Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941495 times)

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Silence means consent
« Reply #4485 on: June 30, 2012, 08:53:56 pm »

[int:4+1] Eh...you're not even sure he has brain worms anymore. That might have been your brain acting up on you again. It seems to do that roughly 1/6th of the time you use it. Strange.

((This made me laugh out loud. :D))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4486 on: June 30, 2012, 08:57:22 pm »

((That would go under.. some sort of lampshading?))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: June 30, 2012, 08:59:40 pm »

((That would go under.. some sort of lampshading?))
((Yeah, putting it under the RNG as lampshading.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: June 30, 2012, 09:02:06 pm »

((Hey, maybe it's a rebel driven craft. Go and check who the driver is first.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4489 on: June 30, 2012, 09:05:55 pm »

At this point I should probably point out that I don't change the maps or enemies or anything after we start. Sure, reinforcements could come if it makes sense, but I'm never just gonna spawn something in simply because things are going too "easy" for everyone. If the group is smart/stupid/lucky/unlucky enough to wipe out all their foes and get shit wrapped up like this, then bravo for you. I'm not gonna cheapen that by just saying "Oh well...and then some robots came in!" These worlds are as hard and static as the real world.

Also, I don't think a mission in which, out of 10 people, 3 are dead and 5 are badly injured can really be called "easy".  Though I can always make it harder if you want...

E looks around again. Need more practice in Latin, she thinks for a moment, before wondering why she thought that, before wondering what Latin was.

Can it really be that easy? She had heard tales of horrid missions. Not anything like this.
Sure, there were tons of casualties, and a minor explosion, but...
You look around. There's nothing out of the ordinary around...except for you know...the burning sky and stuff.

"Hey! I could use some help over here!"

Crawl towards the trolly and get on.
[end:4] You crawl the rest of the way to the trolly and flop on as milno pushes it into the shuttle.

Milno nonchalantly starts to move the dolly into the shuttle.
"The shuttle has arrived down here."

Move the dolly into the shuttle.
You push the dolly into the shuttle and strap it, and Cog, into place.  You sigh and take a seat yourself. Three missions down. Wait, where the hell is E?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: June 30, 2012, 09:14:04 pm »

((Please don't forget us.))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: June 30, 2012, 09:20:54 pm »

"Boy am I glad to see you. GIVE ME PAINKILLERS."

Pills here! Please?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4492 on: June 30, 2012, 09:25:42 pm »

E hops on.

"Any chance of going up there to retrieve one body and one almost-body?"

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: June 30, 2012, 09:30:28 pm »

((@GM: Nevermind Empyrean. She is just smug for now because she was lucky. She'll regret it after she loses some limbs.))

Milno calmly crosses his legs on the seat while checking his suit's HUD, his hands still holding both gauss weapons firmly.
"Steve, now that we are on the shuttle, can you tell us anything about this thing?"

"And bite the bullet, rubble man. No one told you to attempt suicide during the mission."

Milno asks the aforementioned and checks the fuel level.
I want to know how much fuel was spent saving "dex:1" E.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 12:06:36 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: June 30, 2012, 10:00:50 pm »

This seems wonderfully amusing. I wish to watch. Quietly.
And may or may not (depending on various varying variables) wish to join/thingy later on.
Edited upon presentation of new information.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: June 30, 2012, 10:06:08 pm »

This seems wonderfully amusing. I wish to watch. Quietly.
And may or may not (depending on various varying variables) wish to join/waitlist/thingy later on.
((There is no waitlist, you may join immediately as long as you post your submission and the GM gets a hold of it.))
>Yes?

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: June 30, 2012, 10:23:54 pm »

((Well, it was easy for people who didn't get murdered and/or maimed by the blast. Those people are few and far between though.  :P))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: June 30, 2012, 10:30:48 pm »

((Well, it was easy for people who didn't get murdered and/or maimed by the blast. Those people are few and far between though.  :P))
((Sad but true. :())

"So, has anybody seen Nik, Nick, or E?" Faith asked over the comm. "Pretty sure everyone else is accounted for, though not always in a good way. That laser gauntlet guy is almost certainly dead, for instance."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: June 30, 2012, 10:39:39 pm »

"GWAHHH HALP."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: June 30, 2012, 10:49:02 pm »

"Um, and yes, those of us who are here seem to be at what is hopefully the new evac site. We can move if we need to, but I'd rather not have to drag a limbless May while leading a blind Lukas carrying a corpse Thomas while I've got a broken leg..."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 1256