Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941218 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: #1 producer of mentally scarred orphans
« Reply #4710 on: July 04, 2012, 12:52:02 am »

(( Uh, sorry for being late! ))
Check if the dog is alive or not, then help Thrak search the house while looking for a first aid kit or something like that. Fetch a pen or pencil and a few sheets of paper.

Can't say for sure, but I think he can. It would be sort of lame to call a cloak 'Shadow' and then don't give it ability to blend in shadows, much less furniture. Though I hope that it cannot stand up to such a close-range examination.
Also, try using different vision filters. You look like you may have all sorts of cameras and sensors installed. He might be unable to hide from some of them, even if he manages to hide from ordinary human sight perfectly.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:17:50 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4711 on: July 04, 2012, 12:59:48 am »

((OOC: Travis has a strong aversion to killing innocents, ever since his drunken accident. Combined with his team mates rejecting him, he's willing to make his team mates' lives more difficult if it helps complete the mission, in his mind. At least, that's what I'm trying to RP))
((To be fair, I don't think he's making his team mates' lives more difficult.

And if that is what you wanted to RP...well. Travis ended up sounding like a stuck-up Crazy Survivalist who will do anything to get out of the mission alive. And he actually was the one rejecting them by saying he was going to stay far from them. So yeah, he actually did not look like he was worried about anyone but himself.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4712 on: July 04, 2012, 01:09:17 am »

((Yah...I've been a little inconsistent.

Originally he wanted to stay away from his team mates because he didn't trust them, and then when he offered (what he thought) was a good plan, everyone just struck it down.

He's a very logical person used to being in charge, and has little in the way of normal social skills.

As show of this his light smile was meant to be warm, but ended up making Jim angrier.

I'm not saying you guys shouldn't have rejected him. I'm just going through my reasoning. I tend to not RP so I'm still working on it

Also, warning families that's there's a group of idiots robbing houses will probably make your lives more difficult, imo.))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4713 on: July 04, 2012, 01:11:50 am »

((You RP whatever you want, that's not for any of us to decide! :)
And personally I think staying the hell away from those guys is a good idea, lest they drug you unconscious and then kick you to death in a brutal game of HMRC-rules football... Or something like that, anyway.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4714 on: July 04, 2012, 07:51:54 am »

Go to the house where Thrak is and look for anything that can be used as a weapon.
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4715 on: July 04, 2012, 08:11:07 am »

((You RP whatever you want.))
((@Orb: This up here. You can, and should, RP whatever you want. The character is yours, and frankly you're not losing much by staying away from the rest of the crazy people, especially since Travis would be with Jim's team...talking of which, Steve is not used to giving status updates just for the sake of giving them. I guess Travis will have to keep asking the computer about what is going on out of his line of sight. And finally, I did read that plan but ditched it because the squadmates would have to take position in front of the houses first and then enter them alone, giving too much of an opportunity to be picked off one by one, since resisting the amplifier depends on a roll, and if you roll badly that probably means instant control.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4716 on: July 04, 2012, 09:39:39 am »

Finally finished reading the thread. Amazing RTD so far. Hats off to both the players and piecewise.
. . . I may have gotten a little choked up when May and Thomas confessed as the star collapsed. . . maybe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4717 on: July 04, 2012, 12:03:16 pm »

((You RP whatever you want.))
-snip-

((Yah, I know. However, as I'm sure we all know, making a believable character is difficult, so feedback is always nice

Also, I assume at the very least, Travis could figure out what is going on based on radio chatter.

"Edit" Well, maybe not. You guys tend to not broadcast to everyone. Eh. We'll see what piecewise's verdict is on how fluid the transfer of information is))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 12:06:30 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4718 on: July 04, 2012, 12:19:33 pm »

"Thanks, dude!"

Search the rest of the house, while pondering other ways to identify the assassin.

You head out of the game room and through the kitchen to the door on the right. The room beyond is a rather large bathroom with some sort of fancy looking shower, double sinks and not one, not two, but three medicine cabinets. You don't see anyone around though.

Flip over, grab his feet.
"Bad idea, fucker."
Commence laser->face.
[Dex:1]
You groan and roll over onto your back as the man walks toward you. You manage a halfhearted swing at his ankles before he promptly puts another round of buckshot into your faceplate. The shot puts a nice dent in the faceplate, bowing it in slightly, and reducing your vision to a glitchy, static laden mess, but otherwise doesn't hurt you.

Jim runs upstairs and, after ascertaining the situation, crushes the man's head by whatever means necessary if Ivan fails to kill him.
You thunder up the stairs and whip yourself around the corner. The scene of a man standing over Ivan's prone body with a shotgun aimed square at his face is fairly self explanatory and you proceed in the way that seems most reasonable. Namely extreme violence.

[dex:3+1]
[str:4+1]
You leap forward as the man squeezes off a panicked shot, peppering your mechanical chest with pellets but not slowing you a bit. You grab the man by the chest, practically wrapping your massive fingers all the way around him while crushing his ribcage. You then proceed to slam the man into the ceiling, walls and floor with a series of sickening crunching noises, filling the air with a mist of blood and drywall. You finish it with a heel turn, tearing a massive gash in the wall as you drag the remains of the man through before hurling him back down the hall, over mesk's head and into the wall beyond.

"Did you hear that?"
Upstairs ho!  Razor in my right hand, torch in my left, and Jim in front of me!

Scream "We mean you no harm!" on the way.
You wait for Jim to head up before you and get up just in time to watch the cyborg paint the walls red and hammer throw a corpse over your head.

((I'm just going to assume Steve is keeping me up to date on everything the other two teams are doing))

Hm. Well at least he'll be safer now. Not that a locked door is going to stop those hulking idiots.

If I call more houses, I risk losing our advantage of surprise. On the other hand...it might already be gone, with the shotgun blast, smashing doors, a- actually, that shotgun blast probably woke the whole neighborhood. Shotguns aren't know for their subtlety. Eh. Screw it. I see the trend for future houses. Might as well potentially get information and perhaps save a few people.

Travis calls houses 10, 11, 12, and 13 with the same speech, hoping to glean a little more information. He adds at the end, "Also, please do check your family members by having them take off their shirt. I know it's rather silly, but it could be anyone, and your actions could save your family"

((OOC: Travis has a strong aversion to killing innocents, ever since his drunken accident. Combined with his team mates rejecting him, he's willing to make his team mates' lives more difficult if it helps complete the mission, in his mind. At least, that's what I'm trying to RP))
You're waiting for the first house to pickup when you notice something moving near the center intersection of the community. Something large and dark, moving low to the ground.

(( Uh, sorry for being late! ))
Check if the dog is alive or not, then help Thrak search the house while looking for a first aid kit or something like that. Fetch a pen or pencil and a few sheets of paper.

Can't say for sure, but I think he can. It would be sort of lame to call a cloak 'Shadow' and then don't give it ability to blend in shadows, much less furniture. Though I hope that it cannot stand up to such a close-range examination.
Also, try using different vision filters. You look like you may have all sorts of cameras and sensors installed. He might be unable to hide from some of them, even if he manages to hide from ordinary human sight perfectly.

You bend down and poke at the dog. Wait a second...Well, you're no vet, but you're fairly certain this  isn't right...There's no pulse but the bones here, well, they're not bones. They're all hard and angular, 90 degree things and...is that a rivet?

Finally finished reading the thread. Amazing RTD so far. Hats off to both the players and piecewise.
. . . I may have gotten a little choked up when May and Thomas confessed as the star collapsed. . . maybe.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Got it. Welcome aboard.

Grunhill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4719 on: July 04, 2012, 12:26:45 pm »

Go to the house where Thrak is and look for anything that can be used as a weapon.

After getting a weapon, go back to where Milno is and try to find a way to unmask the assassin again. Ask the mothership:

Hum...Anyone in the mothership, can you tell me why we don't have any suit with the same ability to camouflage? We don't have any of the disguise equipment that this guy has. The creators of this equipment also must have created a way to block the camouflage abilities or find out where their agent is. Can't you tell us? If we retrieve his equipments, is there a possibility we can keep them?
>Probably. They're bad news. Very good at hiding and very good at killing. Then again, no one is better at killing then the HMRC.

"Steve, they're trying to talk to us. We need an orbital bombardment NOW!"

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4720 on: July 04, 2012, 12:29:18 pm »

"Hm, this guy's not going to be in a good state when he wakes up, but he'll live.

Steve, can you send a mass broadcast to every house in the city?"

If possible, send the following broadcast to the telephones, on repeat. If a mass broadcast isn't possible, start calling phones one by one with the below message.

This is the HMRC, we've gotten reports of a serial killer running around, and he's got technology that lets him disguise as practically anyone. We've got a couple of squads here searching for him, and I'll warn you ahead of time that there may be some commotion when we finally find the criminal. As for how this affects you, lock your house down completely, and don't let anyone in or relax your guard unless a full squad instructs you to, or the situation has been resolved; your life could very well depend on it. Additionally, check everyone in the house with you, either by asking them a question only they could know the answer to, or taking their shirt off; the killer's wearing a one piece bodysuit. Finally, in the event that a band of lunatic psychopaths break down your door and try to rob you, I'd suggest not resisting, as they're looking for an excuse to start killing people. Still, once you've locked down the house, you may wish to hide anything valuable. Good luck."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 12:34:38 pm by Nicholas1024 »

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4721 on: July 04, 2012, 12:35:09 pm »

"Fucking hell."
Stumble to my feet, take his shotgun.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4722 on: July 04, 2012, 12:45:39 pm »

Oh. A car. Well, if it's the serial killer he'll get roasted on the laser fence. No reason to stop it in that case. If they are civilians, I can't stop a car. They're more than likely to run me over.

Travis hangs up

"Steve, broadcast to my team mates about the mysterious object in the intersection, and, if possible, broadcast an image of it in the corner of their vision for 10 seconds"

Travis pulls out his gun and aims it at the mysterious object. He observes it.

He also turns on his light amplification

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4723 on: July 04, 2012, 12:56:50 pm »

Looks like it wasn't a dog, but some sort of a robot.
Steve, are mechanical pets common on this planet? And, by the way, is their (or similar) kind available to us through the armory?

Cast a quick glance over the mechadog remains to see the extent of the damage, then proceed to the kitchen and beyond in search of to acquire the medical supplies, mentioned by Thrak.
Have you found anything worth our attention or plainly interesting to see, Thrak?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 01:06:23 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4724 on: July 04, 2012, 01:03:50 pm »

"Bro, looks like there are a couple people here that aren't hope- three medicine cabinets in this room.  Let's keep our eyes open."

Keep searching the rest of the house.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 313 314 [315] 316 317 ... 1256