Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942397 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 4: Hard landings
« Reply #3885 on: June 19, 2012, 12:27:13 am »

What, you want to go down the wall?

I don't see how you will. These special legs of mine will let me, so unless you have a pair just like them in your pocket, as well as an operating theater, I do believe we can't switch.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: June 19, 2012, 12:31:21 am »

Thomas shrugged, and with a tonal, calm voice he replied "Acceptable. I thank you for knocking that raving beast unconscious."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:32:57 am by Spinal_Taper »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: June 19, 2012, 12:33:18 am »

((Oh WOW! Nekarios fuckin' did it! Saving both me and May! I am... speechless.

As for the equipment - there's only that gauss gun in my quantum backpack - oh, and what's left of the sub-exoskeleton "Hope" I've been wearing.
Just to make sure, I'm squarely unconscious and probably going to be so for now, which is also the best course of action in my case considering those injuries - did I get it right?))
See dreams of the Earth - the very original one.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: June 19, 2012, 12:34:00 am »

Lukas looks Faifth in the eyes facecap, still crying. "I...I think I wet myself. Can you fix me?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: June 19, 2012, 12:42:43 am »

Search through Nik and the other injured one's backpack.

You got any idea why that one went completely off the wall before the painkiller got it?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3890 on: June 19, 2012, 01:02:11 am »

((No, the funny bone is the Ulnar nerve. Which runs along the Ulna. The ulna is one of the two long bones in the forearm, the other being the radius.

Of course, saying that something was cut along the funny bone means that it could have been cut anywhere along the arm, because it's a nerve.

Although, you probably mean the Medial Epicondyle of the Humerus, the place that is commonly referred to when you "hit your funny bone".))

Now, I can probably get down the dam anywhere, but you two can't. I say we head back to the stairs, you two take them, I go down the wall, we meet at the bottom.

Oh, and strip those two of anything that we could use, weapons, kits, whatever.

I've always heard and used funny bone as interchangeable with "humerus" So yeah. Humerus. Upper arm. Cut there.

You strip a gauss rifle off Nik and a MFM and pain killer of May.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: June 19, 2012, 01:12:16 am »

Hey, man, you any good with a regular, point-and-shoot weapon? I know I'm not, I'll be no good with this rifle I got off of Nik.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: June 19, 2012, 03:02:20 am »

"What?!" Faith shrieked, suddenly panicking. "You lazy bastards, what is wrong with you?!"

Lukas looks Faifth in the eyes facecap, still crying. "I...I think I wet myself. Can you fix me?"
"I- yes. Clean hole! Just have to stop the drowning..."

Attempt to tie/clamp a watertight seal about midthigh (or anywhere else that's convenient) without cutting off blood flow. Then examine if there's anything that should or can be done to fix the knee proper.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: June 19, 2012, 06:18:59 am »

Spoiler: :3 (click to show/hide)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: June 19, 2012, 06:44:39 am »

((Oh WOW! Nekarios fuckin' did it! Saving both me and May! I am... speechless.

As for the equipment - there's only that gauss gun in my quantum backpack - oh, and what's left of the sub-exoskeleton "Hope" I've been wearing.
Just to make sure, I'm squarely unconscious and probably going to be so for now, which is also the best course of action in my case considering those injuries - did I get it right?))
See dreams of the Earth - the very original one.

((A bit of a pity that your freshly-assembled prototype exoskeleton got lasered in half.

Even worse, you've lost essentially what I got replaced, other than the arms. That includes turning you into an "It", not a "He". Welcome to the club, IT man thing. Pun intended.

Also, it'll be interesting to see how Nik will deal with it. On one hand, he has shown some dislike for cybernetics, but if he has the option, would he still be perfectly comfortable with regrown legs?))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: June 19, 2012, 08:47:08 am »

Milno borrows Lukas' projector for a while before starting to poke around.

After the wounded is pulled into the room by Faith, Milno pokes around the area Lukas walked in, to make sure it was not a trap. If nothing is found and the shooter's distance from the door is considered a "short range" one, take Lukas projector and enter the hallway, quickly scanning the end of the hall with the motion sensor on. If it is an enemy instead of an automated gun, shoot it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3896 on: June 19, 2012, 09:15:36 am »

"What?!" Faith shrieked, suddenly panicking. "You lazy bastards, what is wrong with you?!"

"I- yes. Clean hole! Just have to stop the drowning..."

Attempt to tie/clamp a watertight seal about midthigh (or anywhere else that's convenient) without cutting off blood flow. Then examine if there's anything that should or can be done to fix the knee proper.
[Aux:2+1]
You grab an auto-tourniquet from the advanced kit and slap it on his leg, tightening it till it seems tight enough to hold the water out without also cutting off all blood to his leg. It greatly slows the influx of water but does not stop it entirely.

Milno borrows Lukas' projector for a while before starting to poke around.

After the wounded is pulled into the room by Faith, Milno pokes around the area Lukas walked in, to make sure it was not a trap. If nothing is found and the shooter's distance from the door is considered a "short range" one, take Lukas projector and enter the hallway, quickly scanning the end of the hall with the motion sensor on. If it is an enemy instead of an automated gun, shoot it.

Um, a bit embarrassing but I don't have lukas down as having a weapon. I must have overlooked a post of forgot to write it down or lost it when my computer crashed. What does he have?

Edit: OH WAIT, I remember, he bought a Crystalline projector huh? Yeah. Ok, now I can do this.

You turn the corner with a nonchalance that boarders on suicidal and start poking at the ground near the door with your stick. When repeatedly smacking the carpet with a metal rod does not end with you being shot in the knee- a rarity in these dark times - you take a step out into the hall, scanning the end of it with your motion sensor.

The sensor picks up a mild distortion in the water, as though something has moved through it recently, before your own movements cause the water around you to become a haze of yellow swirling.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 09:40:08 am by piecewise »

Prosperus

• Bay Watcher
  • Better lead than dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: June 19, 2012, 10:22:15 am »

[Aux:2+1]
You grab an auto-tourniquet from the advanced kit and slap it on his leg, tightening it till it seems tight enough to hold the water out without also cutting off all blood to his leg. It greatly slows the influx of water but does not stop it entirely.

Lukas starts to calm down for a bit. "Hey! It seems to be working. But there is still water running into my suit. Do you have another one of those things?"
You know what they say: It's all fun and games until a psycho-kinetic Armory Master rips your balls off.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: June 19, 2012, 10:23:56 am »

Stir.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: June 19, 2012, 11:29:45 am »

Lukas starts to calm down for a bit. "Hey! It seems to be working. But there is still water running into my suit. Do you have another one of those things?"
Quote from: Not piecewise
Faith: Herp derp [Aux:6+1] you put an auto-tourniquet from the kit on Lukas' leg. It tightens and compresses his leg until it crushes and destroys his bones. At least the water is not coming in anymore.

Milno turns the motion sensor off and gets back to the group, walking backwards until he reaches the room and keeping his weapons firmly trained on the place the rebel escaped from.

"Fix him quickly and get moving. The shooter escaped and the rebels'll probably try to crack that thing quicker since we are here. The medic should help you move around quicker."

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:31:39 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 1256