Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944685 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 5: Serial killer Spring Break
« Reply #4575 on: July 02, 2012, 07:21:22 pm »

(@Caellath: That's fine with me, and it's good that you did because my power went off for two hours. >.<)

Jim turned to his team. "Empyrean, you're right behind me. Rest of you behind her. We're going to start at house 32." He observed them for a moment. "I don't suppose any of you are good at sneaking in, so our plan is to bust through the door. Make it look like a robbery. Take whatever you want, threaten the occupants. If we're lucky our target will opt to defend himself rather than lie back and take it. Let's go."

Jim punches open the front door of House 32 and looks for: A) valuable shit to steal and B) the occupants, so he can threaten them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4576 on: July 02, 2012, 07:21:55 pm »

Well. I guess I better get moving. If the assassin only thinks there's nine of us, I'll be better off.

"Team. I'm heading off. If you want to know where I am, ask Steve"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Travis takes the above route. He tries to stick to the shadows, and limits himself from being seen, even if it does limit his view range. He'll remain behind building 3 about 5 minutes, scouting out and seeing if anyone is wandering the general area.

He also takes a moment to look at the architecture of the buildings(as in, back entrances, how close together they are, windows, ect).
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:23:40 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: July 02, 2012, 07:29:39 pm »

"So let me get this straight. The "plan" is to break in and rob every house in the village? Am I the only one that thinks a slightly less destructive approach might be in order? Particularly considering that the uproar such a thing would cause will likely give our killer plenty of warning.

By the way Steve, would any of the people here have actual weaponry available? The kind that they might use to injure hopeless morons robbing crap?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: July 02, 2012, 07:30:21 pm »

Milno turns his head to Kyle, a wide grin etched onto his face.
"I'll warn you lot now: if you really want to prove yourself courageous and affirm your stand in the group by constantly trying to act like a smug idiot to people who survived more missions than you, then don't. There are smarter ways of getting yourself killed."

His gaze runs across the outline of the small community.
"This is going to be a pain in the ass. Jim, take the even numbers, I'll take the odds. If anyone happens to have a needle, we can use it to poke people in the cheek to check if it reaches metal or not. Of course, that is painful and knocking them down with your glove may be needed." he points to Kyle's shock glove  "We could also only look for someone with a monoatomic razor, I doubt civilians carry militar-grade equipment. And finally, we could do something entirely different."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: July 02, 2012, 07:33:58 pm »

"Let's corral everyone in the center of town. Make em sweat."
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: July 02, 2012, 07:34:47 pm »

((Hey, here is our position:))
(You're on the black, vertical road, on the north/top side of the map.)
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: July 02, 2012, 07:35:55 pm »

"I've heard some of the tales told about those missions, and clearly at least a few people have survived through dumb luck. As far as your competence goes, I'm reserving judgement until I see you in action.", Kyle shot back.

"Anyway, as it so happens, I do have a plan. We do this novel thing called knocking at the door until someone answers. When someone calls, we use a cover story that there's a rogue altered running around. If there's multiple people in the house who can verify each others identities, we tell them to lock up tight and just stay put. If there's only a single person, I'll knock them out with my taser glove here and we'll search them for the razor and amp. If they fight back... well, we've found our killer."

((I have a feeling Milno and Kyle are either going to be good teammates, or bad enemies. XD))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: July 02, 2012, 07:41:29 pm »

I believe I have something better than a needle - this instrument. Just as sharp, but may reveal a bigger section of the insides - just in case the 'mechanical things' are small and sparse. Maurice showed the instrument he got from the armory master.
Unshealth and wield the instrument. Follow Milno. Stay sharp.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:56:42 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: July 02, 2012, 07:50:43 pm »

((I don't think your character will be good teammates with Milno unless he realizes the situation of every convict in the HMRC (and Jim is probably on the only spot), but Milno does not have "enemies" unless they try to actively attack him :P))

"I'll give you a quick rundown: we are all disposable, you are not special, and since you have just appeared you should be trying to understand your situation instead of searching for trouble." he waves a hand dismissively before preparing a gauss rifle in one hand and the laser rifle on the other "But whatever, I don't give a shit. As for that strategy, we can go with it, since I don't care much about the means we catch him as long as we find and get him. You can go in front of me when we get to a house and take care of diplomacy."

Milno moves to house #1 with his group in tow, changes the laser rifle to "shotgun" mode and drags Kyle to the door.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:06:03 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: July 02, 2012, 07:54:28 pm »

"Hell yeah!  Lootin' time!"
Set my computer to broadcast a unique code.  Follow Jim and Empyrean.  lewtin tiem!

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: July 02, 2012, 07:58:10 pm »

((Kyle realizes his situation, it's just that he actually has a sense of morality, and actively disapproves of a lot of the behavior the other inmates display.))

"Believe me, I have no delusions about my chances of surviving this extended death sentence, I'm mainly concerned about reducing the collateral damage here. But yeah, I'll take the lead. Also, if anyone starts an uproar, the chances of diplomacy will be minimal, so I'd appreciate it if Jim and co would hold off on their breaking and entering strategy until after we've tried mine."

Head to house 1, knock, run the story about a rogue altered by them.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: July 02, 2012, 08:03:48 pm »

((Milno is pragmatic in several aspects. His morality is currently grey, so he won't actively screw with innocent people if it happens to counter-productive, but he is the guy that will shoot a puppy if it is needed and no one on the team has the guts to do it. Not that Kyle knows that, though.))

"I'm not interested in how sad you are for being close to death, just do what you have to do."

Milno waits the result of Kyle's diplomacy attempt.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:40:18 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4587 on: July 02, 2012, 08:11:04 pm »

"I can do robbery," says Empyrean, before heading off to door 32.

Knock at door and say, "Hi, we're here to rob you." Stand by the door, not in front.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:04:18 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: July 02, 2012, 08:30:40 pm »

Knock at door and say, "Hi, we're here to rob you."
((They are allowed to carry guns, so all the robbery thing will end up with part of the inmates being shot at.

I actually went with Kyle's idea because I was waiting for someone to suggest something reasonable, since Milno does not give a shit about how they try to do it as long as it is efficient.))
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 08:32:32 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: July 02, 2012, 08:32:36 pm »

As Kyle knocked on the door, a scene reached doctor Sanctor's mind. He imagined a cute little girl in her teens responding to Kyle; the same girl Maurice would moments later permanently scar - for her and all of this settlement's residents to be able to live.
Then he quietly started whistling some lively tune.

(( Eh, since when does the 'shoot the puppy if it is needed' correspond to the grey spectre of morality? I always thought it to be firmly in the white area. Seriously  ??? ... Maybe it has something to do with loathing one's own actions, though. Or me being deluded. :)

Also, oh noes! You've left the exact wording of Kyle's diplomacy attempt to GM's mercy!  ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 1256