say? He should just surrender."
You descend and join kyle.

((I would suggest using the kinetic amp to give them a gentle landing first, instead of hitting the ground as if you jumped out of a plane without a parachute))
I should point out that they're basically dead already. The force of being thrown up like that basically crushed and shredded them.
They vanish off the ground in a puff of dust and crunching noises, rupturing and tearing apart from the sudden g-forces as they streak off like bloody fireworks, straight up into the sky.

"I've still yet to get used to this amp," Jim explained. "In any case, we need to move fast. I'm searching House 17." He followed action to suit and headed over there to punch the door down.
You groan a bit-all these massive explosions and hurling of a half dozen people into the air isn't helping your head any-and walk over to the 17th house.
[str:5+1]
You casually uppercut the door straight up through the ceiling.

follow jim blah blah
You follow jim, blah blah.

Kick. Door.
(You've been going at this so long I actually forgot which house you were attacking for a minute there.)

[str:2]

I'm not even gonna write anything here.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: July 13, 2012, 11:04:03 pm »

((Practical? He just slaughtered a crowd of civilians who were just standing there!))

((Pragmatic maybe.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: July 13, 2012, 11:07:09 pm »

(You've been going at this so long I actually forgot which house you were attacking for a minute there.)

[str:2]

I'm not even gonna write anything here.

((Damn you, foul door! You win again!))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: July 13, 2012, 11:11:48 pm »

Wut.
"Apparently this door is reinforced with ridiculous amounts of 'Overdoingit-anium' Be wary for more of that."
Back up 20 feet, charge door.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: July 13, 2012, 11:12:09 pm »

((Pragmatic maybe.))
((I can't say Jim is pragmatic, but at the same time I can't quite tell what he is.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: July 13, 2012, 11:31:44 pm »

(I'd go with ruthless, but not in a completely negative sense.)
(There's only one way this can end.)
Search the house for pills and shinies, knife at the ready.  The usual.  Oh yeah, and people.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: July 13, 2012, 11:41:34 pm »

(I'd go with ruthless, but not in a completely negative sense.)
(There's only one way this can end.)
Search the house for pills and shinies, knife at the ready.  The usual.  Oh yeah, and people.

((Can we agree on heartless? It's quite accurate in a physical sense as well.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: July 13, 2012, 11:48:08 pm »

(("Uncaring" might be the best one; it's not that he's actively malicious or even necessarily cold-blooded, he's just... not really concerned about it in any serious situation. "Heartless" could be a synonym or at least close to that.

Of course, it's worth noting that the most recent massacre was a genuine accident.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: July 13, 2012, 11:54:38 pm »

((Can we agree on heartless? It's quite accurate in a physical sense as well.))
((How about prone to causing unfortunate accidents and not caring?))

Milno calls for Steve.
"Do you have an estimative of how many people from this place were killed both by our team and the killer judging from our feeds?"

"With some luck we may have only a few of them left, which would get our job easier."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: July 14, 2012, 12:19:03 am »

(("Uncaring" might be the best one; it's not that he's actively malicious or even necessarily cold-blooded, he's just... not really concerned about it in any serious situation. "Heartless" could be a synonym or at least close to that.

Of course, it's worth noting that the most recent massacre was a genuine accident.))

((How about prone to causing unfortunate accidents and not caring?))

((I think we are getting close here. This gives a whole new meaning to the discipline of psycho-analysis.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: July 14, 2012, 01:18:55 am »

(Christ, I walk away for a bit and there's an in-depth analysis of a glib statement. >.<
@Spinal_Taper: I'd say practical since the intention was to merely clear the area around Kyle without hurting him. While it's regrettable all the civilians died due to Jim being way too badass with the amp - or that's my version of the story and I'm sticking to it - he did, in fact, achieve his aim. Kyle was cleared with zero damage.
@Everyone speculating: Jim actually can be compassionate. And heartless, while literal, probably isn't metaphorically correct. He can be kind, and does go out of his way to help his teammates. He died in the first mission to open an entrance for Faith, Feyri, Ivan, and Milno; let himself be the test subject for the circles in the second mission; tried to distance himself to keep from killing Mesk after he'd realized he'd been infected in the third mission - although the 'welding his arm to his head' incident caused him to momentarily fucksnap; and with the exception of the shotgunner earlier in this mission and Erik he's only killed people on accident. Bearing that in mind, however, it's become clear that it isn't worth the effort to try to save whatever remains of this village and the best chance for his own survival - which is his primary concern - and that of his teammates is to eliminate everyone who could possibly be a threat.

So yeah, I'd agree with ruthless for his description. :P Anyway...)

Jim entered the house and looked around for occupants and loot.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: July 14, 2012, 01:33:39 am »

Enter the house, looking for surviving inhabitants and the serial killer.

(( Off for next four days, and Nicholas1024 is in charge of my character for that time.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: July 14, 2012, 02:17:22 am »

((Jim is callous, maybe.

And here it comes. Ivan. The Door. It ends here. There can only be one.))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: July 14, 2012, 02:25:09 am »

((And here it comes. Ivan. The Door. It ends here. There can only be one.))
((To be honest, I'm hoping for another two))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 ... 342 343 [344] 345 346 ... 1256