Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937480 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Feyri sighed. But she did want to check on the others, and probably warn of supernatural interference. That white shape was disconcerting in the least.

"Just watch yourself, Bishop.

Jim, Mesk. Heading your way. Yours too Charro, keep those monitors warm."

Move back to the observation room, and then look for Charro, Mesk and Jim, in that order.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Clapping his hands together is happiness, Bishop was quite pleased at their progress to getting off this rock.

"Jim, the download has finished. I'll be right up in a bit after I take a look at the computer. See if you can find a trolley of some kind to put Mesk on so we can wheel him around, or find something that we can use to replace the elevator floor with, preferably both. In the meantime, let down a cable for us to tie Mesk and Charro around with so you can pull them up.

Feyri, for a start, don't touch the main computer. I can't have you screwing things up like with that machine back there. Instead, can you go get Mesk and Charro up that shaft to the 4th floor? I'll be right behind you after I'm done here. And leave the kit, I'll make better use of it than you will."

Activate the control panel and take a look at the inner programs of the main computer. Don't run anything, just take a look and see what I might be able to do. Search for a way to unlock the elevator, but don't do anything!
[Aux:4]
You dig around in the folders, systems and subsystems, scanning through the programs and attempting to ascertain what they do without actually activating them. It looks like this computer controls pretty much everything in the base, from elevators to life support.

Feyri sighed. But she did want to check on the others, and probably warn of supernatural interference. That white shape was disconcerting in the least.

"Just watch yourself, Bishop.

Jim, Mesk. Heading your way. Yours too Charro, keep those monitors warm."

Move back to the observation room, and then look for Charro, Mesk and Jim, in that order.
You run out of the computer room, back through the test chamber, up the elevator platform, through the observation room. Charro is still there,lazing around. You continue to the elevator shaft and mesk is also still there, also lazing around.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"Hey!  Hi Feyri!  Be a dear and get me out of this elevator shaft, would you?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Excellent. Just as I thought. This thing will release the elevator clamps and let us use it again. Jim, Feyri, I'm heading up now. Look for a way we can lower something heavy down to the bottom floor without dropping it or for a way to fix the elevator floor."

Head back to the elevator shaft, head upstairs after getting that cable that Jim used tied onto Mesk again and then go unplug the HDDSM and wheel it out to near the elevator but well away from the edge and others. Also, look for another cart that I can use to plonk Mesk onto.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"I'll see about getting some cable tied from the first floor, so maybe we can haul things up and around."

Jim checked to see if it was possible to bypass the elevator at all, like through a maintenance hatch or something.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Excellent. Just as I thought. This thing will release the elevator clamps and let us use it again. Jim, Feyri, I'm heading up now. Look for a way we can lower something heavy down to the bottom floor without dropping it or for a way to fix the elevator floor."

Head back to the elevator shaft, head upstairs after getting that cable that Jim used tied onto Mesk again and then go unplug the HDDSM and wheel it out to near the elevator but well away from the edge and others. Also, look for another cart that I can use to plonk Mesk onto.
You make your way back up to the elevator shaft and then up to the 4th floor. The cable that jim used is piled in a loose coil near the shaft with one end tied to something in the manufacturing room. You leave it be and head to the secondary computer room. It's a short walk back to the elevator with the HDDSM in tow; you park the data storage device near the shaft and then go off in search of another cart. You find one in the manufacturing but it's got a rather large and heavy machine sitting on it.

"I'll see about getting some cable tied from the first floor, so maybe we can haul things up and around."

Jim checked to see if it was possible to bypass the elevator at all, like through a maintenance hatch or something.
You take a look around the floor you're on, searching for some sort of maintenance hatch or Jefferies tube. You can't find anything.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim also looks at the elevator to see if such a hatch might be in the roof of it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Jim also looks at the elevator to see if such a hatch might be in the roof of it.
You walk to the elevator shaft and peer up through the hole in the bottom of the elevator. There is indeed a hatch in the roof of the elevator.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

(Is it possible for me to reach the hatch, or should I settle for telling everyone else GTFO of the elevator shaft and trying to melt it out of the way? :P)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

(Is it possible for me to reach the hatch, or should I settle for telling everyone else GTFO of the elevator shaft and trying to melt it out of the way? :P)
It looks like you could make it, but it would require climbing up the ladder, jumping to the remaining floor,grab hold, pull yourself into the elevator, open the hatch somehow, despite there being no floor under it, jump up to the opening and work from there.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You can do it. And in case you fail, there is always Mesk to cushion the fall.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

((I knew there was a hatch! There's always an escape hatch in a properly designed elevator!))

Bishop shrugs at the large machine, figuring that it was too much bother to try and shift it off.

"Ok Mesk, we're gonna have to stop at the medical section for a trolley of some sort for you. Until then, we're dragging you by your stupid ass. Feyri, I'm gonna throw a cable down for you to tie around Mesk and then me and Jim will pull him up. After we've done that, we'll do the same for Charro. Watch your head."

Go find something to act as a pulley or fulcrum (basically, something heavy and hard to move to pull the cable against) so to make lifting Mesk easier and DON'T use HDDSM. Then toss the end of the cable down the shaft for Feyri to tie off around someone and when she's done have Jim help me pull Mesk up to our floor.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

>Subject 19-3: Disregard elevator, assist Bishop. (:P)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((I knew there was a hatch! There's always an escape hatch in a properly designed elevator!))

Bishop shrugs at the large machine, figuring that it was too much bother to try and shift it off.

"Ok Mesk, we're gonna have to stop at the medical section for a trolley of some sort for you. Until then, we're dragging you by your stupid ass. Feyri, I'm gonna throw a cable down for you to tie around Mesk and then me and Jim will pull him up. After we've done that, we'll do the same for Charro. Watch your head."

Go find something to act as a pulley or fulcrum (basically, something heavy and hard to move to pull the cable against) so to make lifting Mesk easier and DON'T use HDDSM. Then toss the end of the cable down the shaft for Feyri to tie off around someone and when she's done have Jim help me pull Mesk up to our floor.
Well, fulcrum are for levers and you're probably thinking of a block and tackle more then a straight pulley, but if you're just looking for something immovable to pull the cable against, it goes around a corner before where it's tied off in the manufacturing room. That should be plenty heavy and immovable I wager.

You toss the loose end of the cable down the shaft for someone else to use.

>Subject 19-3: Disregard elevator, assist Bishop. (:P)
You walk out and join bishop, waiting to help as he sets things up.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Get ready to do whatever needs to be done to get myself out of here.
Pages: 1 ... 234 235 [236] 237 238 ... 1256