Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3945244 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Oh shi-
« Reply #4305 on: June 25, 2012, 11:38:17 am »

"Oookay. Hrm. I don't think I could carry enough weight to not get sucked downstream. Hey Milno, did you find anyone else? Well, anyone still living that is."

Search for a relatively flat chunk of rubble.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4306 on: June 25, 2012, 03:05:49 pm »

"Oookay. Hrm. I don't think I could carry enough weight to not get sucked downstream. Hey Milno, did you find anyone else? Well, anyone still living that is."

Search for a relatively flat chunk of rubble.
You look around for some sort of flat piece of rubble to use as a shield, but can't find anything that's flat aside from a 10 foot tall slab of concrete.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: June 25, 2012, 03:07:16 pm »

Milno glances at all the crap Thomas has been carrying before leaving all the drugs with the corpse. He quickly goes over the Team B's chat from the start of the mission up until now. It seems both tinkerers died due to careless use of the Manipulator, just like in the combat simulation.
"I found albino mutant and poking pole girl. The former is lacking all of its limbs but an arm and the latter seems to be fine. The current is too strong and we will need to wait until it is finally dries to get to the vault. I have only a handful of fuel left, so now is the time to decide whether the wounded people want to stay or move down."

Check the suit's systems and settings for a way of making the motion sensor less sensitive and more focused on the trails of human-sized enemies.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 03:13:56 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: June 25, 2012, 04:03:53 pm »

"Good 'nuff."

Shove the slab to the edge of the canyon.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: June 25, 2012, 04:51:19 pm »

((Leave your laser rifle behind so that if Cog falls into the current we can still have his weapon.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: June 25, 2012, 05:06:23 pm »

((I don't think you realize how heavy ten feet of concrete is. He ain't goin' nowhere.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: June 25, 2012, 05:19:30 pm »

((I don't think you realize how heavy ten feet of concrete is. He ain't goin' nowhere.))
((I know exactly how heavy ten feet of concrete are. So:))
Yeah, I tend to only kill people via very specific bad ideas. Such as...well this whole situation.
((Got my overall idea now?))
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: June 25, 2012, 05:22:41 pm »

((Oh. Well, he said slab, so I'm not keen on his chances of toppling it over on himself either, but I guess leaving us his laser rifle just in case would be courteous.))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4313 on: June 25, 2012, 06:23:54 pm »

Milno glances at all the crap Thomas has been carrying before leaving all the drugs with the corpse. He quickly goes over the Team B's chat from the start of the mission up until now. It seems both tinkerers died due to careless use of the Manipulator, just like in the combat simulation.
"I found albino mutant and poking pole girl. The former is lacking all of its limbs but an arm and the latter seems to be fine. The current is too strong and we will need to wait until it is finally dries to get to the vault. I have only a handful of fuel left, so now is the time to decide whether the wounded people want to stay or move down."

Check the suit's systems and settings for a way of making the motion sensor less sensitive and more focused on the trails of human-sized enemies.

You leave the drugs behind and start poking at your suit's settings.  [aux:6] You change a few settings on your motion sensing software.

"Good 'nuff."

[Str:5]
You shove at the 10 foot slab of supercrete that's partially embedded in the ground. It moves a tiny tiny bit.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: June 25, 2012, 06:33:07 pm »

((See, with a normal GM I'd assume that got a roll just to see if he failed miserably or did a good job but failed anyway. With piecewise I have to wonder.))

Begin searching the immediate area for anything of interest. Scrap that might be salvageable, signs of life, interesting views, that sort of thing.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: June 25, 2012, 07:08:47 pm »

"I can't move either of my arms at the moment and my head feels like it is going to explode. If someone fixes my arms I will come with. I want to finish this and feel good about myself."
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4316 on: June 25, 2012, 07:13:30 pm »

Wait for Milno.

Empyrean looks at the maimed May.

"So... feeling alright today?"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:57:15 pm by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: June 25, 2012, 07:47:03 pm »

Milno gives the final adjustments on the sensing software with a suspicious look on his face.

Milno turns his motion sensor on to check how it is working. Either it happens to be working or not, he proceeds to turn it off and check how much time is left until the water is totally drained.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 07:51:31 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: June 25, 2012, 07:50:27 pm »

"Oh... May... how... good to hear you. Um, what got chopped off? Do you need help? You're back at the dam, right? What used to be the dam?"
"I'm missing one arm, both legs, and the other arm is broken. As for the dam-"
Look at the remains of the Dam.

((On the bright side, maybe now you can get that implantable, although mechanical, vagina. Or you could just keep it simple and ask for an old-fashioned socket and give Thomas a plug that goes with it. If we also give Thomas a rechargeable battery (apple quality) he can tell you every day how you are the only thing that keeps him going. Just saying: you have options.))
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: June 25, 2012, 08:00:44 pm »

((Genius! Uh, I mean, you are a sick person... :-\))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 1256