Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942692 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #4920 on: July 07, 2012, 03:05:53 pm »

(1. Eliminate could also mean 'knock out'; either way he's no longer a threat. 2. Every person we get rid of is one less asset this guy has. Less eyes around the city, less bodies to distract/attack us with, etc.)
((You know as much as I do that the GM will apply eliminate as killing, and those points negate each other :P))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: July 07, 2012, 03:10:06 pm »

Thrak shrugs.

Blindfold the woman then loot the house.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: July 07, 2012, 03:15:41 pm »

(First point: Yeah, I know, but there's like a 0.01% chance... >.> Second point: Not particularly. Knocking someone out is another way of 'getting rid of them,' or at least keeping them from being underfoot while we loot their houses search for the target.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4923 on: July 07, 2012, 03:58:21 pm »

"Hm, it's fairly likely that the killer used his amp on this poor woman. I doubt we have any way to reverse the effects, and our killer might be using her as a spy. I have to say, it's a good thing he's trapped inside a small village... well, not good for the civilians here, but if he were to break out, we'd never find him. Anyway...

Taser the woman unconscious. Then (secretly) rig up a program that someone would think operates the laser fence, but actually doesn't do a thing.

[uncon:5] You touch one finger to the woman's' head and shock her unconscious, carefully laying her back down on the couch afterwards. That done, you attempt to create a false program on your suit's computer. [aux: 6+1] You create a program that will...do something.

"One of your neighbors has been replaced by a very dangerous assassin. We're here to take him out. I suggest you let Mesk examine you; our target can take over people's minds. You might not even realize you're under his control." Jim folded his arms and waited to see if the man would comply or not. If he didn't or if Mesk said he didn't check out, Jim would have no choice but to eliminate him and take his bat; if he did, Jim would leave peaceably.
The man slowly lowers his bat and allows Mesk to come forward.

If he didn't or if Mesk said he didn't check out, Jim would have no choice but to eliminate him and take his bat; if he did, Jim would leave peaceably.
((Jim is also a murderer. The man can be knocked out, but what is Jim's first option? Murder.))
(Why buck the trend, right?)

edit: Same action as before.
[med:3+1]
You take a look at the man, checking his clothing and poking at his face. You're almost positive that this isn't the guy you're looking for.

Travis finishes setting up the VR machine, when the power goes out

"Oh no...."

Travis continues to try to wake up, because you know, no one likes nightmares

[end:3]
FLAAAAAAHGHHA nope.

Unconscious reactions are all normal; either she really doesn't want to react in any other way than this passive compliance (and most likely was induced to this state), or actually cannot, her whole mind being wiped out. The first variant presents potential danger to our cause, so yes, knocking her out seems a good idea.
Regardless of what caused this behavior, it doesn't seem natural, and she will probably need long medical care when this case is over, but we cannot really do anything to help her.

Check the rest of the house for other inhabitants and medical supplies.
You leave the woman alone and walk out the only other exit, a hall to the right. This hall is intersected by another hall in the center and continues on to two doors sitting at 45 degree angles at the end. The intersecting hall has one door to the left and two to the right. You head through through the left door on the intersecting hall. It's a bedroom, with a king size bed on a large wooden base with drawers. Piled on top of the bed like firewood are 3 corpses, those of a man and two children, a boy in his teens and another boy, somewhere around 7.

Take off his shirt, then smash him over the head.
You lift up his shirt. Nothing special there; oh well, worth a shot. You shrug and proceed to smack him upside the head with the butt of your rifle. He falls to the ground, equally quiet and unmoving as he was before.

Thrak shrugs.

Blindfold the woman then loot the house.
(you already blindfolded her. It's kind of implied, though obviously not enough. ) You follow Maurice as she heads off, and step into the room with her as she finds the bodies.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: July 07, 2012, 03:59:23 pm »

Go down to laundry room, look for chemicals i can combine to make fire. Do so.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: July 07, 2012, 04:08:48 pm »

"All right. Let's keep looking Mesk. You. Go find the safest room in your house and barricade yourself in for the rest of the night. We'll note this house as clear." Jim turned on his heel and left, heading for House 12. Maybe he'd be luckier there.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: July 07, 2012, 04:12:22 pm »

Thrak frowns at the corpses.

"That's some fucked up shit, bro."  He switches to team coms.  "Buncha bodies in House 17 here- some kids too.  Looks like he beat us to them."

"What should we do to cleared houses to make sure he doesn't go back in?  Looks like a couple got torched already."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4927 on: July 07, 2012, 04:19:59 pm »

((Maurice just got Rule 63'd by the GM.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: July 07, 2012, 04:32:37 pm »

"You keep that bat handy, mister.  Let's go!"
Follow Jim, again.  Bring Ivan and E, again.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: July 07, 2012, 05:28:09 pm »

"Mom....Dad? Where are you? I....I'm scared"

The air started to take a chill in the human settlement on the frozen planet Epcoc 7. It was pitch dark, no sound could be heard in the little boy's ears, except his own breathing. He had been abandoned.

HNNNNG - Travis tries to wake up

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: July 07, 2012, 07:40:46 pm »

Please don't tell me I accidentally made a program that ACTUALLY disables the laser field. So help me, if all this slaughter ends up being for nothing...

Secretly examine program, determine what it does.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: July 07, 2012, 07:46:35 pm »

Milno stares at the woman for some time, as if trying to discover how useful she could be for the assassin.
"So, have you found anything else? And if the process to transform someone in a drone can't be reversed...Well, you know what to do, just don't let smartass do it with his manipulator."
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4932 on: July 07, 2012, 08:45:09 pm »

Go down to laundry room, look for chemicals i can combine to make fire. Do so.
You wander back down to the laundry room and search around for something to light the house on fire with. You find bleach, some detergents, fabric softener and the like, but nothing that seems inherently flammable, at least not on its own.

"All right. Let's keep looking Mesk. You. Go find the safest room in your house and barricade yourself in for the rest of the night. We'll note this house as clear." Jim turned on his heel and left, heading for House 12. Maybe he'd be luckier there.
You leave the house and head to the east, following the road for quite a while. Trees line either side of the road along the way and a few scattered trees rise among the tall grass further south. Everything is wrapped in a dark blue of early night, tinged with flickering red from the distant fires.  House 12 and it's neighbor are tall, thin buildings, three stories tall, with many forward facing windows. The front door is ajar.

"You keep that bat handy, mister.  Let's go!"
Follow Jim, again.  Bring Ivan and E, again.
You grab E, thinking to yourself that you should bring a handtruck to wheel her around on next time, and follow Jim to the 12th house.

"Mom....Dad? Where are you? I....I'm scared"

The air started to take a chill in the human settlement on the frozen planet Epcoc 7. It was pitch dark, no sound could be heard in the little boy's ears, except his own breathing. He had been abandoned.

HNNNNG - Travis tries to wake up

[end:5]
You wake up suddenly, blinking in the darkness. You're not on the ground, and you're not outside. You're standing. How are you standing? How did you wake up already on your feet? And where are you? Its completely dark.

Please don't tell me I accidentally made a program that ACTUALLY disables the laser field. So help me, if all this slaughter ends up being for nothing...

Secretly examine program, determine what it does.

[Aux:1+1]
Uh...um...It does something. Yeah. Something.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: July 07, 2012, 08:46:26 pm »

To the next house, Bash the door!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4934 on: July 07, 2012, 08:52:54 pm »

"Bros, there's nothing in this house.  Let's, like, set a booby trap at the door and leave."

Throw everyone else out that hasn't left and booby trap the front door.  Leave.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 1256