Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3943544 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Hard landings
« Reply #3915 on: June 19, 2012, 05:19:49 pm »

It's quite possible that they considered our craft hit, and thus all of us dead. And incompetence. Rebellious forces usually have certain characteristics, not that well-trained, unless ex-military or the like, not well-equipped, only really semi-organized, tactical maneuvers are their strong point, and often quite well-motivated. As well, what big guns they have, they likely won't try to use on us, as we are near a vital structure.

And that just gave me an idea of a "last resort" option: Melt a hole, it doesn't need to be big, into the dam, and allow it to fail.

Oh, and leave the painkillers with May!

Toss painkillers to the bandit dude, before he leaves to deposit May.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: June 19, 2012, 05:35:14 pm »

Shit. I missed ANOTHER mission.
((On the bright side, you weren't cut in half. :P))

"Well, now what? I can help carry him, but that doesn't do much for the hostiles."

Help Lukas get around.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: June 19, 2012, 05:35:21 pm »

"They've been fighting the HRMC for years, they probably know just much we're able to get through."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: June 19, 2012, 05:46:00 pm »

"Hostiles I can deal with if I can see them."
Neil stayed by Faith, shooting any strange hostile-like thing he saw. OR rebels with non Mk suits, for that matter, with a cross sweep with both of his hand lasers.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: June 19, 2012, 06:18:07 pm »

((@Powder Miner: There is a penalty for dual-wielding, although I don't know if it applies to hand lasers. Probably does, though.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: June 19, 2012, 07:05:15 pm »

((So..anything May can do?))

Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: June 19, 2012, 07:06:43 pm »

NEIL DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR "PENALTY FOR DUAL-WIELDING"!

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: June 19, 2012, 07:10:33 pm »

"Well, now what? I can help carry him, but that doesn't do much for the hostiles."

Help Lukas get around.

"Thanks Faifth, I think you did it." Now Lukas was calm again he checked his wound. "Fuck, my knee is really busted." Lukas sighs. "I'll try to get up by myself first. Can I have that projector back, Milno? I don't feel safe without it."

Try to get up. Ask Milno for projector.
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: June 19, 2012, 07:19:38 pm »

((You could watch for ambushes or enemy movements or take care of Nik.))
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:41:49 pm by Spinal_Taper »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: June 19, 2012, 07:31:12 pm »

((You could watch for ambushes or enemy movements or take care of Nick.))

((Wrong Nick. Take care of Nik, not Nick.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: June 19, 2012, 07:33:30 pm »

((You could have long monologs of what you would do to your enemies once you have your limbs back. Of course, I don't see that out of May. Elisaz on the other hand...))
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: June 19, 2012, 07:41:09 pm »

Milno answers while rearing back into the room ((and waiting for the GM's roll on my last action, which I just edited)).

"Sure, why not."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: June 19, 2012, 07:41:30 pm »

((You could watch for ambushes or enemy movements or take care of Nick.))

((Wrong Nick. Take care of Nik, not Nick.))
((Ack. It's like me with my character names.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: June 19, 2012, 08:29:16 pm »

Take care of Nik.

I leave this up to Piecewise's interpretation.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3929 on: June 19, 2012, 08:35:40 pm »

((@Nikitian: I also have an idea of what that intuition roll was for, and I do not like the prospect.))

((Yeah, that does not bode well...))

I was the adviser to the Magistrate at Altair 4. He wanted someone who could usually find the most intelligent option, as well as a strategic planner, although I don't think he counted on me being... well, let's just say that I'm intelligent, but I don't know when to stop going on about things sometimes, and I'm bad at reading people. I'm fairly sure that's how I ended up here - He got fed up with me.

Wait... why did you bring May along? No matter, we'll probably be coming back up this way, so we can pick her up here.

Alright, you two go down the stairs, I should meet you at the bottom, or near to it, at least.

Strap my MFM over the palm of my left hand, so that I can type on it, albeit not that well. It's crude and will need a safe spot for a bit to work, but it'll work.

Use my incredible grip-borg legs to scale down the dam, trying to remain inconspicuous (yeah, right.)

((Argh, why didn't I think of a very useful upgrade to my arms BEFORE we had to all pile into stasis?))
You shift your MFM onto your remaining hand and, after several seconds of struggling, have Thomas strap it on for you. That done, you walk to the edge of the dam, sit down and then plant the soles of your feet on the face of the nearly vertical drop down to the canyon below. The feet latch on and you hold your breath before pushing yourself into a horizontal standing position.

After taking a moment to steady yourself you begin walking down. It's slow going.

((Yep, bad luck all around. You could ask the GM for a spot in the next mission if you compromise to appear, since even I thought you had stopped reading the threads.))

Milno rears back into the room and turns off the motion sensor while paying attention to any sign of trouble. Return the projector to Lukas.
(you can initiate a intuition check by thinking about the situation by the way)
You pull back into the room and listening for any noises and keeping an eye out for light or movement.  Lukas and Faith come over a moment later and you hand Lukas back his weapon.

"Oh. We're leaving them up there. Be right back."
Thomas heads back up the stairs and leaves May with Nik.
"Stay right here, and make sure that Nik doesn't get hurt, Okay?"
He then heads back down to Nick.
"So, just got in the way of someones ego? Sucks. I've always thought it's best to just stay away from those people. Well, I used to be a bandit. Most of my teammates were beserkers, almost. They would run in, guns blazing, from some ambush point. I would sit back, and pick off anyone trying to escape. Oh, those were simple days. Find an ambush point, like a forest, or stairs... Wait a second. Don't you find it odd that we haven't been attacked yet?"
He continues walking, checking the area around him for traps or ambushes as he goes.
You walk back to where Nik was and drop off May before heading back toward the stairs. You're about half way there when you see something poke out of the hole in the floor where the stairs begin. It looks like the top of a thermos or something, a stumpy metal  cylinder with a reflective square set into it. It rotates till the reflective bit is pointed at you and then stops. Uhhh.

Help Lukas get around.
You help Lukas stand and give him some support.

"Hostiles I can deal with if I can see them."
Neil stayed by Faith, shooting any strange hostile-like thing he saw. OR rebels with non Mk suits, for that matter, with a cross sweep with both of his hand lasers.
You ready yourself to give the finger to anyone you don't like the look of.

You can try to fight against those pain killers with an end roll. If you succeed you'll regain most of your consciousness.

Help Lukas get around.

"Thanks Faifth, I think you did it." Now Lukas was calm again he checked his wound. "Fuck, my knee is really busted." Lukas sighs. "I'll try to get up by myself first. Can I have that projector back, Milno? I don't feel safe without it."

Try to get up. Ask Milno for projector.
Faith helps you hobble over to Milno, who is staring out the door very intensely. You tap him on the shoulder and ask for your gun back. He hands it back to you but other then that doesn't even acknowledge your presence. He seems very focused.

Take care of Nik.

I leave this up to Piecewise's interpretation.
At this point all you can do is drool in his general direction.

Pages: 1 ... 260 261 [262] 263 264 ... 1256