Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941336 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Hard landings
« Reply #4035 on: June 21, 2012, 06:09:10 pm »

((It appears to be floating in your hand. It may be that issue like on the first mission, where you can't remove it from your hand. May want to include some solution to that problem before you carry the 'sun' up the dam. Also, totally called it.  ;)))

((Floating doesn't mean it's stuck to me.

Quite the opposite. If it were ON my hand, it would probably be attached.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: June 21, 2012, 06:10:18 pm »

((@Orb: Yeah, I also that that coming. Although I did think it would be worse, to the degree of insta-killing him aside from melting part of the dam.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: June 21, 2012, 06:16:59 pm »

((@Orb: Yeah, I also that that coming. Although I did think it would be worse, to the degree of insta-killing him aside from melting part of the dam.))

((It could be worse. I'd imagine it's self sustaining, and could be the equivalent of a Fission Instigator. Time will tell.))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: June 21, 2012, 06:23:35 pm »

((Yeah, the orb keeps growing, which means it is not likely to stop any time soon. I don't know if it is using a giant star's mechanism of growth, but it probably isn't nice anyway. Nick (Nekarios) may escape, but the dam is probably going to be compromised.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: June 21, 2012, 06:34:15 pm »

((Actually, if the dam is compromised, not only should it drain Team A's objective area, but it will also flood out Team B's destroy objective.

So, really, the dam failing would actually be a fairly good thing for both teams. Now, if the dam could fail, without half of Team B on/around it, all of Team B if the failure is enough to collapse the evac zone.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: June 21, 2012, 06:37:41 pm »

"Oh... God."
Thomas spun on his feet and began to sprint up the stairs. He switched on the speakers and gestured for the man to come with him.
"Run away now."
He switched to team radio.
"Thanks May. Yeah, now could you give me a constant stream of info on Nicks little ball of energy? I don't want me, Empryean and our hostage to be vaporized. Nik, is there any way you could throw it, or something?"
When he got to the outer door, he tried to escape without being seen. Make sure that the man can't scream at his friends.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:45:14 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: June 21, 2012, 06:41:14 pm »

"Oh... God."
Thomas spun on his feet and began to sprint down the stairs. He switched on the speakers and gestured for the man to come with him.
"Run away now."
He switched to team radio.
"Thanks May. Yeah, now could you give me a constant stream of info on Niks little ball of energy? I don't want me, Empryean and our hostage to be vaporized. Nik, is there any way you could throw it, or something?"
When he got to the outer door, he tried to escape without being seen. Make sure that the man can't scream at his friends.

((You sure you want to be going DOWN? Are you insane?))

Throw it? Like hell. Just the energy the thing is giving off is enough to melt my cybernetics down, my remaining hand is probably useless now, it's burning into the arm, and I am NOT risking my only means of staying on, and running up, this dam, that is, my legs.

I am running. Like hell. This has gone beyond conventional physics as I know them, and so I do not want to be this close to it any longer than I have to.

If this thing compromises the dam, oh well. It was never in our orders to save it, and it'll flood out the rebel AAA. Plus, it'll drain Team A's objective. Better for both teams.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:42:53 pm by PyroDesu »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: June 21, 2012, 06:44:31 pm »

((That depends on the level to which it's compromised. If it's enough to completely drain the lake dry in a timely manner, the actual draining process is probably going to be massively destructive to Team A's environment. Otherwise it's not likely to affect Team A at all, save as it applies to their ride out of here.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: June 21, 2012, 06:46:11 pm »

"I'm an ex-bandit, not a theoretical physicist! I'm going to ask Steve, maybe he knows something. Hey, Steve! You can hold off on the translation request, we have a bigger issue. It looks kind of like a nuclear reaction, except it's in Nicks hand.

Wait a second. Nick? Is it attracted to your gravity?"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:50:08 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: June 21, 2012, 06:46:50 pm »

((That depends on the level to which it's compromised. If it's enough to completely drain the lake dry in a timely manner, the actual draining process is probably going to be massively destructive to Team A's environment. Otherwise it's not likely to affect Team A at all, save as it applies to their ride out of here.))

((Good point, but even if it only drains a few levels of A team, it's good.

And do remember, this is happening halfway down the dam.))

All I know is that the MFM compacted itself into an infinitesimal point of space, then somehow instigated fusion, in all probability. It's just floating there, as far as I can tell.

And somehow, I doubt it's just a nuclear reaction, nor a thermonuclear. I can't even be clear on theory about what's going on!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:50:06 pm by PyroDesu »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: June 21, 2012, 06:49:10 pm »

((Well, I would think a miniature star wouldn't stop because it hit a dam. Won't it grow until it runs out of matter to consume?))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: June 21, 2012, 06:51:28 pm »

((Well, I would think a miniature star wouldn't stop because it hit a dam. Won't it grow until it runs out of matter to consume?))

((I would think that it still has the same mass as the MFM, what little air it could use won't make it last long.

It's the residual energy that'll be slicing through the dam.))

Switch to Team A's comms.

Team A, do you read? We've got a situation out here, and the dam may be compromised. Be ready for the possibility of your mission site draining, at least partly.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:53:27 pm by PyroDesu »

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: June 21, 2012, 07:04:26 pm »

((Won't it pull in matter around it, like it did to the air around it?))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: June 21, 2012, 07:11:13 pm »

((Won't it pull in matter around it, like it did to the air around it?))

((No. Air doesn't have all that much mass, so it's significantly easier to attract it to a low-mass body. And it didn't even do that, really.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: June 21, 2012, 07:37:34 pm »

Team B comm:

"What?! What did you do? Is everyone alright?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 1256