Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941135 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: #1 producer of mentally scarred orphans
« Reply #4830 on: July 05, 2012, 09:28:56 pm »

((I was rereading through the equipment, and glanced over cameyes, and then I remembered. Doesn't Jim have infrared vision? I'd imagine that would be fairly useful right now. At least, I thought someone got their eyes improved due to 'cyborgification'))
((Jim lost his when his head melted in the third mission. I tried to bring a cameyes goggle to the mission, but it would require more time than I had to get them ready.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: #1 producer of mentally scarred orphans
« Reply #4831 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38:32 pm »

(Is the van that brought us still here?  I'd like to leave the little girl there.  If not, I'll just keep her draped around my shoulders like a catatonic fashion accessory.)

Follow Jim into the house.  Search upstairs.
"Guys, keep your eyes peeled for gas or flammable materials.  I don't want to have to keep using my medical supplies."
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 09:41:02 pm by Remalle »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Never met a civilian we didn't kill
« Reply #4832 on: July 05, 2012, 09:55:48 pm »

It severs and smolders as he waves it in front of him again.  He nods to the car driver and he and the rest of the van drivers walk off into the night.

((Well, yes and no. Yes, it's still here. No, because there's a laser fence between you and the van. Though Milno might be able to carry the girl over the fence, we don't know if it's vertical or a horizontal fence. On that note if Milno is taken over, the assassin could use him to escape. Just a thought))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: July 05, 2012, 10:03:02 pm »

"Have fun, bro!"

Thrak admires his new bling, then grabs his keg and runs toward house 17.

"Checking this one!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: July 05, 2012, 10:05:22 pm »

Oh. So he's dead. Maurice blankly states to Kyle.
Should we proceed with checking another (presumably smaller) house meanwhile, commander?
(( ninja'd :) ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: July 05, 2012, 10:06:50 pm »

"Sure, do whatever you want, just try and stay together. At least feint competence."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: July 05, 2012, 10:08:06 pm »

"Come party at this house, dudes!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: July 05, 2012, 10:22:35 pm »

Acknowledged. On my way to help Thrak.
Follow Thrak, the instrument in hand. Stay vigilant.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4838 on: July 05, 2012, 10:25:20 pm »

To house 29!
Seeing nothing you feel like looting in this house, you move on to the next one and promptly walk straight into the door. Who locks a door? Honestly.

Thrak runs to the intersection to meet the team.

"Yo bros, I had a thought.  Why don't one or two of us get high so we can see everything?"  He looks around.  "Dude must know we're after him, so we should see if we can spot him moving.  Anything moving outside that isn't us gets blasted.  Milno, you got your jets, ya dig?"

Thrak frowns.

"What if he's watching us now?"
You walk up and say your speech, grabbing the edges of your preserved face and stretching the mouth down into a frown. Everyone around you takes a simultaneous step backwards.

Thrak frowns.
((He can't frown. I think you could do well with Jim's emoticon system.))

Milno taps the side of his helmet.
"Great idea! But the only problem is that I was about to do it before the smartass set the house ablaze. I'll try it now, although he'll probably try to control me, since I'll be in plain sight and trying to find his hiding place. If anyone gets aggressive and starts to attack the team, he must be controlling them. Break or destroy their arms to make them useless in combat. That strategy only won't work on Jim, since he is the only one of us with amps...And if I start falling, he's the best option to catch me."

"Steve, does this laser fence have a ceiling?"

Milno fires his pods and very quickly ascends in a rough zigzag to a high midpoint between both teams, getting to a height of over 200 feet (or lower depending on the laser fence ceiling, if there is one) and flying erratically as well as he can while saving fuel (free-falling from time to time before turning it on and being generally unpredictable). He then tries to find any hill or good observation spot, as well as checking the roofs of the houses.
You zoom up into the air, zigzagging erratically till you reach your desired height and look around. Hmm, there aren't any hills or things around here, but there is something farther south that looks very much like it could be a good observation point. Building 21, a 4 story something or other, towers over all the other homes and buildings. You can't see anyone atop it, or any of the other roofs for that matter, but it's the tallest thing around.

((Piecewise, estimate on when you plan me to wake up, if ever? Just curious is all, if I should still be actively thinking, picking up hints in your wording, and so on, or take a more relaxed view since I'm out of the mission permanently))
You could technically try an endurance roll at any time to get up by "trying to wake up" but you'll need a perfect 5 to do so. Waking up without rolls will happen in maybe 15-20 minutes of in game time, which could be any number of turns depending on the actions of everyone. Not too long though.

Jim looted the knives and searched the rest of the house.
You throw the whole knife set into your bag and continue on upstairs. There are three doors here, one at the end of the hall, and two on the left. The one at the end of the hall is decorated in such a way that screams "Little girl's bedroom", while the two on the left are both undecorated.

(Is the van that brought us still here?  I'd like to leave the little girl there.  If not, I'll just keep her draped around my shoulders like a catatonic fashion accessory.)

Follow Jim into the house.  Search upstairs.
"Guys, keep your eyes peeled for gas or flammable materials.  I don't want to have to keep using my medical supplies."
(the vans were outside the fence. Also they left.)
You follow Jim upstairs and stop behind him as he looks over the 3 doors, stroking his nonexistent beard.

"Have fun, bro!"

"Checking this one!"
"Have fun, bro!"

"Checking this one!"
You roll the booze train over to house 17 and try the door. Locked. Figures.

Acknowledged. On my way to help Thrak.
Follow Thrak, the instrument in hand. Stay vigilant.
You hop on board the booze train and follow it to where it promptly derails at house 17.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: July 05, 2012, 10:26:44 pm »

Jim checks the first room on the left.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: July 05, 2012, 10:26:55 pm »

Commence smashing door.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4841 on: July 05, 2012, 10:28:44 pm »

((You know, I edited it to say that I had attempted to frown.  I just edited it back to original- that is far better.  Who needs an emoticon face when I have a real one!))

Thrak knocks on the door.

"Open up, bros!  We got booze!"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4842 on: July 05, 2012, 10:36:09 pm »

Jim checks the first room on the left.
It's a bedroom, with a double bed and a dresser with a mirror on top. There's a closet on one side and a window to the backyard.

Commence smashing door.
"WHO LOCKS A DOOR!?" You scream while smashing at it with your clawed hand.
[str:5]
You smash the door right off it's hinges with a few solid blows. It falls in and lands flat, like a welcome mat to your burglery. There's a hall followed by a opening to the right and a tight turn to the left.

((You know, I edited it to say that I had attempted to frown.  I just edited it back to original- that is far better.  Who needs an emoticon face when I have a real one!))

Thrak knocks on the door.

"Open up, bros!  We got booze!"
You knock on the door. No one answers. How rude!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: July 05, 2012, 10:38:03 pm »

"Must be no one home.  Let's make sure!"

Thrak makes a mad face and busts down the door.

EDITED ACTION- SEE BELOW
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:52:04 pm by Toaster »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: July 05, 2012, 10:45:43 pm »

Let me try, Thrak.
Switching to the speakers for a moment, Maurice said:
Hazardous Materials Requisition Corps, open the door!
Check the shed or whatever addition the house 17 has. ((the smaller rectangle next to it))
Steve, I know that you watch our every single step. Could you say, where was Travis standing when he was hijacked?
(( Also, could someone point out, where did the 'posessed dog' go in reality? Was the fact ever actually mentioned?

@piecewise What is the scale of the map we have, by the way? ))
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 10:54:00 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 1256