Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942618 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Hard landings
« Reply #3990 on: June 20, 2012, 11:26:23 pm »

"Holy crap!" Faith exclaimed in a hushed whisper. "Milno's stupid rod fetish actually did something!

Man, I do not like the idea of invisible laser traps. Wish we had Jim...

Steve, is there any way for us to see lasers down here with what we've got?"
>Not unless you have a way of seeing in infrared.

Milno grins at the result. Bastards.
"Holy crap! I just saved your stupid ass while you did nothing but grope the new guy! Maybe you should care less about men's rods and more about being useful."

He giggles sarcastically for a bit.
"Steve, does my MkIII have anything that can make those things visible? I think they may be either lasers or a monofilament wire."

Milno contacts Steve and carefully moves another metal pole in front of him to find the exact point or points were the laser (or monofilament wire) is and if it happens to be moving.

Edit: He also checks where are the sources of the laser/wire.

[Dex:5+1]
You turn to face your comrades and are in the middle of yelling victorious taunts when you feel something very hot on your heel. You react without thinking and hurl yourself forward, your rockets propelling you directly into Faith and Lukas. [End:2+1] You manage to dislocate a shoulder on faith's faceplate.
"Useful? I'm the medic. You're a robotic blind man's stick. If any of us had cameyes you wouldn't be anything. Except a terrible shot, I guess."
Milno doesn't respond to your insults, except by hurling himself directly into you. [end:5-1] His shoulder cracks you right in the faceplate and you go tumbling over backwards. Luckily your helmet takes the brunt of the blow and you end up with little more then a sore neck and headache.

Milno grins even more behind the faceplate. Game on.

"I would be pleased to hear your achievements in your last two missions, but I do remember them well. I'd have to commend your performance in the second, when you managed to get mindraped over and over before finally having your mind corrupted by something alien and receiving a leash-and-collar mechanism to restrain it. All medics in the galaxy must be overjoyed by your skills."

He giggles for a while before keeping at it.

"I also can barely wait for the moment when you'll fight enemies instead of cower in fear. And guess what, you do not have cameyes, but if you do want to lead the way, I have no objections."

Lukas didn't like where this was going, afraid that if the team members were going to fight among themselves he would never get out of this alive. "Guys, guys, this is not the time or place. By now it's almost certain that someone knows we are here. Look, Milno, you seem to be the only one who really knows what he is doing here and I bet you are going to save our asses several times before this mission is over. But give Faifth a break. She fixed me while I was panicking like a little girl. Don't forget we have to work together if we want to survive. And I'm sorry, but that includes me. Now, I'll just hang back until you tell me otherwise, okay?"

Milno responds by performing a rocket powered tackle directly into you and faith. [end:5] You're knocked down but otherwise not hurt by milno's sudden desire to cuddle.
((Black. My suit is mainly black.))

I'm about 1/3 of the way down the dam, seems I've not been noticed yet. Status on you two? I'm going to hold off at about 2/3 until I get a signal from you that you're ready to get off the dam. If it takes too long, I'll fry some guys while I wait.
Oh, thats right. Oh well, so much for being incognito.

You stop moving down the damn and bend back and sit on your own legs, waiting.

Thomas heads back to the stairs, and descends carefully down the dam, checking every floor that they aren't being followed or being set up.
"We're descending slowly, we've encountered hostiles. I'm checking to see if we're being followed almost every level."
Action for Empyrean: Keep following him cautiously and pay attention to any traps, stopping if he falls down screaming.
E and Thomas head cautiously down several levels of the dam without incident. At what feels like about half way down they round the bend in the stairs and come to yet another floor. On this floor, however, there is a man. Not a man in a suit, just a man in a coverall, looking at some sort of machine set into the wall. 

Sing.

((I'm guessing May sounds like Hatsune Miku without a Japanese accent.))
[Random roll:1]

SQUAAAAAK!

>Neil and Cog
As Milno, faith and Lukas collapse into a big pile you see something, a shadow, move at the end of the hall.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3991 on: June 20, 2012, 11:30:25 pm »

"D!@IT! Enemy, past the end of the hall!" Neil dove to the side and fired a brief shot with his hand lases to try to get a shot sort of around the corner. "THis kind of messing around is why this is happening! Why were you trading insults?!"

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3992 on: June 20, 2012, 11:31:03 pm »

Thomas saw the man engrossed in his machine, and begun to move  gracefully and naturally, like well made clockwork. Hostage situations were nothing new to him.
"So, what are you doing"
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:54:14 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3993 on: June 20, 2012, 11:46:06 pm »

At 1/3, hold off at about 2/3.

Have you found someone? You're still on our radio, not your suit's speakers, mate.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:50:25 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3994 on: June 21, 2012, 12:01:14 am »

Thomas resisted the urge to groan when he heard Nicks reminder. Apparently it didn't come back that easily.
"Yeah, we found someone. But really, what's it like out there?"
Then he switched to his suits speakers and thought of a line. Well, nothing wrong with the classics.
"So, this can go easily or difficultly. Your choice"

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3995 on: June 21, 2012, 12:08:16 am »

One-liners? Really?

Yeah, I can still hear you. You may have switched to outer speakers, but that doesn't mean the radio's off.

Things out here are... rather dull. I'm surprised I haven't been noticed yet, in my mostly-black suit and cybernetics on this gray dam, but I'm not complaining. Also, these digitigrade legs make it really easy to rest on a vertical surface, as I'm almost literally sitting on my legs.

Also, just thought of another way to take out the AAA, take control of one tower, use it against the others, then destroy the one we used.

((I painted my cybernetics too, remember?))
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:12:34 am by PyroDesu »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3996 on: June 21, 2012, 12:16:51 am »

((@Powder Miner: Milno never got to answer Faith according to the turn of events.))

Milno does not even blink as he flies straight into his teammates.

He turns to face the hall as fast as he can and shoots with his gauss rifle at the shadow as soon as he sees it. Only if it won't wind up in friendly fire.
"Really? I thought enemies attacked us, not insults."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:34:52 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3997 on: June 21, 2012, 12:21:43 am »

Thomas switches off the speakers for him and Nicks discussion, he knows to keep the hostage clueless and scared.
"Yeah, I know, it's cheesy, but it's also pretty intimidating. Great idea  with the AA, but wouldn't they have two guns, and only one for us?"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:24:25 am by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3998 on: June 21, 2012, 12:28:45 am »

We would only need one. Slice off the barrels of the others with it, and then do whatever to stop it from operating once we pull out.

Also, intimidating? Hardly. But that may just be me, you'd probably know more about such than I.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3999 on: June 21, 2012, 12:38:11 am »

"So, our plan is to take an AA gun, destroy the others with it, destroy it, then be back in time for extraction?" He switched to Mays comm channel.
"Hey, May? I need you to do me some quick favors."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #4000 on: June 21, 2012, 12:45:37 am »

It should work, and it's less on me if we had decided that I melt them all, and less on ya'll if we decided to storm them all.

Switch to communication with Steve.

Steve, if we get the AAA down before Team A gets the artifact, are we retrieved when we get to the Evac point, or do we wait for them? Helping them is... effectively out of the question, for me, at least, and we've got a pair of injured that need to be back on the ship as quickly as possible.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:16:50 am by PyroDesu »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #4001 on: June 21, 2012, 12:53:30 am »

"D!@IT! Enemy, past the end of the hall!" Neil dove to the side and fired a brief shot with his hand lases to try to get a shot sort of around the corner. "THis kind of messing around is why this is happening! Why were you trading insults?!"

((Uhm, you are behind us and you are shooting a laser under water? This may end bad for us.))

Lukas was surprises by Milno's sudden charge, but luckily no real harm was done...To him at least. When he heard someone shouting something about enemies Lukas looked towards the end of the hall to see if he could see anything. Maybe he could get a clear shot.

Check the end of the hall, use Crystalline projector if there is any movement at all and if there is no risk of accidentally htting Milno or Faifth instead.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4002 on: June 21, 2012, 06:48:06 am »

"So, our plan is to take an AA gun, destroy the others with it, destroy it, then be back in time for extraction?" He switched to Mays comm channel.
"Hey, May? I need you to do me some quick favors."

"Hi Mister Erectile Dysfunction!"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4003 on: June 21, 2012, 06:55:19 am »

Faith just squawked indignantly, wondering what the hell had just happened and trying to right Lukas again.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4004 on: June 21, 2012, 07:03:12 am »

"Hi Mister Erectile Dysfunction!"
((Ouch. That will hurt him.))
Faith just squawked indignantly
((Penguin.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 265 266 [267] 268 269 ... 1256