Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944071 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Oh shi-
« Reply #4185 on: June 22, 2012, 09:47:07 pm »

((Quick question to you people: How would you like to pay for a helmet that gives you the cameyes sensor suite, gives better protection than a normal helmet from stuff externally and from you bashing your head around inside it, has a locator becon inside it for finding your noggin incase it goes missing, possibly have sonar built into it and also have all the circuits and wiring insulated from EMP?

I'm asking cause I'm thinking of designing such a thing back on the ship, and if I can get a working model, I think that it would definately come in handy. Might also put in some kind of mapping software and a computer to handle all sorts of calculations and shit, as well as something to tell you which way is up incase you loose your sense of balance.))
((I would be in. I'll work on an accompanying exoskeleton when I get back to the ship.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: June 22, 2012, 09:49:12 pm »

(('When', not 'if'? I like your optimism! Here's me wondering why Zako was teasing you all in your last moments...))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: June 22, 2012, 09:50:19 pm »

((I have faith in Milno. He's one of the most experienced here, and he has rocket boots. That, and Empryean might save us as well.))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4188 on: June 22, 2012, 09:50:42 pm »

((Cool beans. See if you can get a resealing suit working to go with the helmet.

And teasing? Moi? NEVAR!

Alright maybe, but only in fun!  :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: June 22, 2012, 09:52:43 pm »

((Quick question to you people: How would you like to pay for a helmet that gives you the cameyes sensor suite, gives better protection than a normal helmet from stuff externally and from you bashing your head around inside it, has a locator becon inside it for finding your noggin incase it goes missing, possibly have sonar built into it and also have all the circuits and wiring insulated from EMP?))
((After Faith commented on the Cam Eyes thing, I'm integrating them to my helmet, and Milno's armor is already being prepared to be EMP-proof.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: June 22, 2012, 10:03:52 pm »

((Your helmet has the strength of a goldfish, not to mention you can bash youself silly on the inside of it. Mine will be, ideally, far stronger, form fitting and shock absorbing. Steve will be happy to get your brains back more often with my helmet.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: June 22, 2012, 10:14:17 pm »

((Your helmet has the strength of a goldfish, not to mention you can bash youself silly on the inside of it. Mine will be, ideally, far stronger, form fitting and shock absorbing. Steve will be happy to get your brains back more often with my helmet.))
((How rude! The helmet has the strength of grass at least!))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: June 22, 2012, 10:18:12 pm »

((Mine? It had Battlesuit plates attached to it and the GM said it fits around Milno's head - presumably form-fitting due to the armory master's modifications or because the MkIII has a better helmet. >.>))
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 10:27:43 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4193 on: June 22, 2012, 11:44:40 pm »

((Well... I'm gonna design a better one! One with auto adjusting light amps! And a homing beacon! And a frictionless, one piece exterior with minimal seams! And sound nullifiers for protecting your eardrums from explosions and hostile alien sound waves! AND STUFF!

It will be a masterpiece... If I can fit it all in that is.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: June 22, 2012, 11:50:17 pm »

((@Zako: Good luck, the team may benefit from that. Their brains will, at the very least, if you design the helmet equivalent to an airplane's black box.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4195 on: June 22, 2012, 11:54:59 pm »

Faith gasped raggedly.

"Alive," she wheezed over the comm, sounding pained.

Then she saw the debris.

Fish a crutch or something out of the kit, anything to help me move faster. Then get to cover! Preferably concrete or stone, but trees if I must!

Examine nearby cover and angle and size of debris.

((Also, I loved the beetle-thing description. :P))

((A pity for Thomas that I had the medkit on me when I fell into the thermonuclear cataclysm.))
((This is also unfortunate, yes.))
You tilt our head back and look around you. As per cover, there's a large boulder a couple dozen feet away. And when it comes to the debris that are about to rain down on you...it's pretty much just a rain of molten debris coming in all sizes and coming down everywhere. It looks to be coming in at various angles, as high as 70 degrees, but some of those chunks of molten supercrete are coming in low. You move slightly see better and the pain in your stomach intensifies sharply.You taste metal as you look down at your stomach. The stump of a tree branch, broken and sharp, has jammed itself several inches into your gut. Oh...that isn't good. Thank god for this Mk II, You're not bleeding too bad.

Perma-dead:
Nick
Nik
Neil
((From this, we learn an important lesson: don't make a character with "N" as the starting letter in Einsteinian Roulette.))

Sky mode

((Oh...))

Action for Empyrea: Run away from the dam and search for cover from the falling rocks, preferentially a giant rock-thing stuck in the ground.

EDIT: Empyrea can pull Thomas, May or both to safety if it is a reasonable action (a.k.a she will be under a similar risk as if she was scrambling for cover herself).

...Just save them already, I remembered Thomas and May are nearby.

Alright, well here's the problem. May is kinda out in front of you a bit, by a few trees and thomas is off to the left, laying in a crater he dug when he landed. You could try for both, but with the limited time you're probably only gonna get one, if that. So make your choice.

((Oh, that's cold. Abandon me and May.))
((Cut some letters from that quote, please :P

I am sorry, but I was left in charge of Sky's character and I kind of feel obligated to return Empyrea alive to her owner.))

Milno watches as the explosion dissipates. The debris are surely soon to follow, and even though the boulder has been a good hiding spot, the place he is at won't matter much as long as he finds cover. Turning on his motion sensor on to track both falling rocks and teammates, he prepares to take off, making sure to prepare his gauss rifle for emergencies.

Milno turns on the motion sensor to track the falling pieces of steel and supercrete (turning it off if it proves useless) and flies at 100mph, focusing on avoiding the debris, moving into the cover of a boulder if a big formation of concrete is falling down and then returning to his flight towards his teammates.

If a big piece of the debris falls on Milno and he is unable to dodge, shoot it with the gauss rifle and try to break through. Also shoot any piece of rock or metal descending to fall on top of teammates if unable to reach them in time.

If Milno makes it in time, drag Thomas and May to a safe place. If he isn't able to, he tries to help the closest teammate in a bad situation.

Remember that you flew out to your current position for several minutes, so you're not gonna get anywhere close to your teammates in time if you go at the same speed. But going faster is an Aux roll. Your choice. Also, you may just end up getting there after the debris has stopped falling if you go at normal speeds so...yeah.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: June 22, 2012, 11:59:19 pm »

((...What are the chances of Milno being blown off the face of the earth with an aux roll of one at around 200mph?))
>Yes?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: June 23, 2012, 12:01:36 am »

((...What are the chances of Milno being blown off the face of the earth with an aux roll of one at around 200mph?))
((Hmmm, lets calculate the chances of that...
Base chance: 1/6
Hilarity value: 200
Hilarity value of other things to happen: 5
End chance: 1/6

If Milno gets a one, pretty damn high.  :P))
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: June 23, 2012, 12:07:52 am »

((And more accurately, how many Aux rolls would I need? I don't know if dodging the debris will ask for dex or aux ones at high speeds.))
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: June 23, 2012, 12:19:03 am »

((You're better of coming to get them after the Moltern rain has stopped since a lot of people are maimed and someone still has to get to the vault. And with your rockets, you can get there before the rebels do and therefore stop the battleships from killing EVERYONE regardless.))
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 1256