Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942322 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #4995 on: July 09, 2012, 07:39:26 pm »

(What are civilians made of in this universe, wet papier mache?)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: July 09, 2012, 07:41:02 pm »

(Ivan has a Tyrant hand.)

Jim went straight for the door and smashed it down, ready to tear into whatever was making the noise with his cleaver.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: July 09, 2012, 07:58:52 pm »

[Str:2]
[str:4]
[str:3]
[str:6]
[str:5]
You walk over to the pile of people and just start swinging with both hands, sending sprays of blood and teeth against the wall. The first punch glaces off the father's head while the second takes off most of the mother's face with your talons. The third catches the oldest son's cheek, the fourth literally tears the middle child's head clear off, while the last knocks the youngest child out.

((By now the serial killer should come out to shake the HMRC crew's hands, saying that he really appreciates their work. It may not be very subtle but the rawness of it is refreshing. I mean, they're are sorta like colleagues by now.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: July 09, 2012, 08:00:51 pm »

((By now the serial killer should come out to shake the HMRC crew's hands, saying that he really appreciates their work. It may not be very subtle but the rawness of it is refreshing. I mean, they're are sorta like colleagues by now.))
((Gonna concur with this. It's important for artists to expose themselves to new styles, after all.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4999 on: July 09, 2012, 08:09:00 pm »

"Ah, never mind, this program looks to work even better as bait. It's a simple suit deactivation, but that little feature is hidden in all the complex code, and hopefully anyone who uses it won't realize the trap until it's too late. Could you send it to a moron of your choice on the other squad and tell him to activate it and run out into the laser field if/when things get desperate? Claim that it only makes the laser field ignore the person with the program running. I doubt the killer will be stupid enough to run it on his own suit, but if he does try it out on whomever he's controlling, that should give us some early warning that he's up to something. Anyway, I'm going to try bluffing the rest of my squad, if they ask you about it could you please play along?"

Relabel program file to "LFenceOverride", upload it to Steve. Then transmit the following to my squad (patching Steve in so he knows what I'm up to):

"Alright guys, Steve's contacted me, considering there isn't much left of this village anyway, he's given us an hour deadline to catch the killer, if we're not done by then, he nukes the place. In order to deactivate the countdown, I need to take a sample of the killer's DNA with the concealed scanner in my glove; it'll automatically perform the relevant tests and upload the results to Steve. So yeah, let's hurry.

There, that should get the killer coming after me. Now I need to actually set the trap... Milno's got the best gear, I'll see if I can't get him to do stuff.

Opening a private channel to Milno, Kyle inquired,

"Milno, are there any wounded civilians in a somewhat closed area nearby that I could treat? Order me over the public chat to go there and then hide yourself nearby. It might be a good idea to tell the squad you're taking to the air or otherwise going solo so he won't be suspicious. What I'm hoping for is that the killer will come after me to deactivate the countdown, be completely unaware of you, and you can take him out with minimal collateral damage.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: July 09, 2012, 08:15:00 pm »

You're in a single story house?
((Sorry, messed up there.))

Milno drags Maurice and Thrak to the room the drone woman was.

"We have work to do."

Upon receiving Kyle's message, Milno resists the urge to facepalm before sending back a private message.
"You are aware that I do know you are bullshitting us, right? I noticed you have been tinkering for too long, and your little plan has parts you are not telling us. Also, if the killer goes for you, he'll use his amp. He doesn't need to use his razor and expose himself unnecessarily."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: July 09, 2012, 09:13:36 pm »

Go with Milno.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: July 09, 2012, 09:38:56 pm »

Search house for weaponry. Move on to house #27.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: July 09, 2012, 09:39:48 pm »

"You are aware that I do know you are bullshitting us, right? I noticed you have been tinkering for too long, and your little plan has parts you are not telling us. Also, if the killer goes for you, he'll use his amp. He doesn't need to use his razor and expose himself unnecessarily."

Kyle replied on the private channel,

"I need to check with Steve how the amp works, but I think he needs line of sight, or at least a better idea of where I'm at. With the right hiding spot, you could probably intercept him. And yes, I'm bluffing here, but there aren't exactly a ton of choices. I don't suppose you have a better idea to lure him into a trap?"

((By the way, where am I at the moment?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: July 09, 2012, 09:52:05 pm »

Milno shoots back:

"Steve said that if he has a good idea of where you are, he does not even need to establish visual contact. The killer may also be watching from the four-story building or alternatively, he can use the dogs to spot and control you from a safe distance. He is a smart coward, and if you really want to go on with your plan, I really think what will happen is one of us being taken over by him. People more able than us have been hunting for him, and it was only due to probably his first mistake that he was cornered here. Staying away from the rest of the group only makes us vulnerable, and I doubt I'll be able to hide well enough to fool a trained agent."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5005 on: July 09, 2012, 10:32:29 pm »

"Well, what's the alternative, Milno? I know very well it's a risky plan, but unless we can bait the killer into revealing himself, we have to knock out or otherwise clear the entire town, and at our current rate of attrition, that seems unlikely. Also, if he falls for the hour deadline ploy, by hiding intelligently we might be able to bait him into a riskier offensive on his end. Although I suppose first we'd have to determine how that amp works more precisely...

Steve, could you patch me through to the armory master? I've got a few questions about the killer's equipment."

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: July 09, 2012, 10:41:11 pm »

And then you rethink leaping out a window with a knife in your pocket.

((What!? Piecewise stopped me from doing something that could potentially hurt me, and I could only blame myself!? What is this madness!?))

Alright. Now what to do from here....

Travis turns off his lamps, and turns his amps back on. It was revealing his position. He then observed the houses he could see. What devastation had his 'team' caused.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: July 09, 2012, 10:46:35 pm »

"Well, try the doctor's pet as your partner in the ambush, I am sure that he has equipment better than mine, his body takes less space due to my rocket pods and the main 'wing' rockets being quite obvious even from a distance. I may still assist, but if you analyze your idea, it is still full of holes the killer may and will use to get us."

Milno relayed to his team:
"Remember to stay true to the survivalist's wish, heh?"
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #5008 on: July 09, 2012, 10:59:06 pm »

(What are civilians made of in this universe, wet papier mache?)
No, but Ivan has a giant mutated, taloned, spiked carapace arm, so the blows he lands with it are kind of like hitting someone with a mace.

(Ivan has a Tyrant hand.)

Jim went straight for the door and smashed it down, ready to tear into whatever was making the noise with his cleaver.
You charge down the hall and slam the door open, a bit overkill, but effective. The source of the noise is a man standing next to far wall; he is walking face first into the wall, stumbling back and then proceeding to do it again over and over like a moth against a lightbulb. He's pretty much drenched in blood.

"Ah, never mind, this program looks to work even better as bait. It's a simple suit deactivation, but that little feature is hidden in all the complex code, and hopefully anyone who uses it won't realize the trap until it's too late. Could you send it to a moron of your choice on the other squad and tell him to activate it and run out into the laser field if/when things get desperate? Claim that it only makes the laser field ignore the person with the program running. I doubt the killer will be stupid enough to run it on his own suit, but if he does try it out on whomever he's controlling, that should give us some early warning that he's up to something. Anyway, I'm going to try bluffing the rest of my squad, if they ask you about it could you please play along?"

Relabel program file to "LFenceOverride", upload it to Steve. Then transmit the following to my squad (patching Steve in so he knows what I'm up to):

"Alright guys, Steve's contacted me, considering there isn't much left of this village anyway, he's given us an hour deadline to catch the killer, if we're not done by then, he nukes the place. In order to deactivate the countdown, I need to take a sample of the killer's DNA with the concealed scanner in my glove; it'll automatically perform the relevant tests and upload the results to Steve. So yeah, let's hurry.

There, that should get the killer coming after me. Now I need to actually set the trap... Milno's got the best gear, I'll see if I can't get him to do stuff.

Opening a private channel to Milno, Kyle inquired,

"Milno, are there any wounded civilians in a somewhat closed area nearby that I could treat? Order me over the public chat to go there and then hide yourself nearby. It might be a good idea to tell the squad you're taking to the air or otherwise going solo so he won't be suspicious. What I'm hoping for is that the killer will come after me to deactivate the countdown, be completely unaware of you, and you can take him out with minimal collateral damage.

>Got it.

You're in a single story house?
((Sorry, messed up there.))

Milno drags Maurice and Thrak to the room the drone woman was.

"We have work to do."

Upon receiving Kyle's message, Milno resists the urge to facepalm before sending back a private message.
You grab Maurice and Thrak, dragging them back into the living room and pointing at the woman who is still unconscious on the couch.

Go with Milno.

You allow yourself to be dragged behind milno and into the living room.

Search house for weaponry. Move on to house #27.

Define weaponry. Like, would kitchen knives count? Simple melee weapons? Guns? Trained battle hamsters? Just anything?

And then you rethink leaping out a window with a knife in your pocket.

((What!? Piecewise stopped me from doing something that could potentially hurt me, and I could only blame myself!? What is this madness!?))

Alright. Now what to do from here....

Travis turns off his lamps, and turns his amps back on. It was revealing his position. He then observed the houses he could see. What devastation had his 'team' caused.

You gave me the option if the suit wasn't padded, so I took that. If you hadn't given that option then you would have gone sailing out face first.

You take a look around. Houses 1 and 2 are on fire, as are 31 and 32. Many other homes have smashed doors and windows, and you can hear faint screaming in the distance. Smoke is starting to fill the sky and blot out the stars, a rolling haze of black and flickering orange.

Also, congrats on our 5000 post! And congrats to Milno, our lucky 5000th poster! You have won something a bit special, which can be picked up from the armory master when you get back to the ship. And if he dies then it will go to someone random.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: July 09, 2012, 11:01:10 pm »

Also, congrats on our 5000 post! And congrats to Milno, our lucky 5000th poster! You have won something a bit special, which can be picked up from the armory master when you get back to the ship. And if he dies then it will go to someone random.

Technically 5000th reply, if we're counting the OP then I got the 5000th post.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 1256