Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939400 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: #1 producer of mentally scarred orphans
« Reply #4740 on: July 04, 2012, 05:04:15 pm »

I know, but thanks nonetheless! Kyle is trying to warn the local residents by calling them. Let us wish him good luck on that.
Go to the kitchen and beyond; look for medical supplies. Talk to Steve while moving.
Oh. Now that sounds pretty ordinary, never mind. Still, while you are at it - are we allowed to have trained animal companions? That is, living companions of non-human species?

EDIT: Hurry.

Unshealth the instrument, and attack the cyborg dog.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 06:39:18 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: July 04, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »

Oh dear.

"Steve, is it possible the assassin could use a dog as a scout for it's Organochemistry Overrider?"

Travis slowly backs up until he's out of sight, and then takes a path around to the back of building 3. He takes a position in the tall grass where he can see both ways the dog can come around building 3. If the dog comes around, he shoots. He also keeps an eye out for anyone wandering about

"Team, I'm going to break radio silence since the circumstances have changed. A dog, likely controlled by the assassin, is wandering the intersection. If someone with adequate marksmanship could please take it out, it'd be much appreciated"

"Steve, is the Organochemistry Overrider difficulty in use affected by distance, like the other amps?"

((Just double checking, the light amplification is NOT the lamp, correct?))

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 05:17:01 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: July 04, 2012, 05:53:57 pm »

((Sorry, busy day and almost no time to post.))

Milno turns his head to Maurice before starting to leave the house.
"You could try checking them for the one piece bodysuit. It is a reasonable request for most people."

He taps the corner of his helmet, giving a brisk, sarcastic salute to Kyle.
"I'm leaving to check the roof, I'm sure you are fully able to deal with the situation."

Milno turns on his rocket pods' auto-reaction system if it already isn't, leaves the house and fires his rocket pods to get to the roof, landing on the hardest part, such as supporting structures. If the crazy dog happens to be up again and attacking, destroy it with Nik's gauss rifle if there is no one around to risk friendly fire. If friendly fire is possible, Milno uses the monoatomic razor instead.

"It is such an honor to have you talking to us once again, crazy survivalist."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 06:47:11 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: July 04, 2012, 06:21:38 pm »

((@Orb Correct. ))
A dog?.. Drat. Animals are probably easier to dominate; any animal in the community is thus subject to the greater threat of being dominated than a human being. Kyle, I believe you should warn the citizens to lock their pets in somewhere.
Now, it is quite difficult to use the amps from afar, I recall from the armory lists. Travis, I believe he is somewhere close to your position, probably no further than 100 feet from where you first saw the dog. Unless he is a PK amp progidy or has gone completely crazy (which is likely, but then he's about to blow his brains off). Or he might be gambling on us believing to pin his position.

Commander, should we check that area first, or should we stick to successively checking every house?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 06:23:53 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: July 04, 2012, 06:24:36 pm »

"I think the cyborg dog near you is not 'dead', and checking outside is fine as long as you manage to get the rest of the group in tow."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: July 04, 2012, 06:31:27 pm »

Jim searched all three rooms in no particular order, but starting with the one to the right.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: July 04, 2012, 06:59:41 pm »

OH!
Upon hearing his group leader's words, Maurice acted immediately.
Past Sigs

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: July 04, 2012, 07:56:01 pm »

"Alright Milno, I'll take things from here, you be our eye in the sky.

Steve, are changes made by the killer's mind control amp permanent or temporary? Also, what effect would my taser glove have on a cyborg? Regardless, please add this to the broadcast:

'Residents, an addition to the previous announcement, the killer does have what amounts to a mind control device, so you may wish to lock any dangerous or robotically enhanced pets away somewhere safe. If you've found the killer or are being attacked by him/someone he's controlled, please scream. Preferably really loudly.'

Anyway Travis, I'm going to take a shot at melting the dog, but backup might be a good idea, I'm not the most experienced with this thing.

Head outside, use my microwave manipulator to melt the controlled cyborg-dog from a distance.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: July 04, 2012, 08:08:22 pm »

((I'd suggest being more specific. Melting the entire dog will require considerably more effort than melting, say the brain. Or the heart, since it's an easier target(miss heart, hit lungs or something)))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: July 04, 2012, 08:12:38 pm »

((According to the GM, I can heat an area of roughly 10 cubic feet if it's mostly air, so this should still be within reason.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: July 04, 2012, 08:16:40 pm »

"Hey, you did not get what I meant. I won't be an 'eye in the sky', that is just my way of saying I'll watch the chaos from an advantage point."
>Yes?

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: July 04, 2012, 08:41:54 pm »

"You've still got the best vantage point, and I'm basically asking you to watch from that vantage point so... just keep us posted, if you please."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4752 on: July 04, 2012, 08:43:30 pm »

((Nice "Healing" abilities))
"Erm, what the fuck was that?"
Check the shotgun, then search the dead dude's body for more shells.
You unload and reload the shotgun. 5 rounds. A quick search of the shredded remains of the man reveals no additional rounds.

(I love how my failures as a doctor are actually because I'm constantly overshooting, not failing.  Also the alien tendrils knitting flesh together thing is straight out of my nightmares, thanks for that.)

"Dear god, that is disturbing.  I could amputate, if you want."
Search the area as I'm saying this.
You take a quick look around the immediate area. Lets see, blood, some bits of vicera, more blood, chunks of drywall, even more blood. Hmm. There are a few doors down the hall, though Jim looks like he's already searching through them, and nothing much around you.

((Can't resist.))

Loot the chest, then continue to search.

Thrak calls out to Maurice.  "Phone's ringing, bro!"
You open the chest and start digging through the contents, throwing anything that doesn't interest you over your shoulder. Dress. Dress. Pants. Shoes. Pants. Dress. Oh, whats this; there are a few boxes here at the bottom. Hmm first one is full of pictures. Boring. You chuck it over your shoulder and send the pictures fluttering to the ground. Second one is pictures too. Lame. Ah, but the third one is jewelery. Oh ho!

I know, but thanks nonetheless! Kyle is trying to warn the local residents by calling them. Let us wish him good luck on that.
Go to the kitchen and beyond; look for medical supplies. Talk to Steve while moving.
Oh. Now that sounds pretty ordinary, never mind. Still, while you are at it - are we allowed to have trained animal companions? That is, living companions of non-human species?

EDIT: Hurry.

Unshealth the instrument, and attack the cyborg dog.
[dex:6]
[Str:4]
Acting on instinct, you whip out your knife, draw it back and plunge it directly into the head of the robo-dog, putting the blade straight through the top of the skull and out the bottom. This blow doesn't seem to phase it much as it rises back to it's feet.

Oh dear.

"Steve, is it possible the assassin could use a dog as a scout for it's Organochemistry Overrider?"

Travis slowly backs up until he's out of sight, and then takes a path around to the back of building 3. He takes a position in the tall grass where he can see both ways the dog can come around building 3. If the dog comes around, he shoots. He also keeps an eye out for anyone wandering about

"Team, I'm going to break radio silence since the circumstances have changed. A dog, likely controlled by the assassin, is wandering the intersection. If someone with adequate marksmanship could please take it out, it'd be much appreciated"

"Steve, is the Organochemistry Overrider difficulty in use affected by distance, like the other amps?"

((Just double checking, the light amplification is NOT the lamp, correct?))

(Light amplification is just a program the suit runs to amplify the ambient light when showing you the picture on the display. It lowers resolution but makes things brighter. So no, its not a lamp)

>He can use any living thing really, so yes, he could be using that dog. As per distance, yes and no. Establishing a connection is the hard part, but once that connection is established, its easy to manipulate it.

You take a few cautious steps backwards and then...nothing. You can't move. It's not even like someone is holding you, it's like you've completely frozen in place. Then your mouth moves on it's own.

"Never mind. The dog is moving away toward the south. I'm going to follow it from a distance and see what it does."

Your hands move next, in a swift and effortless series of movements. They open a menu on your display, proceed to navigate through till they find an option to "disable outgoing radio" and select it. A password screen appears and your eyes close as the hands tap away. Your eyes open again and you collapse to the ground as though physically shoved, your arms twisting behind your back. You begin to remember things against your volition. The briefing, the ride here, the events up to now.

((Sorry, busy day and almost no time to post.))

Milno turns his head to Maurice before starting to leave the house.
"You could try checking them for the one piece bodysuit. It is a reasonable request for most people."

He taps the corner of his helmet, giving a brisk, sarcastic salute to Kyle.
"I'm leaving to check the roof, I'm sure you are fully able to deal with the situation."

Milno turns on his rocket pods' auto-reaction system if it already isn't, leaves the house and fires his rocket pods to get to the roof, landing on the hardest part, such as supporting structures. If the crazy dog happens to be up again and attacking, destroy it with Nik's gauss rifle if there is no one around to risk friendly fire. If friendly fire is possible, Milno uses the monoatomic razor instead.

"It is such an honor to have you talking to us once again, crazy survivalist."
You're about to leave when you see the guy who is examining the dog suddenly jam a knife through its head. Odd. Then the dog gets up. Odder still.

Not one to be outdone in the "Stabbing zombie pets" department, you calmly pull out your monoatomic razor and take a swing at the dog.

[dex:6+1]
[Uncon:2]
Your blow is blindingly fast but not terribly accurate,shaving a small hunk of fur and plastic off to reveal the metal beneath.

Jim searched all three rooms in no particular order, but starting with the one to the right.
The first room is a bedroom, with a single bed. There's not much in here, just a bed, closet, small tv on a dresser and an end table.

"Alright Milno, I'll take things from here, you be our eye in the sky.

Steve, are changes made by the killer's mind control amp permanent or temporary? Also, what effect would my taser glove have on a cyborg? Regardless, please add this to the broadcast:

'Residents, an addition to the previous announcement, the killer does have what amounts to a mind control device, so you may wish to lock any dangerous or robotically enhanced pets away somewhere safe. If you've found the killer or are being attacked by him/someone he's controlled, please scream. Preferably really loudly.'

Anyway Travis, I'm going to take a shot at melting the dog, but backup might be a good idea, I'm not the most experienced with this thing.

Head outside, use my microwave manipulator to melt the controlled cyborg-dog from a distance.
[uncon:1]
You type "KILL ME SUM DOGGIE" into your manipulator and then hit enter. The machine buzzes, hums and then produces a cheery *DING!* followed by a pop. And then the air catches on fire. A sphere of heat, starting just above your wrist, explodes outward, charring and setting the grass, the building,and the dog on fire, as well as knocking Milno and Maurice flat on their collective asses.

Oops.

(there we go, our first fire. Oh, and that 100 gallon drum of boozes sitting right near the door. And it's starting to get hot. )

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: July 04, 2012, 08:47:05 pm »

"You guys finish this house, I'm on to the next."
Head to the next house (30 or 29) and kick the door in.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: July 04, 2012, 08:48:33 pm »

(there we go, our first fire. Oh, and that 100 gallon drum of boozes sitting right near the door. And it's starting to get hot. )

((FUN!!!))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 1256