Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943248 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #4965 on: July 08, 2012, 03:29:46 pm »

((Not to mention it was HIS fault for being a loner. He prefers to blame anyone but himself, who happens to be the real culprit.))

((Sounds about right. He does have a big ego, after all))
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:35:05 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4966 on: July 08, 2012, 08:50:43 pm »

((Not to mention it was HIS fault for being a loner. He prefers to blame anyone but himself, who happens to be the real culprit.))

((Sounds about right. He does have a big ego, after all))

((So this means you have a big alter ego? - Sorry for the bad jokes.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4967 on: July 08, 2012, 11:51:06 pm »

Not easily and not in the field still sounded as a better prospect for those people than "never", but even then...

Milno remembered he didn't examine the MkIII throughly as he wanted in the VR Machine, so...How about doing it in the field before trying it on the ship?

Examine the suit's systems and settings for anything new.

[Aux:3] You find nothing that you don't already know about.

"Oh shit, what the hell happened here?  Don't answer that, I know what happened.  It was rhetorical.  Jim, cover me while I find out when this guy died."
Try to determine time of death.  Anything else about his death too; cause, murder weapon, etc.
[Med:3+1]
You're no coroner, but this looks pretty fresh; none of the blood around here is very coagulated and it's still dripping off the table. As per cause of death, well it was either the decapitation or the massive groin to sternum gash and partial disemboweling; You're not sure which came first.  The weapon, from what you can tell, was a cutting tool of some kind.

((You assume your eyes were closed?))

((Oh dear))

Did I..no, I couldn't of. But I have blood on my hands....

I killed more innocents, and it's all my fault again. At least I don't have the memories this time. The screams.

Why...why am I not a....drone? Does he just want to relish in my fear and distraught before nailing me?

My team. They didn't pick me up. They left me for dead. Abandoned me. Like my parents. They caused this. It was the most logical course of action at the time, and they didn't follow up.

Travis curls his hands

They were too busy killing civilians to help me.......

Travis checks his gun and its ammo count. He does a suit diagnostic, and if everything is operational, turns on all the default accessories (radio, wristpad, ect)

He takes the knife out of the chest and tosses it into a corner. He looks for some blankets/towels, and covers the bodies with them

Your gun is still fully loaded and your suit is functional, save for the outgoing radio, which is still locked. You wrench the knife free from the body at your feet and raise your hand to thrown it. But then you don't. You bring it back down and hold it in front of your face, looking at it. You stare into the blood, still bright red on the shining surface, almost glowing in the light of your helmet.

They left you to die.

You turn the blade over in your hands, feeling how comfortable, how comforting, it is to squeeze it in your palm.

They didn't help you.

You feel your heart beating faster as the gleam of the blade shines blindingly in your eyes, seeming to burn the image into the air itself.

These people could have been saved, if they had helped you.

You swing it, just once, just to see how it feels. It feels right; it feels like it was made for you.

People like them don't deserve to live.

(I find it ironic Travis is all like' the REST of the team was too busy killing civilians' considering that he's slaughtered enough to fill an entire room on his own while everyone else has killed I think five combined, and of those at least two were accidents and one was to save a teammate. :P)

Jim waited by the door for Mesk to finish his examination, although he didn't see much point in it. How this person died didn't matter; catching whatever sick fuck cut them up for fun did. He had killed two people himself on this mission, sure, but he hadn't mutilated the body - beyond the first hit, anyway.
You tap your foot anxiously, waiting for Mesk.

Go inside, look around for people.
You take a look around. Yeah, there's someone: Specifically 5 someones all huddled in a corner. The entrance hallway opens into a living room to the right, and what looks like an entire family is currently cowering in one corner of the room, next to the tv.

Check the bodies for signs of life, then for cause and time of death. Search the house for a rope or something to bind the woman.
[med:2+1]
Uh, well they certainly seem dead. They've got a big o' gash in their neck, which isn't usually survivable. And time of death? Uh...well probably when they got that big gash in their neck.

The closest thing you find to rope is the draw string on some curtains.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: July 08, 2012, 11:54:52 pm »

Jim received a message... startlingly, from himself. He opened it, watched, then wrote one back.

Reply:

The full synth body probably comes with those, and why did you send me that video? I NEVER wanted to see that. Who the hell even is this anyway?

Then he continued to wait for Mesk's report.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 11:56:45 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: July 09, 2012, 12:45:51 am »

((Hm. How to go about this))

They don't deserve to live.

Travis pockets the knife. He...couldn't let go of it, not yet. He shuts off his live video feed to Steve. He activates his wristpad and sends a message.

"I've woken. Status Report team"

It was difficult typing those words. How much hatred he had for them, and the longing for his hand to be wrapped around that knife again.

Travis tries to ascertain where he was, gun at the ready
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4970 on: July 09, 2012, 12:46:32 am »

"Everyone, shirts off. Now."
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: July 09, 2012, 12:56:59 am »

"Everyone, shirts off. Now."
(PARTAY TIEM)

(Also I got a medical roll that was actually successful!  For once in my life!  On... a dead body.  It's a start.)

"Well, I'm no expert, but it seems to me this man was killed by massive sharp force trauma to the... everywhere.  No, I'm going somewhere with this.  See, I don't see any evidence of, say, poisoning, or drugging of any kind.  That implies the killer possesses massive physical strength, to cut a person apart like this, and the skill to take on a fully grown man without the need to resort to tricks.  I'm going to go out on a limb, specifically my own doctoring leg, and say that this guy was killed by our target.  Personally.  And recently.
"If you want my professional opinion, screw any civvies that might still be here, they're dead either way.  Let's burn the house down."
Get a Molotov ready, my own razor within arm's reach.  Listen carefully for any sounds of movement.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:58:45 am by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: July 09, 2012, 12:58:40 am »

"Right. Torch the place and let's move on." Jim left and headed for House 7. Once there, he would break down the door and move inside.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: July 09, 2012, 09:00:21 am »

Renen goes to where Milno is and asks Steve:

With that amp, can the user create a illusion in the brain of the target? Like make the target see a corpse where there is none or a bunch of people alive and safe. 'Cuz, if the amp can control the brain, I think there is a way to control the five senses and create a total illusion.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: July 09, 2012, 10:32:06 am »

((you guys are $%£%ed!))
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: July 09, 2012, 11:36:54 am »

((you guys are $%£%ed!))
((Why?))

((@GM: I just remembered something. The MkIII gives a +1 bonus to str, how about the melee combat str rolls?))

Milno taps the forearm of his suit after his short examination. He would really have to postpone that until he was back in the ship. 

"Anyone found anything worth of note aside from drone people?" - message relayed to both teams.

Join Maurice.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 12:55:20 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4976 on: July 09, 2012, 12:44:35 pm »

A bunch of dead bodies in this room, likely the husband and two dead children of that woman. She might have been an accomplice (most likely unwilling) in their murder, or just witnessed that. Gashes in their necks indicate that some kind of a blade was used; not sure if it is still in this room (or house, for that matter) - currently looking for it.
Look around the house (starting with the room with bodies) for the murder weapon.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: July 09, 2012, 12:48:37 pm »

"We have what I assume is a ritually dismembered corpse. Head's been cut off, internal organs taken out. God damn am I glad I don't have those anymore. Anything on your end Milno?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4978 on: July 09, 2012, 12:54:56 pm »

"Corpses produced by someone controlled by the assassin in this house." Milno answers Jim "We should check the four-story building next. It is a great observation spot, and remember to incapacitate or kill that loner survivalist as soon as he enters line of sight like he asked. It seems he moved after Steve got him unconscious, so he is probably one of the killer's puppets by now."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: July 09, 2012, 12:59:01 pm »

((you guys are $%£%ed!))
((You, good sir are underestimating Milno, Ivan, and Jim. The Bastards don't fail.))
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 1256