Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941418 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Silence means consent
« Reply #4500 on: June 30, 2012, 11:50:23 pm »

varying variables

((That is a tautology. I know I shouldn't bitch but I couldn't help it.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4501 on: July 01, 2012, 09:09:48 am »

"Boy am I glad to see you. GIVE ME PAINKILLERS."

Pills here! Please?
You start yelling for pills but there's no one besides you and milno in the shuttle's cargo compartment.

E hops on.

"Any chance of going up there to retrieve one body and one almost-body?"
You hop onto the shuttle and strap yourself in.

((@GM: Nevermind Empyrean. She is just smug for now because she was lucky. She'll regret it after she loses some limbs.))

Milno calmly crosses his legs on the seat while checking his suit's HUD, his hands still holding both gauss weapons firmly.
"Steve, now that we are on the shuttle, can you tell us anything about this thing?"

"And bite the bullet, rubble man. No one told you to attempt suicide during the mission."

Milno asks the aforementioned and checks the fuel level.
I want to know how much fuel was spent saving "dex:1" E.
You check your fuel. 34%.

>I can tell you that it's a very bad idea to turn off that gravity cradle. Remember when I said we were gonna shoot the safe and destroy it before they took it? Well, shooting it wouldn't destroy the artifact, just the gravity cradle. But the destruction of the gravity cradle would result in the exposure of the artifact, which in turn would result in the destruction of this planet, followed shortly by this solar system. So yeah, don't turn it off.

The shuttle's hatch closes as E steps in and shutters as it takes off. It flies for some 30 seconds before landing again, this time opening the hatch and revealing May, Faith, Lukas and Thomas, all roughly lumped together about 20 feet away. 

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: July 01, 2012, 09:21:47 am »

"Okay. I really don't want to get near that thing now."

Move as far away from the cube as possible, while still staying on the shuttle.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: July 01, 2012, 09:37:56 am »

"It doesn't matter if you are hugging this, you won't be able to escape if it explodes anyway. But don't hug it."
Milno remarks before moving out.

Use the Milno Method of Dragging TeammatesTM to get some people into the shuttle.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: July 01, 2012, 09:51:54 am »

"Shush you. You're ruining my happy thoughts."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: July 01, 2012, 09:56:40 am »

((It seems that this game has multiple similarities with the S.C.P. Project. Except that S.C.P. is the reason I don't sleep anymore, and this game is Hilarity Ensues.))
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 10:07:02 am by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: July 01, 2012, 10:02:17 am »

((Wait, what? 'Goodness me, it's S.P.C!'...?  ???))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: July 01, 2012, 10:06:16 am »

((Wait, what? 'Goodness me, it's S.P.C!'...?  ???))

((Ah, I meant S.C.P. It's like Wikipedia or TV Tropes. Except it's about creepypasta.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: July 01, 2012, 10:34:00 am »

((Fucking SCP-106 man. Goddamn.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: July 01, 2012, 10:37:48 am »

((Fucking SCP-106 man. Goddamn.))

((
During the day: Hah! SCP isn't scary. It's actually pretty cool!
At Night: OHFUCKOHFUCKOHFUCKWHYWHYWHYWHY
))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4510 on: July 01, 2012, 11:19:34 am »

"Okay. I really don't want to get near that thing now."

Move as far away from the cube as possible, while still staying on the shuttle.
You lean back, away from the gravity cradle. Yeah, that will help. Surely.

"It doesn't matter if you are hugging this, you won't be able to escape if it explodes anyway. But don't hug it."
Milno remarks before moving out.

Use the Milno Method of Dragging TeammatesTM to get some people into the shuttle.
You get out of your seat and proceed to drag Thomas's corpse, Lukas', may and Faith onto the shuttle. You Huck thomas into a corner and then forcefully strap in everyone else before banging on the rear wall of the cockpit.

"We're done here, lets go!"

The hatch closes and the shuttle shutters as it takes off, building speed as it screams up through the atmosphere until it's safe in the star speckled void beyond.

Congrats everyone who is still alive, you have completed this mission.  Level up (5 points to stats, 3 to skills) and once thats done you'll land on the mothership.

((It seems that this game has multiple similarities with the S.C.P. Project. Except that S.C.P. is the reason I don't sleep anymore, and this game is Hilarity Ensues.))
Should I mention I used to write SCP's but got bored because I didn't find anything on that wiki to be scary in the least? Oh well.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: July 01, 2012, 11:33:23 am »

Should I mention I used to write SCP's but got bored because I didn't find anything on that wiki to be scary in the least? Oh well.
((That explains a lot actually.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4512 on: July 01, 2012, 11:47:39 am »

((Oh dear?))

2 in inteligence, 2 in endurance, 1 in strength, 3 in handiwork.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: July 01, 2012, 11:53:54 am »

((Yeah, I also read it and didn't find it scary. I don't know if I'm desensitized or anything, but some of the "safe" ones appeared to be more interesting than the dangerous subjects. Which ones did you write?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4514 on: July 01, 2012, 12:29:21 pm »

((Oh dear?))

2 in inteligence, 2 in endurance, 1 in strength, 3 in handiwork.
Got it.

((Yeah, I also read it and didn't find it scary. I don't know if I'm desensitized or anything, but some of the "safe" ones appeared to be more interesting than the dangerous subjects. Which ones did you write?))
Oh, I wrote a few, but I doubt they're still up and I don't remember the numbers I used anyways. I could never quite wrap my head around what the people there found scary or original. For instance, there's that one massively well ranked one, I forget the number, thats pretty much a shameless rip off of the doctor who weeping angels. Not to mention about a million "evil bugs". There were some that were really interesting in concept, but I guess it's just not scary to me so I can't understand it.

Plus we didn't really get along. It seems like that wiki, at least back before it got massive, was very much a "In crowd" sort of thing, where you had to be part of the circle of founders or their friends for them to like anything. I could go into examples but that's a bit too derailing.

Anyways, what are you going to level up?
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 1256