Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939202 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #5115 on: July 12, 2012, 09:54:55 pm »

"No, I didn't find anyone and I actually think the ones around you were just rewired, if you get what I mean~"

"Since you don't need help, I'll get to business."

Keep flying around erratically and try to find the killer. He is probably watching the whole thing, so search for anyone watching the development of the events.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:01:44 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: July 12, 2012, 10:23:43 pm »

((If I were the assassin, I'd simply use the civilian's eyes as my own. Those 'drones' you keep finding are simply information buoys, he'll take a moment to examine their memories when he has time, and figures out everything you're doing. So. I would think he's not watching the whole thing))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: July 12, 2012, 10:26:23 pm »

((If I were the assassin, I'd simply use the civilian's eyes as my own. Those 'drones' you keep finding are simply information buoys, he'll take a moment to examine their memories when he has time, and figures out everything you're doing. So. I would think he's not watching the whole thing))
((He likes killing. He may be watching the show through his own eyes because he is a smug bastard, and he did try to control Thrak when there were no visible civilians around, so there is still a chance he is slightly exposed.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: July 12, 2012, 10:27:16 pm »

Seeing his patient come to senses, Maurice took a long breath and regained his attitude. Then, using his group's channel, he said as he ran towards house 21:
Hold on, Kyle. I'll be right there. Just don't burn me if you are going yo use your MFM.
Help Kyle get out of the blockade. If he is about to be swarmed (not just surrounded with no harm being actively done to him), do not hesitate to mercilessly cut down any civilian that obstructs me (and is probably also trying to swarm me); otherwise do not use the instrument.
(( Oh, I predict !!FUN!!, including !!Maurice!!  :P ))
EDIT: Except maybe children (if there are any) (up to the age of adolescence): do not kill them at any cost. Disabling (without killing), however, if in presence of immediate danger (such as a little girl pointing a gun at me), is acceptable.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:55:46 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5119 on: July 13, 2012, 12:47:46 am »

((AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA. WTF is wrong with those dice?))

IVAN SMASH!
[str:3]
You tear the wood off your talons and start clawing at the door like an apathetic cat, shaving bits of wood off until you're about half way through.

Jim left the house. "Yeah, I'm a psychic and I'm not getting good vibes from this place, so I'm just going to listen to my instincts and burn it to the fucking ground," he said to Mesk as he passed, turning around and concentrating on the house with his Microwave Amp.
[exotic:6+1+1]

You focus on the house for a moment. Doesn't need to be much, just a well placed spark. You go over the layout in your head and select a rather flammable looking couch you saw in the living room. You pin it down in  your mental map of the house, relate it to yourself in space and then set up the parameters. Just a little spark...

The entire back side of the house explodes in a flash of heat and light, shattering the windows of every house near by and igniting house 8, 7 and 6. You scratch your head as bits of shattered glass, smoldering drywall and shingles rain down and bounce harmlessly off you. Well, now you have a bit of a headache, but that was fairly effective.

"Sounds good to me."
Pick up my painkiller and try that again.
Jim seems to have ruined your pain killer via lighting it and everything on fire. That sucks.

((Attn Piecewise:  I will be camping this weekend and unavailable to act.  I grant Calleath, as squad leader, the power to act for me if I haven't posted an action.))

Thrak turned his face into a happy face.

"There we go, bros!  Now we wait for him to come out!"

Attempt to spread the fire, and rocket slug the first thing to come out of the house.
Wow, no need to try and spread it now. Thanks Jim.

"Blast it. Milno, is anyone hiding in a side alley or building watching all this? I'm pretty sure these civilians are being controlled."

Kyle then switched onto the public chat channel, calling out

"This is Kyle to all points. Controlled civilians have surrounded my position outside house 21. If anyone has non-lethal weaponry, now would be the time to use it."

Break out of my circle back towards my squad, using my taser glove on any civilians that try to stop me. If they all swarm me, use the manipulator as a last resort.
You raise your glove and prepare to shock the nearest civilian when he begins to talk; they all begin to talk, words coming out of scattered mouths, none saying the complete sentence. 

"It is a mercy, this death I give them. Better this then the coming darkness. I will continue."

"No, I didn't find anyone and I actually think the ones around you were just rewired, if you get what I mean~"

"Since you don't need help, I'll get to business."

Keep flying around erratically and try to find the killer. He is probably watching the whole thing, so search for anyone watching the development of the events.

Beyond the people gathered in a circle around kyle and your teammates, you don't see anyone around.

Seeing his patient come to senses, Maurice took a long breath and regained his attitude. Then, using his group's channel, he said as he ran towards house 21:
Hold on, Kyle. I'll be right there. Just don't burn me if you are going yo use your MFM.
Help Kyle get out of the blockade. If he is about to be swarmed (not just surrounded with no harm being actively done to him), do not hesitate to mercilessly cut down any civilian that obstructs me (and is probably also trying to swarm me); otherwise do not use the instrument.
(( Oh, I predict !!FUN!!, including !!Maurice!!  :P ))
EDIT: Except maybe children (if there are any) (up to the age of adolescence): do not kill them at any cost. Disabling (without killing), however, if in presence of immediate danger (such as a little girl pointing a gun at me), is acceptable.
You jog toward Kyle and can make out the words the people around him are saying. You skid to a stop next to the crowd, unsure if you should move them now.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: July 13, 2012, 12:59:24 am »

"Damnit Jim, that was my painkiller you just blew up!  Now I'm going to have to kick my own foot until it heals!  Do you have any idea how hard that is to do?  I can't even click my heels!"
Mesk's ranting devolves into barely-comprehensible muttering about painkillers, elevator shafts, and freaky half-robot murderers.  He keeps limping along after Jim like a limping puppy, though.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: July 13, 2012, 01:00:26 am »

"That hurt, but good. Sorry about your painkiller, Mesk. It may be a good thing, though. If someone tries to take over your mind, just kick something. Maybe the pain will help." Jim contacted Milno... "I'm thinking we need to go for extreme prejudice. Eliminate everyone and raze the village to the ground. The assassin already seems to have control over most - if not all - of the civilians anyway." While sending the message, Jim hustled over toward Kyle to save him. Preferably by picking up the civilians with his Manipulation Amp and flinging them away from him.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: July 13, 2012, 01:17:07 am »

((Jims mind:This is too hard. Let's burn down the village.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: July 13, 2012, 01:24:33 am »

(More like: This situation is completely FUBAR, let's just finish the mission and go home so I can get some tokenz. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: July 13, 2012, 01:30:48 am »

((Nice job with that Thermobaric blast, even if it was an overshot.))
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:38:25 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: July 13, 2012, 06:43:24 am »

(More like: This situation is completely FUBAR, let's just finish the mission and go home so I can get some tokenz. :P)
((Woohoo! Told'ya not many will die!

Milno haz his caek nao?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: July 13, 2012, 07:23:04 am »

Milno, still flying like a madman, answers Jim over the comms:
"This situation is so far gone that I don't think destroying every house is a bad idea. But unless they are mindless drones, we should avoid eliminating everyone. The rewired people may be saved, but that would need time and assistance we don't have while they are active threats to us. Try to keep as many of them alive, but our lives are more important."
>Yes?

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: July 13, 2012, 07:31:10 am »

Stay near my group (Kyle, Maurice, Thrak). If any of the corntroled civilians try to attack, use my weapon (the leg/club) to hit their head.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: July 13, 2012, 08:30:53 am »

"What the... what coming darkness?"

If any civilian so much as moves in my direction, use my manipulator to make a small ring of heat to melt a inch high slice through the lower legs of all civilians present.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5129 on: July 13, 2012, 09:57:04 am »

"That hurt, but good. Sorry about your painkiller, Mesk. It may be a good thing, though. If someone tries to take over your mind, just kick something. Maybe the pain will help." Jim contacted Milno... "I'm thinking we need to go for extreme prejudice. Eliminate everyone and raze the village to the ground. The assassin already seems to have control over most - if not all - of the civilians anyway." While sending the message, Jim hustled over toward Kyle to save him. Preferably by picking up the civilians with his Manipulation Amp and flinging them away from him.
[exotic:4+1+1]
You jog toward Kyle while carefully targeting each person around him and eyeballing the force needed to pick them up and fling them away. Once you've got it all set up in your head, you swing your hand up dramatically and shout "Civilians, AWAY!" The people around Kyle do indeed move. However it's not exactly the relatively gentle toss you were going for. More a "Shoved a rocket engine up their butt and fired them into the lower stratosphere" kinda thing. They vanish off the ground in a puff of dust and crunching noises, rupturing and tearing apart from the sudden g-forces as they streak off like bloody fireworks, straight up into the sky.

"Hey uh...you guys might want to take cover or something. I think it's about to start raining men. Or at least parts of them."

Stay near my group (Kyle, Maurice, Thrak). If any of the corntroled civilians try to attack, use my weapon (the leg/club) to hit their head.
You decide to go toward Kyle, to help him out of the ring of men. You're about half way there, metal club at the ready, when they all rocket into the air. Oh.

"What the... what coming darkness?"

If any civilian so much as moves in my direction, use my manipulator to make a small ring of heat to melt a inch high slice through the lower legs of all civilians present.

"17.3 degrees, 18th radian."

The people all smile before being torn into the air.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1256