Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940746 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #5055 on: July 10, 2012, 11:59:17 pm »

((And Milno continues being badass.))

((Yep, if Milno ever dies (before Lukas does) I will have Lukas scream "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!" Or something like that.))
((*Removes helmet*
By the gods. We're all done for.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5056 on: July 11, 2012, 12:13:04 am »

((I'm confused. I thought I got a +1 due to short range and a +1 due to conventional weapons. Oh well. Time to work on that superhero character))
Oops, I forgot that extra +1. Well... we can retcon him being grazed by it, but it's not really gonna have much of an effect, especially since he has that alien healing. It would basically just give him a nasty couple of gashes.

And actually you're not perma-dead, just had your spine severed. Your brain, at least most of it, is still intact.

"Erm, something is trying to eat me in here. Friendly coming out of house 29, or 28."
Get out of the house, if the door seems too risky to run for, find a window.
You head out through the front door and find Travis laying in the street in a pool of blood. Wow, that was fast.

"Hey!" you shout over the radio, " Someone killed a teammate AND IT WASN'T ME!"

"What in the... is that the killer someone just nailed? I suppose I should go check."

Kyle headed towards the dead body, checking what was on the corpse and taking any weapons for safekeeping...

((Is this permadeath, or does Travis have his brain intact?))
After seeing your teammate go down one thought goes through your head: FREE STUFF! You immediately sprint to the body and swipe his Crystalline Projector.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: July 11, 2012, 12:13:56 am »

((One kill for Thomas' laser rifle. You did say you wanted it tested in the field.))

Milno locks both of his gauss rifles on his back before giving another short burst of his exhaust to float to the ground, landing on both feet with a soft sound and a small cloud of dust. He starts to move towards Travis' unmoving corpse, relaying his voice to both teams at the same time.
"The crazy loner is down. I don't really think any medical aid will save him."

Milno watches as Kyle takes the projector, only calmly moving to him to get what is his.
Take the projector from Kyle.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 12:24:05 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5058 on: July 11, 2012, 12:39:39 am »

(Oh, I thought his brain was destroyed.  Anyone mind if I "practice medicine" on his not-quite-dead body?)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: July 11, 2012, 12:44:53 am »

Ivan grabs anything else he had on him, before turning back to look at the crystal.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: July 11, 2012, 12:51:01 am »

"Good shot, Milno. We'll haul his carcass back to the Sword when the mission's over and the doctor can fix him up, same as he did me. And maybe he'll learn the same damn thing I did the hard way and stick with the team from now on." Jim shook his head as he spoke to Milno over coms. It wasn't a good way to learn that particular lesson - that going it alone got you killed - but he felt he was much the better for it. "Mesk, you go check on Ivan just in case. I'll meet up with Milno."

Jim walked over to his veteran brother Bastard. "We haven't had much luck with discovering the killer on our side, and I'm going to go out on a wild fucking guess here and say you haven't either. Where are you thinking of searching next?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: July 11, 2012, 12:58:51 am »

"Yes sir, sir!"
Mesk snaps a sloppy, if not quite irreverent, salute and runs off to check Ivan's condition.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: July 11, 2012, 01:07:25 am »

Milno smirks, keeping his laser rifle resting on his shoulder as he walks closer to the group forming around the corpse.
"Yeah, I guess so. Haven't found him neither, so I was thinking about searching the four-story building after taking a quick look at some houses we haven't entered but had their windows broken."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: July 11, 2012, 07:55:19 am »

OK

Renen follows Thrak and Maurice.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: July 11, 2012, 09:57:52 am »

"I suppose this projector confirms that it's our loner and not the killer. Regardless, I can't use the thing, conventional weapons are not my specialty. Perhaps you can put it to better use, Milno."

Give Milno the crystalline projector.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:16:21 am by Nicholas1024 »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: July 11, 2012, 10:01:39 am »

Toss Milno the crystalline projector.

(([Dex: 1] You throw the crystalline projector like a javelin, it's pointy end aimed at Milno. Milno can do nothing but watch as the crystalline projector punctures his chest, and then 30 seconds later his chest cavity explode))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: July 11, 2012, 10:10:28 am »

(([Dex: 1] You throw the crystalline projector like a javelin, it's pointy end aimed at Milno. Milno can do nothing but watch as the crystalline projector punctures his chest, and then 30 seconds later his chest cavity explode))
((Looks more like [dex:6]. [Dex:1] would get him trying to throw the projector just to have it fall on his own foot.))
>Yes?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: July 11, 2012, 11:23:44 am »

Before Thrak can even react, it's over.  One team member dropped.  Huh.

"Bros, someone's been smashing up houses three through eight on the other side of the street, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't us.  We should totally check 'em, yo."

Thrak moves toward house 8 to investigate, bringing Renan and Maurice.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5068 on: July 11, 2012, 12:24:07 pm »

((One kill for Thomas' laser rifle. You did say you wanted it tested in the field.))

Milno locks both of his gauss rifles on his back before giving another short burst of his exhaust to float to the ground, landing on both feet with a soft sound and a small cloud of dust. He starts to move towards Travis' unmoving corpse, relaying his voice to both teams at the same time.
"The crazy loner is down. I don't really think any medical aid will save him."

Milno watches as Kyle takes the projector, only calmly moving to him to get what is his.
Take the projector from Kyle.
You yank the Projector out of Kyle's hand.

Ivan grabs anything else he had on him, before turning back to look at the crystal.
You walk out to the body but it's already been picked over. You shrug and walk off back into the house. The crystal has grown out to a fairly large size but has already begun to collapse into an ashy substance.

"Good shot, Milno. We'll haul his carcass back to the Sword when the mission's over and the doctor can fix him up, same as he did me. And maybe he'll learn the same damn thing I did the hard way and stick with the team from now on." Jim shook his head as he spoke to Milno over coms. It wasn't a good way to learn that particular lesson - that going it alone got you killed - but he felt he was much the better for it. "Mesk, you go check on Ivan just in case. I'll meet up with Milno."

Jim walked over to his veteran brother Bastard. "We haven't had much luck with discovering the killer on our side, and I'm going to go out on a wild fucking guess here and say you haven't either. Where are you thinking of searching next?"

You join milno by the corpse.

"Yes sir, sir!"
Mesk snaps a sloppy, if not quite irreverent, salute and runs off to check Ivan's condition.
[med:1+1]
You jog over to Ivan and follow him into the house before taking a look at him. You have no idea. He's just a big mass of alien ick.

OK

Renen follows Thrak and Maurice.
You join Thrak and Maurice and wait for them to do anything.

"I suppose this projector confirms that it's our loner and not the killer. Regardless, I can't use the thing, conventional weapons are not my specialty. Perhaps you can put it to better use, Milno."

Give Milno the crystalline projector.
You squeeze the air where the projector has been yanked out of your hands. Yeah...guess thats ok.

Before Thrak can even react, it's over.  One team member dropped.  Huh.

"Bros, someone's been smashing up houses three through eight on the other side of the street, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't us.  We should totally check 'em, yo."

Thrak moves toward house 8 to investigate, bringing Renan and Maurice.
You grab Maurice and Renen follows as you head over to house 8. The door is closed and locked, but one of the upstairs windows is broken and appears to have blood on the remaining shards.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5069 on: July 11, 2012, 03:38:46 pm »

"Let's check it out, bros!"

Break and enter.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 1256