Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944639 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Serial killer Spring Break
« Reply #4605 on: July 02, 2012, 11:35:48 pm »

Empyrean looks around with a dull expression.

"Well. Here we are."

Set wrist-thingy to transmit a unique code.
You set your wristpad to transmit a unique code.

Set wrist-thingy to transmit a unique code.
You set your wristpad to transmit a unique code.

"Well, it's time. One last note to everyone, if you feel yourself losing control, send a message to Steve to get him to knock you out... or shut you down, as the case may be.", Kyle added with an aside glance towards the cyborgs. Turning towards Milno, Kyle spoke, So veteran, has your experience recommended a foolproof plan, or are we just going to begin breaking and entering?

Follow Milno.
You get in line behind milno, ready to go.

Ivan readies his rifle. "I don't know about you, but I'm gonna get started." He follows Jim, breaking off and kicking the door of house 31.

((Where are we on the map?))
Basically right on the edge of the north most part of the map, on the black road.Well, you were.

You immediately break off from the group and wander off to the right, cutting through the tall grass and wandering your way to the house marked 31 on the map.

The 31st house is a two story affair with a small connected garage. You can see light through the drawn curtains on the first floor, but none on the second. You stomp your way up the driveway and proceed to put your boot directly into the hardwood front door.

[str:1+1] Ow... You grumble a bit as you wait for the pain in your foot to fade. Well, they definitely heard you knock.

(@Caellath: That's fine with me, and it's good that you did because my power went off for two hours. >.<)

Jim turned to his team. "Empyrean, you're right behind me. Rest of you behind her. We're going to start at house 32." He observed them for a moment. "I don't suppose any of you are good at sneaking in, so our plan is to bust through the door. Make it look like a robbery. Take whatever you want, threaten the occupants. If we're lucky our target will opt to defend himself rather than lie back and take it. Let's go."

Jim punches open the front door of House 32 and looks for: A) valuable shit to steal and B) the occupants, so he can threaten them.
You follow Ivan through the tall grass and select the home next to the one he's chosen. 32 is a lovely little white one story with what look like custom made shutters and a penchant for very expensive looking molding.

You walk up to the front door, lightly rap "Shave and a haircut" before punctuating the last note with a super powered fist to the dead center of the door. [str:3+1] Your fist cracks the door in half and tears it off it's hinges, sending it crumpling into the home. The crushed door leads to short hallway, with an opening to the right and the living room directly in front of you. You can hear voices from the room to the right, so you head for it, your massive arms half dragging you as their fingers bite into the walls and drive you forward.

You wrap one hand around the edge of the opening and pull yourself into the frame of the doorless doorway, gripping the other side with your other hand to stop yourself. Beyond the opening is a kitchen and dining room, with the kitchen to your left and the dining room directly in front of you. Three very terrified people-mother, father and daughter- are sitting at the round, wooden dining table, frozen in the middle of their dinner.

Your emoticon turns to a red ">: D"  and you unconsciously crush the wall beneath your fingers.

"Evening, folks."

Well. I guess I better get moving. If the assassin only thinks there's nine of us, I'll be better off.

"Team. I'm heading off. If you want to know where I am, ask Steve"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Travis takes the above route. He tries to stick to the shadows, and limits himself from being seen, even if it does limit his view range. He'll remain behind building 3 about 5 minutes, scouting out and seeing if anyone is wandering the general area.

He also takes a moment to look at the architecture of the buildings(as in, back entrances, how close together they are, windows, ect).

You take off from the group and slip into the tall grass behind the homes, staying low till you reach the back wall of home 3. This home has no back door that you can see; in fact it has nothing in the back. How odd.

You look out across the homes you can see. It's quite dark, but you can see a bit via the light of the open windows. The nearby homes vary in size, but most are single story, rather simple things. Some have backdoors and fenced backyards, others have none of this. The nearby homes are fairly close together, with nothing more then a thin alley between each.

As per people wandering around, besides your own teammates, you don't see anyone.

"So let me get this straight. The "plan" is to break in and rob every house in the village? Am I the only one that thinks a slightly less destructive approach might be in order? Particularly considering that the uproar such a thing would cause will likely give our killer plenty of warning.

By the way Steve, would any of the people here have actual weaponry available? The kind that they might use to injure hopeless morons robbing crap?"

>As I've said before, we don't know, but it's possible.

I believe I have something better than a needle - this instrument. Just as sharp, but may reveal a bigger section of the insides - just in case the 'mechanical things' are small and sparse. Maurice showed the instrument he got from the armory master.
Unshealth and wield the instrument. Follow Milno. Stay sharp.
You whip out your "instrument" and slide into place behind milno.

((I don't think your character will be good teammates with Milno unless he realizes the situation of every convict in the HMRC (and Jim is probably on the only spot), but Milno does not have "enemies" unless they try to actively attack him :P))

"I'll give you a quick rundown: we are all disposable, you are not special, and since you have just appeared you should be trying to understand your situation instead of searching for trouble." he waves a hand dismissively before preparing a gauss rifle in one hand and the laser rifle on the other "But whatever, I don't give a shit. As for that strategy, we can go with it, since I don't care much about the means we catch him as long as we find and get him. You can go in front of me when we get to a house and take care of diplomacy."

Milno moves to house #1 with his group in tow, changes the laser rifle to "shotgun" mode and drags Kyle to the door.
You flick your rifle to shotgun mode and grab kyle by the collar. You drag him to the first door with the rest of the team in tow.

Home 1 is bigger then any of the others around it, almost twice as big, though still only single story. It seems like almost all the lights in the house are on and every window is open, casting long streams of light out onto the road beyond. You walk up the path to the door and shove Kyle up to it.

"Hell yeah!  Lootin' time!"
Set my computer to broadcast a unique code.  Follow Jim and Empyrean.  lewtin tiem!
You set your wristpad to broadcast a unique signal before following Jim. You follow him to the 32nd home and through the door he smashes down and up behind him as he menaces he family.

((Kyle realizes his situation, it's just that he actually has a sense of morality, and actively disapproves of a lot of the behavior the other inmates display.))

"Believe me, I have no delusions about my chances of surviving this extended death sentence, I'm mainly concerned about reducing the collateral damage here. But yeah, I'll take the lead. Also, if anyone starts an uproar, the chances of diplomacy will be minimal, so I'd appreciate it if Jim and co would hold off on their breaking and entering strategy until after we've tried mine."

Head to house 1, knock, run the story about a rogue altered by them.
(You actually left it open to a roll by not stating exactly what you want to say? with a -1 speech? Oh you mad bastard you)

You knock on the door and wait till someone answers. A man opens the door maybe a foot and then freezes as he gets one look at you. Admittedly, opening your door to a spaceman is not exactly an everyday occurrence.

[speech:4-1]
"Hey, uh, hi. There's a bit of a problem, well there might be. Just don't panic ok? Everything is gonna be fine. Just stop panicking ok? I can see you, man, you're still panicking! Anyways, yeah, there's an Altered guy running around here, right? So we're gonna be looking for him ok? We may have to rai-SEARCH, may have to search your homes. Oh and, uh, if you see any fires or....dance parties...yeah thats normal. Ahem."

He doesn't look very convinced of anything other then the fact that you're crazy.

"I can do robbery," says Empyrean, before heading off to door 32.

Knock at door and say, "Hi, we're here to rob you." Stand by the door, not in front.
You follow Jim into the room and peak over his shoulder as he stares down the family. You give them a happy little wave and say "Hi, We're here to rob you!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: July 02, 2012, 11:43:04 pm »

Thrak leans over to Milno.

"Told you we should have gone with the party."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: July 02, 2012, 11:45:57 pm »

Jim raised his cleaver menacingly, counting on his less-than-human nature to carry him through here. "Now, the three of you stay cool and calm while my partners here collect your valuables. In fact, let's make this a friendly little chat. Why don't you tell old Jim all about yourselves, and he won't be forced to show you how hard he can swing this sharp piece of metal at your daughter." He didn't plan on actually hurting the child - that would just be wrong - but he had to cow these people, and quick. He wasn't sure if he'd catch one of them out as the assassin or not... hopefully, if he was there, Empyrean or Mesk would find the body of the person he was impersonating while they were searching around.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4608 on: July 02, 2012, 11:53:32 pm »

Frisk everyone. Search cabin.

Radio only: "How in the multiverse am I supposed to tell who's the assassin or not?"

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: July 03, 2012, 12:00:45 am »

"Steve, I'm at a bit of a loss. How are we supposed to deal with a guy who can blend in perfectly and can't be demasked unless we stab him. Ideas? We have his profile, right? Is there something that bothers him a lot, in which he would be unable to mask his anger/fear?"

Travis maneuvers around to the side of building 3, keeping to the tall grass. He observes the scene unfolding at house 1.

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: July 03, 2012, 12:03:10 am »

Milno crosses his arms like it isn't his business.
"Steve, do we have anything to help us unmask the guy easily? This won't do, and Smartass is also pretty much as intelligent as he seems."

Communicate with Steve, watch the scene unfolding.

((Ninja'ed.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: July 03, 2012, 12:06:13 am »

Shove my shoulder through the door. If that fails, use the knob.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: July 03, 2012, 12:30:46 am »

"Still sane, not being mindfucked over here..."
Search the house while Jim has the family distracted.  Be ready with my razor in my right hand and torch in my left.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: July 03, 2012, 12:31:59 am »

"I'm about to break the door down in house 31"

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: July 03, 2012, 12:32:36 am »

((That'll teach me to leave things unspecific.))

Kyle sighed, public speaking was never really his thing.

"I can see this isn't really getting through, let me start that over. To be brief, there's an altered on the loose with some advanced technology, and we believe he has a human accomplice somewhere in this area. We've got a couple of squads here searching for him, and I'll warn you ahead of time that there may be some commotion when we finally find the criminal. As for how this affects you, we need to conduct a brief search of the house. Once we've finished, lock the house down completely, and don't let anyone in or relax your guard unless a full squad instructs you to, or the situation has been resolved; your life could very well depend on it. Finally, is there anyone here with you?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: July 03, 2012, 12:33:19 am »

Over the coms only (so the family couldn't hear it) Jim responded. "Be careful, Ivan. Once we're done here we'll sweep that way."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: July 03, 2012, 12:40:23 am »

"I'll be fine. Worry about the killer, if I find him."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4617 on: July 03, 2012, 12:42:34 am »

Jim raised his cleaver menacingly, counting on his less-than-human nature to carry him through here. "Now, the three of you stay cool and calm while my partners here collect your valuables. In fact, let's make this a friendly little chat. Why don't you tell old Jim all about yourselves, and he won't be forced to show you how hard he can swing this sharp piece of metal at your daughter." He didn't plan on actually hurting the child - that would just be wrong - but he had to cow these people, and quick. He wasn't sure if he'd catch one of them out as the assassin or not... hopefully, if he was there, Empyrean or Mesk would find the body of the person he was impersonating while they were searching around.
You step into the room, shifting the clever in your hand as you talk.

"Just take what you want and go." The man says, clearly trying his damnedest to seem tough despite the situation and E patting him down. The Woman and girl say nothing, but cower away from you and E.

Frisk everyone. Search cabin.

Radio only: "How in the multiverse am I supposed to tell who's the assassin or not?"
You give all three people a good pat down but find nothing out of the ordinary, just keys and wallets and the like. That done you walk past jim and into the hallway again, following it down to the living room. Couch, tv, stereo system, book cases, nothing special. You head up stairs and find the bedrooms and bathroom. You rummage around a bit, knocking all their carefully ordered possessions to the floor.  Nothing special, again.

"Steve, I'm at a bit of a loss. How are we supposed to deal with a guy who can blend in perfectly and can't be demasked unless we stab him. Ideas? We have his profile, right? Is there something that bothers him a lot, in which he would be unable to mask his anger/fear?"

Travis maneuvers around to the side of building 3, keeping to the tall grass. He observes the scene unfolding at house 1.

>Executors should be trained not to get those kind of emotions, but he's clearly fallen off the wagon. He's enjoying this killing; you take that away from him and he may expose himself. Or not. It's hard to tell.

You watch the scene unfolding outside home 1. Wow, someone needs speech lessons.

Milno crosses his arms like it isn't his business.
"Steve, do we have anything to help us unmask the guy easily? This won't do, and Smartass is also pretty much as intelligent as he seems."

Communicate with Steve, watch the scene unfolding.

((Ninja'ed.))
>Executors are trained and equipped to blend in, even under close examination. I suppose you could try and strip them. He can change his face but not his body, and it would be pretty clear who it was if their shirt turned out to be a one piece.

Shove my shoulder through the door. If that fails, use the knob.

[str:2] You slam your shoulder into the door. Ow.  You sigh and try the handle. Locked. Of course.

"Still sane, not being mindfucked over here..."
Search the house while Jim has the family distracted.  Be ready with my razor in my right hand and torch in my left.
You follow E around and find diddly squat as well.

((That'll teach me to leave things unspecific.))

Kyle sighed, public speaking was never really his thing.

"I can see this isn't really getting through, let me start that over. To be brief, there's an altered on the loose with some advanced technology, and we believe he has a human accomplice somewhere in this area. We've got a couple of squads here searching for him, and I'll warn you ahead of time that there may be some commotion when we finally find the criminal. As for how this affects you, we need to conduct a brief search of the house. Once we've finished, lock the house down completely, and don't let anyone in or relax your guard unless a full squad instructs you to, or the situation has been resolved; your life could very well depend on it. Finally, is there anyone here with you?"
"You have any proof of that?" the man says, already starting to close the door.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: July 03, 2012, 12:44:09 am »

Yell: "Open up, this is the police!"
If the door doesn't open, look for a window or something, then try and break the door again.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: July 03, 2012, 12:46:29 am »

"Jim, I haven't found anything in the house.  Let me look over these guys, I might be better able to determine if they're real or not."
Medical examinations on the people.  Determine if anybody's disguised.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 1256