Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940120 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: #1 producer of mentally scarred orphans
« Reply #4725 on: July 04, 2012, 01:18:27 pm »

Of course. Actually, I feel we may put those three to good use in the course of this mission.
In the meantime, Kyle, could you check the condition of the guy at the door and take off his shirt? I don't like this mechanical dog of his.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: July 04, 2012, 01:22:12 pm »

"Are you all right, Ivan?" Jim asked. Once he ascertained Ivan's status, he planned on taking another look around for junk he could take back to the Paracelsus' Sword, and maybe a medieval weapon for Feyri.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: July 04, 2012, 01:22:21 pm »

Mesk rushes over to Ivan's side, slightly stunned.  "Oh, shit!  Jim, you, you just killed a guy!  I can't believe you just, you did that!"
Tend to Ivan's injuries.  Preferably using a med roll, not a strength one.
"I don't know what I can do for you, man.  This looks pretty ugly, and, and bad, and life-threatening.  Oh!  The shotgun wounds.  I can fix those, sure.  But you might want to get that arm looked at, because ewww."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: July 04, 2012, 01:28:50 pm »

"He was threatening a teammate and it was in my capacity to save said teammate. Besides, the three of you trusted me to be your leader, so it's my job to look out for you," Jim said to Mesk. His emoticon went :D. "And at least we don't have to worry about him shooting us in the back. The man, anyway. Ivan we all know about already."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: July 04, 2012, 01:31:20 pm »

"I... I guess.  I'm still not used to the whole death thing.  At least not when it's not caused by malpractice."
Mesk gets up from Ivan's side for a moment and pokes the corpse experimentally.
"Maybe we could skin him and use it as a disguise."

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4730 on: July 04, 2012, 01:34:17 pm »

Of course. Actually, I feel we may put those three to good use in the course of this mission.
In the meantime, Kyle, could you check the condition of the guy at the door and take off his shirt? I don't like this mechanical dog of his.

"I already did, he's got a broken arm, a broken nose, and likely a concussion, but he's stable. As for spy-checking him, I'm going to make call the rest of these houses and warn them of the situation, so you'll need to delegate that task to someone else."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: July 04, 2012, 01:48:01 pm »

((@GM: What are the houses' roofs made of and how heavier is Milno with his suit? Roofs are usually resilient, and I want to know if he can stand on them.))

Milno enters House#1 and stands against a wall of the first room.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: July 04, 2012, 01:52:58 pm »

((@GM: What are the houses' roofs made of and how heavier is Milno with his suit? Roofs are usually resilient, and I want to know if he can stand on them.))
(I don't know how much precise control you get, but you might be able to fire your boosters juuust enough to make yourself lighter.)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: July 04, 2012, 02:05:50 pm »

"Not really, but I'll be fine. I'm mutating, remember?"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: July 04, 2012, 02:13:27 pm »

So, he doesn't need immediate medical attention? Good to know, and thank you.
I will probably check him myself in a moment, then. Good luck with warning people, you are probably saving their lives - and I mean it.

Commander, should I perform probing on male suspects (spychecking whom didn't reveal anything unsual) right away, or wait until we check all of the residents of this community by the less scarring methods?

((@piecewise Is it possible to squeeze just a little medi-foam to close a small wound, or would it consume the whole can nevertheless? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: July 04, 2012, 02:22:25 pm »

(I don't know how much precise control you get, but you might be able to fire your boosters juuust enough to make yourself lighter.)
((I thought so, but I think that level of control requires an auxiliary roll.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4736 on: July 04, 2012, 04:30:43 pm »

Go to the house where Thrak is and look for anything that can be used as a weapon.

After getting a weapon, go back to where Milno is and try to find a way to unmask the assassin again. Ask the mothership:

Hum...Anyone in the mothership, can you tell me why we don't have any suit with the same ability to camouflage? We don't have any of the disguise equipment that this guy has. The creators of this equipment also must have created a way to block the camouflage abilities or find out where their agent is. Can't you tell us? If we retrieve his equipments, is there a possibility we can keep them?
You wander back into the first home and look around for a weapon. The closest thing you can find on the ground floor is breaking off one of the metal legs of the pingpong table.
[str:5]
You pry the table leg off and give your new club a few swings before heading back out where milno is lazing around.

>Why you don't have an extremely expensive piece of equipment? I'm gonna go with the fact that you're a bunch of idiots and disposable convicts. You could still get one, you'd just have to ask the armory master for it.  As per a safety measure, of course there was one. Normally they can be shutdown via a remote signal, a signal we've sent several times. We can only assume he modified his suit in such a way as to not accept the signal before he went AWOL.

As per keeping his stuff...it would have to be unmodified but after that, sure.

"Hm, this guy's not going to be in a good state when he wakes up, but he'll live.

Steve, can you send a mass broadcast to every house in the city?"

If possible, send the following broadcast to the telephones, on repeat. If a mass broadcast isn't possible, start calling phones one by one with the below message.

This is the HMRC, we've gotten reports of a serial killer running around, and he's got technology that lets him disguise as practically anyone. We've got a couple of squads here searching for him, and I'll warn you ahead of time that there may be some commotion when we finally find the criminal. As for how this affects you, lock your house down completely, and don't let anyone in or relax your guard unless a full squad instructs you to, or the situation has been resolved; your life could very well depend on it. Additionally, check everyone in the house with you, either by asking them a question only they could know the answer to, or taking their shirt off; the killer's wearing a one piece bodysuit. Finally, in the event that a band of lunatic psychopaths break down your door and try to rob you, I'd suggest not resisting, as they're looking for an excuse to start killing people. Still, once you've locked down the house, you may wish to hide anything valuable. Good luck."

>Broadcasting.

The phone in the house begins to ring.

"Fucking hell."
Stumble to my feet, take his shotgun.
You drag yourself up onto one knee and swipe the shotgun off the ground bitterly, coughing bits of your lung up and gasping. You can already feel your flesh starting to mend and mutate, whispy tentacles and protuberances peeking out through the holes in your suit as the mutated flesh spreads and replaces the damaged tissue.

Oh. A car. Well, if it's the serial killer he'll get roasted on the laser fence. No reason to stop it in that case. If they are civilians, I can't stop a car. They're more than likely to run me over.

Travis hangs up

"Steve, broadcast to my team mates about the mysterious object in the intersection, and, if possible, broadcast an image of it in the corner of their vision for 10 seconds"

Travis pulls out his gun and aims it at the mysterious object. He observes it.

He also turns on his light amplification

You flip on your light amplification and aim at the thing out in the intersection. It's too small to be a car...and it's running on four legs. It looks like a large dog. It walks into the center of the intersection and sits down, looking around slowly. It's eyes catch the light as it looks toward you, its eyes reflecting the light and glowing eerily.

Looks like it wasn't a dog, but some sort of a robot.
Steve, are mechanical pets common on this planet? And, by the way, is their (or similar) kind available to us through the armory?

Cast a quick glance over the mechadog remains to see the extent of the damage, then proceed to the kitchen and beyond in search of to acquire the medical supplies, mentioned by Thrak.
Have you found anything worth our attention or plainly interesting to see, Thrak?

>Robotic dogs? No, that can't be a robot, it must be a cyborg. Some pet owners do that when their pets get old or injured. As per getting one yourselves...I guess you could, though sourcing it might be a bit difficult.

You're in the midst of listening to steve's reply when you hear something, a chime like a computer booting up.

"Bro, looks like there are a couple people here that aren't hope- three medicine cabinets in this room.  Let's keep our eyes open."

Keep searching the rest of the house.
You leave the bathroom and walk back into the kitchen before walking out to the front room. Hmm. There's a door to the right so you take it into a hall beyond. There are two doors in this hall, both on the left, so you take the first one. It's a bedroom with a kingsize bed and a television, as well as some dressers, a closest and a chest.

"Are you all right, Ivan?" Jim asked. Once he ascertained Ivan's status, he planned on taking another look around for junk he could take back to the Paracelsus' Sword, and maybe a medieval weapon for Feyri.
Ivan is bleeding but he's standing and talking so you guess he's alright. Though the weird tentacles and shit coming out of his chest don't look healthy. Hmm there are three doors up here, one to the right and two to the left. Which one to go in?

Mesk rushes over to Ivan's side, slightly stunned.  "Oh, shit!  Jim, you, you just killed a guy!  I can't believe you just, you did that!"
Tend to Ivan's injuries.  Preferably using a med roll, not a strength one.
"I don't know what I can do for you, man.  This looks pretty ugly, and, and bad, and life-threatening.  Oh!  The shotgun wounds.  I can fix those, sure.  But you might want to get that arm looked at, because ewww."
(says the man who kicked a woman to death not minutes ago.)

[med 6+1]
"FIVE FINGER MEDICINE PUNCH!" you scream while punching Ivan flat in the chest.
[str:1]
Ivan seems rather nonplussed.

Milno enters House#1 and stands against a wall of the first room.
(You'd have to land on them to see, but you're not that much heavier in the suit. You're not light, but you're not like a car or something.

You walk into the room and loiter against the wall.

And light the roof on fire.

So, he doesn't need immediate medical attention? Good to know, and thank you.
I will probably check him myself in a moment, then. Good luck with warning people, you are probably saving their lives - and I mean it.

Commander, should I perform probing on male suspects (spychecking whom didn't reveal anything unsual) right away, or wait until we check all of the residents of this community by the less scarring methods?

((@piecewise Is it possible to squeeze just a little medi-foam to close a small wound, or would it consume the whole can nevertheless? ))
You could squeeze a bit in, yeah.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: July 04, 2012, 04:33:33 pm »

((Nice "Healing" abilities))
"Erm, what the fuck was that?"
Check the shotgun, then search the dead dude's body for more shells.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: July 04, 2012, 04:42:12 pm »

(I love how my failures as a doctor are actually because I'm constantly overshooting, not failing.  Also the alien tendrils knitting flesh together thing is straight out of my nightmares, thanks for that.)

"Dear god, that is disturbing.  I could amputate, if you want."
Search the area as I'm saying this.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: July 04, 2012, 04:50:51 pm »

((Can't resist.))

Loot the chest, then continue to search.

Thrak calls out to Maurice.  "Phone's ringing, bro!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 1256