Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942654 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #4890 on: July 06, 2012, 02:50:34 pm »

(( Ah, sure. I was talking about Maurice's conversation with Steve, actually - I looked and I couldn't trace Milno's reaction to any other piece of information. ))
((If the members kept getting information from Steve by private communication, the team would have been left blind, so I assumed every question to Steve is made in the public channel. And yeah, he does not tend to react to anything unless he considers it mildly important.

Edit: Of course that if Maurice was using a private channel to communicate with Steve, that is ok, I just didn't think anyone would do it, since every information given by Steve would have to be repeated.))
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 02:56:53 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4891 on: July 06, 2012, 03:24:41 pm »

No inhabitants, so far. And nothing useful towards completing the mission objectives.
Talking about atrocities, how would Maurice feel about Mesk murdering innocent people just for fun?))
((Why, kill him when back on board. After confirming he did it for fun, of course. And checking Steve to be unconcerned about convicts killing each other.
Luckily, Maurice doesn't know about Mesk's accomplishements so far :) ))

(( Ah, sure. I was talking about Maurice's conversation with Steve, actually - I looked and I couldn't trace Milno's reaction to any other piece of information. ))
((If the members kept getting information from Steve by private communication, the team would have been left blind, so I assumed every question to Steve is made in the public channel. And yeah, he does not tend to react to anything unless he considers it mildly important.))
(( Oh, sorry. I thought nearly all of such conversations were private for reasons similar to those of Travis's, and in order not to clutter the public channel; anything of importance would be relayed to other team members by characters themselves - if they see it fit (or simply matter). But yes, it can render the team dangerously short-sighted. ))
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:27:45 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: #1 producer of mentally scarred orphans
« Reply #4892 on: July 06, 2012, 04:19:37 pm »

(Are you listening, PyroDesu? Irony has a job for you. :3)

((On it, Jimbo, right after the monoatomic wristblade in synthflesh arms. I got some nice stuff planned for incendiary work.))
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 04:44:35 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4893 on: July 06, 2012, 05:26:56 pm »

"I know you're innnn heeeeeeere... Come try my booze!  Free drinks for all!"

Search the house for someone to force to get drunk.

((By god, SOMEBODY is getting drunk before I leave this town.))
You walk further into the house, rolling the booze drum along with you into the living room. There's a woman sitting in the dark on the sofa in the center of the room, apparently watching television. She doesn't blink or even move as you walk in.

Open two doors, if there's nothing interesting inside go up stairs.
First door: Laundry room with bleach, various chemicals and washer/dryer. Yawn. Second room, computer room with desk, bookcases and computer. Oooh, and a small, desk sized Van de Graaff generator. Neat.

You head up stairs. Directly at the top of the stairs is a mostly empty room occupied only by a few chairs and a tv. There are doors on either side of the room and a few windows along the wall directly across from you.

On a private channel to Steve, Kyle asked,

"Steve, how is the laser field controlled? Would it be possible to create a "shutdown code" that doesn't actually work, but would fool the killer? If we can plant the fake code on one of the less intelligent squad mates, let the killer read his mind, and bait our criminal into approaching the highly deadly fence without proper protection, that could finish the job for us."
>You could try that, though there's no guarantee that it will work.

99 oh thanks ill just add my 2 to medical))
Done and done.

Join the rest of the group.

"Computer, don't you have any kind of digital manual that could give us the specifications of the assassin's amp? If you have, please send me a copy."
(which group?)
>I don't have a digital copy here in my memory, but the Armory master is our resident Amp expert, she might be able to answer your questions for you. Ask what you need and I'll patch you in.

Jim wondered if this was the room of the person downstairs and felt a little guilty. He decided not to touch anything else and went back outside, deciding on a whim to head to house 27 and punch that door open instead.
You're beginning to  feel a bit bad about your random acts of ultra violence, so you decide against searching the last room and instead head off to home 27, skipping 28 for some reason. You note that homes 1 and two, as well as 32 and 31 are all burning as you move between the homes to the 27th structure.
[str:3+1]
You give the door a good hard backhand, slamming it open and half embedding it in the wall beyond. The massive bang this causes elicits a started scream from upstairs and you catch just a shadow of movement as it streaks off across the front room and around the corner to the left.

((Or we could check the video logs. It would show if I was picked up by a man or a dog, and who this man might be, if we're lucky))
((Maybe later~ Right now the team is busy in house...17, I think.))

Milno raises an eyebrow before leaning against the nearest wall and deciding to ask Steve about the survivalist's magic movement:
"Hey Steve. Did the crazy survivalist get moved while unconscious? And what dragged him to house three?"

>Not sure. His suit isn't transmitting anymore, not even the wristpad. I'm only tracking him via the spinal implants.

Follow Jim!  And make sure Ivan and E are following.
You grab E and drag her and yourself after Jim. You arrive just as he finishes smashing the door.

Contact Milno:
Commander, Steve said that Travis is currently inside house 3, while he was near the backyard of that house when he went unconscious. I believe that couldn't be work of a resident concerned with well-being of his fellow citizen, not in the outfit he was wearing nor with us causing mayhem outside. But that might be a trap, or just a distraction.
Move into the house. Look out for medical supplies.
You hop the fence and pass milno as you walk deeper into the house. You notice Thrak just standing there, staring at something in the room just beyond the front room so you go to see what it is. A woman is sitting in the center of the room on a sofa, watching tv with a completely blank expression.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4894 on: July 06, 2012, 05:36:51 pm »

Open the doors!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4895 on: July 06, 2012, 05:51:16 pm »

(Kill the tv-watching woman!  It's the only rational course!)

"Oops!  I forgot."
Set fire to that last house and return to Jim and the others.

(If you say so, Caellath.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 07:12:08 pm by Remalle »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: July 06, 2012, 05:55:44 pm »

((@GM: Renen is part of my team. Unfortunately.
@Remalle: There is a high probability there are people still inside that house. Mesk is not a Bastard, he is just a murderous bastard.))

Milno yawns, his eyes narrowing as he scans the area around him. Not much to do...Even then, his hands clench around the gauss rifle's grip and the monoatomic razor handle.
"Heh. He should have thought better than trust a team like ours to drag him to safety."

Crouch near the wall some feet behind Maurice and Thrak and turn on the motion sensor, if the sensor is overwhelmed by movement for whatever reason, quickly turn it off. If the cyborg dog appears, attack it with the razor.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: July 06, 2012, 07:00:04 pm »

((Well. On the off chance my brain is not completely rewired....))

Wake up? There's houses burning all around you and when you do wake, you're likely to be tortured. But what is a convict supposed to do...

((I secretly hope I've been brain washed and been directed to kill my teammates, as that would coincide well with Travis's feelings for them when he wakes up))
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 07:03:04 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: July 06, 2012, 07:14:10 pm »

((I secretly hope I've been brain washed and been directed to kill my teammates, as that would coincide well with Travis's feelings for them when he wakes up))
((Yeah, that would be the cherry on top of his short and unfortunate life of constant failures. Are you creating another character already?))
>Yes?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4899 on: July 06, 2012, 07:28:08 pm »

((I have a few ideas. Before I put any serious effort into it I have to see if I am at a point of no return. Might go with a true villain who cuts people up, a doctor who isn't much unlike The Doctor, except with no morals at all and willing to kill people to dissect them, or a ridiculous guy trying to be a comic book villain. I'm slightly leaning towards the last one, just for how much fun he'll be to RP))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4900 on: July 06, 2012, 07:33:04 pm »

Thrak sits next to the woman.

"Hey, you want a drink?"

Thrak offers her a drink while trying to figure out how to cycle his vision filters.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4901 on: July 06, 2012, 08:06:55 pm »

Jim heads upstairs to see who was screaming.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4902 on: July 06, 2012, 10:58:57 pm »

Open the doors!
You open the door on the left. Behind the door is a man. He's just standing there with a blank expression, his mouth slightly open and his eyes staring at the ceiling.

uh.

((@GM: Renen is part of my team. Unfortunately.
@Remalle: There is a high probability there are people still inside that house. Mesk is not a Bastard, he is just a murderous bastard.))

Milno yawns, his eyes narrowing as he scans the area around him. Not much to do...Even then, his hands clench around the gauss rifle's grip and the monoatomic razor handle.
"Heh. He should have thought better than trust a team like ours to drag him to safety."

Crouch near the wall some feet behind Maurice and Thrak and turn on the motion sensor, if the sensor is overwhelmed by movement for whatever reason, quickly turn it off. If the cyborg dog appears, attack it with the razor.

You crouch and turn on your motion sensor. Besides picking up the odd insect or bit of dust, it finds nothing unusual.

((Well. On the off chance my brain is not completely rewired....))

Wake up? There's houses burning all around you and when you do wake, you're likely to be tortured. But what is a convict supposed to do...

[end:1] Wow, you are so unconscious you've practically gone full circle and woken up. But not really.

Thrak sits next to the woman.

"Hey, you want a drink?"

Thrak offers her a drink while trying to figure out how to cycle his vision filters.
[Aux:3-1] You bang on your head and punch yourself in the face. For some reason this does not change your ability to see. Odd.

The lady turns her head to look at you but doesn't react in any other way.

Jim heads upstairs to see who was screaming.
You don't see the stairs, so you just head off to the left to see if you can find them. You turn the corner and [dex:2+1] take a glancing blow to the head with a bat. It doesn't have any real effect beyond surprising you though. The man with the bat, who was apparently hiding behind this corner to ambush you, looks to be in his 40's and has a very desperate expression.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: July 06, 2012, 11:03:07 pm »

Go up to him, poke.

"Random guy staring in here. Anyone know whats going on?"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4904 on: July 06, 2012, 11:03:57 pm »

"Really, now. Do you see this?" Jim held up his bloody fists. "I've torn apart some of your neighbors for less than hitting me. Do that again and I'll rip your arm off. Now, you take a seat and you tell me: in the last week or so before today, has there been anything out of the unusual? Anyone in town, say, going away on a vacation and coming back different, or things of that nature?"

If the man refused to talk or tried to hit him again Jim would use his Mass Manipulation Amp to break his elbows and knees.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 325 326 [327] 328 329 ... 1256