Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939909 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Oh shi-
« Reply #4065 on: June 21, 2012, 09:38:34 pm »

"S-Steven could we hunker down somewhere instead? I mean, if that's not a good idea we'll definitely run but, it seems like a safe place might be closer? Or the debris would- yeah, we should leave, shouldn't we?

Which way's closest to shore and how much cover do we need from the new star?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #4066 on: June 21, 2012, 09:39:37 pm »

(I think that's our second permadeath.  Congratulations!)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4067 on: June 21, 2012, 09:42:08 pm »

((Another one bites the dust. He never had any luck with that thing. Still, the good news is that this will kill most of the rebels in a 700 foot high wall of watery death.

Don't forget to grab your injured teammates when running off the dam.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4068 on: June 21, 2012, 09:44:12 pm »

((http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Oh well. I might be able to come up with a different character at some point, but eh.

At least I died in a blaze of... well, shame, but still.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4069 on: June 21, 2012, 09:46:39 pm »

((Best death I've seen so far. Better than ODing yourself on expired painkillers at any rate.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4070 on: June 21, 2012, 09:48:55 pm »

((At least your death was noteworthy, I guess?

"How'd you die?"
"Shot in the head."
"You?"
"Shot in the chest, nobody bothered to save head."
"And you?"
"Oh, you know. Couldn't outrun a nascent star up the side of a dam, lost my footing and fell into the searing light that would soon wreak havoc across the entire region."

Granted, the followup of "How'd that happen?" would be less enjoyable, but it's something!))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4071 on: June 21, 2012, 09:49:59 pm »

(( FUCK. ))
"Uh oh."

Get away from the Dam. NOW.
You crawl as best you can with only one arm and leg but you really hope someone comes along to help you because this isn't going to get you anywhere very fast.

"S-Steven could we hunker down somewhere instead? I mean, if that's not a good idea we'll definitely run but, it seems like a safe place might be closer? Or the debris would- yeah, we should leave, shouldn't we?

Which way's closest to shore and how much cover do we need from the new star?"

>Swim to the surface, look for the closest shore, then get as much cover as you possibly can. I suggest a big rock or something.

((http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

Oh well. I might be able to come up with a different character at some point, but eh.

At least I died in a blaze of... well, shame, but still.))
You might have actually single handedly turned a dangerous mission into a cakewalk. Assuming of course people can get away in time...oh well, you died in an enormous ball of science! What more can a man wish for?

But yes, feel free to create a new character at anytime. Even just a carbon copy if you want to.

By the way, I added a "Wall of Remembrance" on the first page for our truly dead.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4072 on: June 21, 2012, 09:50:11 pm »

((Best death I've seen so far. Better than ODing yourself on expired painkillers at any rate.))

((Good point. Although, let's see, first permadeath was that guy that got pulped by Eric the HALLELUJAH-borg, right?))

You might have actually single handedly turned a dangerous mission into a cakewalk. Assuming of course people can get away in time...oh well, you died in an enormous ball of science! What more can a man wish for?

But yes, feel free to create a new character at anytime. Even just a carbon copy if you want to.

By the way, I added a "Wall of Remembrance" on the first page for our truly dead.

((Of course, what more could one wish for than death by !!SCIENCE!!?

Although I dunno, a pure carbon copy doesn't seem quite right, maybe a Nitrogen copy, or an Oxygen copy.

Or a Titanium copy.

But yeah, Last Will and Testament of Nekarios Aurea-Inanis:

Nikitian get all of my schematics and plans, and all credits gained therof, unless a successor shows for NA-I.

One of the VR machines is declared "Haunted".
))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:00:17 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4073 on: June 21, 2012, 09:51:28 pm »

Get away from the Dam. NOW.

>May
You are the last to be hit, caught just as the laser lashing upward and away from the vivisected ship. It catches your right leg at the knee and then jerks in a sharp arc and hacks your left arm off straight through the funny bone.

((I don't think you're getting anywhere fast anytime soon without a crutch.  :P))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4074 on: June 21, 2012, 09:54:08 pm »

May sends out a distress call.
"Yeah, Nik and I need help. Now. We're cripples."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4075 on: June 21, 2012, 09:55:31 pm »

"Right then, let's go."

Faith and Lukas will collectively hobble into the upper righthand northernmost hallway-room, search for a window, bash it out let Milno bash it out or kinetic amp bash the wall out if there aren't any windows, get out and swim straight up.

EDIT: Then find closest shore and swim to closest shore.

May sends out a distress call.
"Yeah, Nik and I need help. Now. We're cripples."
((Was this on Team A chat as well?))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:02:03 pm by IronyOwl »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4076 on: June 21, 2012, 09:55:37 pm »

((IronyOwl: We just need to break the window from the room we checked before. It has no traps, remember?))

Milno shrugs.

"Well, I suspected he would die in a big fiery ball of death caused by his own presumption since that simulation. I'll deal with my shoulder later. Let's get moving, shall we?"

Break the window from the safe room checked beforehand (the one from which there was some light coming from the window) with the team in tow. Swim outside and turn on the rocket pods, getting out of the water asap while trying to fix the dislocated shoulder with the manual's teachings for retarded people.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:34:28 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4077 on: June 21, 2012, 09:59:25 pm »

((IronyOwl: We just need to break the window from the room we checked before. It has no traps, remember?))
((Oh right, I had forgotten the northernmost room was adjacent to the side of the building as well.

Edited.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4078 on: June 21, 2012, 10:03:28 pm »

Sky mode:

((o.o))

Action for Empyrean: Get off the dam. To the safe side.

And take cover behind a big rock.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:02:28 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4079 on: June 21, 2012, 10:08:03 pm »

((@GM: Wait...Could you get us an approximate distance of Emp and Thomas to May and Nik? And what about Milno's rockets, how much weight (how many people aside from his own body) can them safely carry at full force, as in spending half the fuel in some minutes?

@IronyOwl: We are kind of screwed. Both you and I have the characters of other people to take care of, and at the very least Faith will die with Lukas if she screws up.))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:15:04 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 1256