Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939336 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #5100 on: July 12, 2012, 12:20:15 pm »

(( Eh, I feel obligated to point out that Maurice is, in fact, male. And have always been. And have always been straight.
Wait. Have Maurice's gender been changed at some point?  :o

Oh, and could I have had a willpower roll to resist the hysteria? Or was it a concealed 1?
Still, that's not the worst way to administer first aid to an electroshocked person. I might have opted for internal cardiac massage (believing Renen's heart to have stopped), considering I had the right equipment for that sort of aid  :P ))
EDIT: (( Oh, I endured the electroshock. Well, that explains everything. Except for the gender change. ))
Supress the hysterics. Administer aid to Renen, this time do something more intelligent.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:26:21 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5101 on: July 12, 2012, 12:21:55 pm »

"Steve, I was wondering, just where do you find people that are this incompetent? This is the first time I've ever seen anyone repeatedly fail to touch a house.

Anyway guys, I'm going to go check on those civilians over there. Milno, keep an eye on things in case one of them is our killer."

Walk over to the civilians, say the following

"Excuse me, but we're currently investigating reports of a serial killer here. I would highly recommend that you go back into your houses, hide, and start praying to your deity of choice, as being near the rest of my squad is extremely dangerous.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5102 on: July 12, 2012, 12:26:41 pm »

Jim figured Mesk could doctor himself - that was his profession, anyway - and went in to check the house.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5103 on: July 12, 2012, 12:29:17 pm »

"Thanks for telling me to do what I was already doing, Smartass. What would we be without the extremely competent man who sets houses on fire, almost kills his teammates with his manipulator and then keeps trying to order them around?"

Milno quips back to Kyle.

"I also hope you find your conversation with the civilians satisfactory."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5104 on: July 12, 2012, 12:35:24 pm »

"Almost kills my teammates? You know as well as I do that the manipulator blast had no chance of doing any real damage to these suits. And if you'd like to try to lead this bunch, then by all means, be my guest. I'm trying to keep casualties to a minimum, considering I'm one of maybe two people here who finds murder less than acceptable."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5105 on: July 12, 2012, 12:46:02 pm »

Pop a painkiller and set the toes as best I can as I follow Jim.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5106 on: July 12, 2012, 01:56:12 pm »

DOOR RAEG DOORS DIE NOW. Kill door.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5107 on: July 12, 2012, 02:50:40 pm »

((Doors.  The bane of the existence of this team.))

"...D'oh.  Still learning this dope suit.  Lemme try again."

Burn down the house with less fail this time.

((Be thankful I didn't use the rocket slug launcher- pretty sure I have a -1 to it.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5108 on: July 12, 2012, 07:02:46 pm »

((Sounds like an idea!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5109 on: July 12, 2012, 07:26:34 pm »

Wake up
[end: 5]

"Ughhhh" you regain consciousness and sit up.

Milno watches the whole affair only getting to the obvious conclusion either the killer is subtly influencing the doctor's pet into shocking his teammates or he is just really that stupid.
"The loner went aggressive and was taken down."

After answering any of his teammates' doubts about Travis' fate, Milno changed his comms to relay his voice to both teams.
"There are civilians outside the houses seventeen to twenty, and I really doubt they want to shake our hands and congratulate us for our good work. Both teams should stay close to each other in case any of us need help."

Check fuel, keep flying erratically and once more try to figure out where the killer is. Obviously it wasn't the loner. After failing spetacularly or succeeding, keep an eye on the civilians.

70% fuel left.
[int:5] Well, the killer is using the people already in the houses to kill each other so that he doesn't have to go around and do it himself. That means he's probably camped out somewhere, not moving. The civilians seem to kind just be standing around outside the 21st building, not moving.

(( Eh, I feel obligated to point out that Maurice is, in fact, male. And have always been. And have always been straight.
Wait. Have Maurice's gender been changed at some point?  :o

Oh, and could I have had a willpower roll to resist the hysteria? Or was it a concealed 1?
Still, that's not the worst way to administer first aid to an electroshocked person. I might have opted for internal cardiac massage (believing Renen's heart to have stopped), considering I had the right equipment for that sort of aid  :P ))
EDIT: (( Oh, I endured the electroshock. Well, that explains everything. Except for the gender change. ))
Supress the hysterics. Administer aid to Renen, this time do something more intelligent.

(Ah, alright, I think I was conflating him with Pyro's new character. You two are eternally linked in my head)

You're about to check on Renen when he sits up and grumbles. Huh, guess he's alright.

"Steve, I was wondering, just where do you find people that are this incompetent? This is the first time I've ever seen anyone repeatedly fail to touch a house.

Anyway guys, I'm going to go check on those civilians over there. Milno, keep an eye on things in case one of them is our killer."

Walk over to the civilians, say the following

"Excuse me, but we're currently investigating reports of a serial killer here. I would highly recommend that you go back into your houses, hide, and start praying to your deity of choice, as being near the rest of my squad is extremely dangerous.
The civilians say anything but proceed to slowly move and form a circle around you. They stare at you blankly.

Jim figured Mesk could doctor himself - that was his profession, anyway - and went in to check the house.
You walk into the home. The front room is empty, as is the kitchen beyond it, but there's another door that looks like it leads farther into the house so you go to have a look. You jiggle the handle. It's unlocked. [Intuition:4] You stop before you open the door. Something feels...wrong here.

Pop a painkiller and set the toes as best I can as I follow Jim.
[Med:1+1]
You get out a pain killer and pelt your foot with it, plinking the pill off your boot and onto the ground. This has negligible effects.

"STOP MOCKING ME!" You scream at your broken foot, trying and failing to work out how you could strangle it.

DOOR RAEG DOORS DIE NOW. Kill door.

[Str:2] You manage to yank your arm out of the wall, dragging a 2x4 with it, and try again to smash down the door. However the large surface area that the 2x4 makes your blow completely ineffectual.

"Oh now this is just getting stupid."

((Doors.  The bane of the existence of this team.))

"...D'oh.  Still learning this dope suit.  Lemme try again."

Burn down the house with less fail this time.

((Be thankful I didn't use the rocket slug launcher- pretty sure I have a -1 to it.))

[uncon:5]

You finally manage to press your hand against the house and pump electricity into the wall till it ignites. Fucking finally.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5110 on: July 12, 2012, 07:30:37 pm »

((AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA. WTF is wrong with those dice?))

IVAN SMASH!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 07:54:37 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5111 on: July 12, 2012, 07:43:48 pm »

Jim left the house. "Yeah, I'm a psychic and I'm not getting good vibes from this place, so I'm just going to listen to my instincts and burn it to the fucking ground," he said to Mesk as he passed, turning around and concentrating on the house with his Microwave Amp.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5112 on: July 12, 2012, 07:51:29 pm »

"Sounds good to me."
Pick up my painkiller and try that again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5113 on: July 12, 2012, 07:55:08 pm »

((Attn Piecewise:  I will be camping this weekend and unavailable to act.  I grant Calleath, as squad leader, the power to act for me if I haven't posted an action.))

Thrak turned his face into a happy face.

"There we go, bros!  Now we wait for him to come out!"

Attempt to spread the fire, and rocket slug the first thing to come out of the house.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5114 on: July 12, 2012, 09:46:13 pm »

"Blast it. Milno, is anyone hiding in a side alley or building watching all this? I'm pretty sure these civilians are being controlled."

Kyle then switched onto the public chat channel, calling out

"This is Kyle to all points. Controlled civilians have surrounded my position outside house 21. If anyone has non-lethal weaponry, now would be the time to use it."

Break out of my circle back towards my squad, using my taser glove on any civilians that try to stop me. If they all swarm me, use the manipulator as a last resort.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 09:52:15 pm by Nicholas1024 »
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 1256