Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943182 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #4980 on: July 09, 2012, 01:00:15 pm »

Assist Maurice.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: July 09, 2012, 01:03:43 pm »

((yes but this means that the assassin, is warned, fighting back, and knows who's going after him))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: July 09, 2012, 01:07:16 pm »

((yes but this means that the assassin, is warned, fighting back, and knows who's going after him))
((He dosen't know them personally, just as faceless HRMC mooks. He is not prepared for the likes of them.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: July 09, 2012, 01:08:23 pm »

((He is also a coward, but unfortunately he is probably smart enough not to be phased by that kind of thing. I was considering getting anything to amplify sound and call him on his preference for "prey" that does not fight back as a sign of him being a cowardly piece of shit who is afraid to get his ass handed to him, but as I mentioned, he won't mind listening to the truth, because it is an obvious tactic to smoke him out and cause him to make mistakes.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4984 on: July 09, 2012, 01:48:31 pm »

((Hm. How to go about this))

They don't deserve to live.

Travis pockets the knife. He...couldn't let go of it, not yet. He shuts off his live video feed to Steve. He activates his wristpad and sends a message.

"I've woken. Status Report team"

It was difficult typing those words. How much hatred he had for them, and the longing for his hand to be wrapped around that knife again.

Travis tries to ascertain where he was, gun at the ready

[aux:4]
You succeed on turning the video feed on your helmet back off.

You take a look around. You're in a house, that's clear enough, and judging from the hollow sound of your heel hitting the floor, upstairs.

"Everyone, shirts off. Now."
They seem to be a lot more interested in cowering then listening to your demands.

"Everyone, shirts off. Now."
(PARTAY TIEM)

(Also I got a medical roll that was actually successful!  For once in my life!  On... a dead body.  It's a start.)

"Well, I'm no expert, but it seems to me this man was killed by massive sharp force trauma to the... everywhere.  No, I'm going somewhere with this.  See, I don't see any evidence of, say, poisoning, or drugging of any kind.  That implies the killer possesses massive physical strength, to cut a person apart like this, and the skill to take on a fully grown man without the need to resort to tricks.  I'm going to go out on a limb, specifically my own doctoring leg, and say that this guy was killed by our target.  Personally.  And recently.
"If you want my professional opinion, screw any civvies that might still be here, they're dead either way.  Let's burn the house down."
Get a Molotov ready, my own razor within arm's reach.  Listen carefully for any sounds of movement.
You get another molotov ready using the last of your disinfectant bottles, but leave it unlit. There is something moving upstairs, thumping away rhythmically.

"Right. Torch the place and let's move on." Jim left and headed for House 7. Once there, he would break down the door and move inside.
You go to leave but stop as mesk motions to the ceiling. You stop and listen. You can hear a soft thumping.

Renen goes to where Milno is and asks Steve:

With that amp, can the user create a illusion in the brain of the target? Like make the target see a corpse where there is none or a bunch of people alive and safe. 'Cuz, if the amp can control the brain, I think there is a way to control the five senses and create a total illusion.
You follow milno to where Maurice is standing.

>He could create illusions, yes. Hell, he could just plant suggestions or emotions in your head to make you do whatever he wants. Everything around you could be nothing but a complex delusion.

((you guys are $%£%ed!))
((Why?))

((@GM: I just remembered something. The MkIII gives a +1 bonus to str, how about the melee combat str rolls?))

Milno taps the forearm of his suit after his short examination. He would really have to postpone that until he was back in the ship. 

"Anyone found anything worth of note aside from drone people?" - message relayed to both teams.

Join Maurice.
(yep.)

You wander into the room Maurice is in and take a side long glace at the bodies. Never a good thing.

A bunch of dead bodies in this room, likely the husband and two dead children of that woman. She might have been an accomplice (most likely unwilling) in their murder, or just witnessed that. Gashes in their necks indicate that some kind of a blade was used; not sure if it is still in this room (or house, for that matter) - currently looking for it.
Look around the house (starting with the room with bodies) for the murder weapon.
You take a look around the room for what could have killed the people. You find a kitchen knife laying next to the bed. Considering the blood on it, you're fairly certain this is the murder weapon. Oddly there's also a pile of bloody clothing next to the knife.

((He dosen't know them personally, just as faceless HRMC mooks. He is not prepared for the likes of them.))
But travis know them. And he knows travis.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: July 09, 2012, 01:52:08 pm »

((You guys should probably do the steps you take to check if you're dreaming. Hypothetically, the hallucinations would be similar to dreams.

Travis knows their personalities, but he never asked about their various exploits, and he doesn't know about their little tricks, like Milnos hover mode.))

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: July 09, 2012, 02:13:10 pm »

((I do know their weapon load outs, however. Also, I do believe I'm dieing next turn))

Ignored. They ignored me. This was no simple accident, I truly am left for dead.

Travis sighs. He finds himself looking at his pocket, where he stashed the knife

No. No. NO! That knife has the stain of innocents...

((Are our suits padded for 1 story falls? I assume so, since we're so far in the future, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

If so:))

Travis searches for a window. It's not safe around here. He jumps through it and tries to ascertain what house he's at, using intuition.

((If Not:))

Travis searches for a down stair. The assassin knows exactly where he's at. He could regain control at any moment. Got to get moving.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 02:20:23 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: July 09, 2012, 02:16:03 pm »

Punch them all.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: July 09, 2012, 02:33:08 pm »

(I don't think Travis knows Jim's. He just knows Jim has big-ass gorilla arms. Amps are installed directly into the brain and since you can't see Jim's...)

"Let's go, see what that is." Jim headed upstairs.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: July 09, 2012, 02:36:35 pm »

Punch them all.
((If we had anyone in the team that cared about people killing innocents without any lingering shadow of guilt, some of us would be killed as soon as we got back into the ship.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: July 09, 2012, 03:12:28 pm »

((Sorry for my recent inactivity, I've been a bit busy.

@Caellath

Well, Kyle would, but so far nobody's intentionally killed innocents in front of him, and he's not suicidal enough to take on Jim's murder squad by himself.
))

Take another shot at deciphering what my program does, and if needed change it such that it won't bypass/deactivate/etc the laser field.

Kyle then sends a private message to Steve, asking

"Steve, can you set up another layer of defense outside of the laser field that's near impossible to notice until triggered? I'm working on my program, but I might have accidentally stumbled on a way to deactivate said lasers, and though I'm definitely destroying the program, if the assassin reads my mind, that would be bad."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 03:16:49 pm by Nicholas1024 »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: July 09, 2012, 03:21:15 pm »

((Are our suits padded for 1 story falls? I assume so, since we're so far in the future, but it doesn't hurt to ask.))
((You're in for an unpleasant surprise. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: July 09, 2012, 05:19:27 pm »

Check if the clothes in the pile are women's.
I've found the murder weapon. Kitchen knife.
We are probably finished with this house. What house are we checking next?

Go outside. Go to the house Milno mentions and knock on its entrance doors.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: July 09, 2012, 05:30:16 pm »

" Shit."

Move downstairs.
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4994 on: July 09, 2012, 07:32:35 pm »

((I do know their weapon load outs, however. Also, I do believe I'm dieing next turn))

Ignored. They ignored me. This was no simple accident, I truly am left for dead.

Travis sighs. He finds himself looking at his pocket, where he stashed the knife

No. No. NO! That knife has the stain of innocents...

((Are our suits padded for 1 story falls? I assume so, since we're so far in the future, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

If so:))

Travis searches for a window. It's not safe around here. He jumps through it and tries to ascertain what house he's at, using intuition.

((If Not:))

Travis searches for a down stair. The assassin knows exactly where he's at. He could regain control at any moment. Got to get moving.
You find a window and ready yourself to leap out. And then you rethink leaping out a window with a knife in your pocket. You find the stairs and head down and out to the street. You take a look around and check the map. You're outside of house 3, on the main street.

Punch them all.
[Str:2]
[str:4]
[str:3]
[str:6]
[str:5]
You walk over to the pile of people and just start swinging with both hands, sending sprays of blood and teeth against the wall. The first punch glaces off the father's head while the second takes off most of the mother's face with your talons. The third catches the oldest son's cheek, the fourth literally tears the middle child's head clear off, while the last knocks the youngest child out.

(I don't think Travis knows Jim's. He just knows Jim has big-ass gorilla arms. Amps are installed directly into the brain and since you can't see Jim's...)

"Let's go, see what that is." Jim headed upstairs.
(yeah, he only knows the arms)

You follow the hall around till you find a stairway. There's blood pooled and running down the steps. You head up and find another body laying near the top of the stairs. The thumping is louder up here, coming from a lit room at the end of the hall.

((Sorry for my recent inactivity, I've been a bit busy.

@Caellath

Well, Kyle would, but so far nobody's intentionally killed innocents in front of him, and he's not suicidal enough to take on Jim's murder squad by himself.
))

Take another shot at deciphering what my program does, and if needed change it such that it won't bypass/deactivate/etc the laser field.

Kyle then sends a private message to Steve, asking

"Steve, can you set up another layer of defense outside of the laser field that's near impossible to notice until triggered? I'm working on my program, but I might have accidentally stumbled on a way to deactivate said lasers, and though I'm definitely destroying the program, if the assassin reads my mind, that would be bad."

>The fences can't be deactivated from a distance, they need to be manually shut off. And the chances of you accidentally creating a program that can do that are...well they're not good.

[aux:3+1] Ah, it looks like this program, when activated, would shut your own suit down. How unhelpful.

Check if the clothes in the pile are women's.
I've found the murder weapon. Kitchen knife.
We are probably finished with this house. What house are we checking next?

Go outside. Go to the house Milno mentions and knock on its entrance doors.
The clothing is a woman's by the look of it. And heavily blood stained on one side.

" Shit."

Move downstairs.
You're in a single story house?
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 1256