Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937243 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: Healing via kicks to the ribs.
« Reply #3495 on: June 05, 2012, 09:41:35 pm »

"Bishop, returning to your position. Mesk fortunately was able to supply the needed materials, but they're for medical care. I guess it's with Jim.

Does anyone know where he is?!"

Search for Jim?
The kit has the tools in it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: June 05, 2012, 10:09:56 pm »

". . .

No wait, found it! They're all in here. Alright Bishop, stay safe, I'm coming back.

Mesk, try looking for Jim. I need a sitrep on both your positions and statuses."

Return to Bishop, hand him the advanced kit while standing guard beside him, rifle aimed at the industrial thingy.

Examine that black disc.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: June 05, 2012, 10:13:34 pm »

(Mesk is never going to get to me with his inability to climb ladders due to a broken lower spine, soooooo....)

Jim checks the download progress. He also looks for more loose cables.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: June 05, 2012, 11:08:01 pm »

Posting to worship.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: June 05, 2012, 11:22:17 pm »

"Good. This thing looks like it's stable for now, but noone mess with it. Seriously."

Head back to the door and check it carefully. See if I can locate where the bolts and locks for it are and if I could slice through them or not.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: June 05, 2012, 11:39:25 pm »

"Ok, Feyri.  I'll try to find Jim!"
Minutes pass.
"He's not at the bottom of the elevator shaft!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: June 05, 2012, 11:42:34 pm »

"You're still down there? I thought that you were-"

Feyri glanced at Bishop's face before rewording her next sentence.

"...-hanging out.

Could you check if the elevator can work from there? Gravity and a vacuum and whatnot? How does the floor look like?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: June 06, 2012, 12:31:40 am »

"Elevator is clamped in place. I need to find out where I can deactivate the clamps first before it can move. I'm guessing the main computer."

Bishop shrugged at Feyri helplessly.

"It does make sense for the controls to the clamps to be there after all. When I get this door open, you best go get Mesk out of that shaft, lest the elevator crush him when it comes down."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3503 on: June 06, 2012, 12:45:01 am »

". . .

No wait, found it! They're all in here. Alright Bishop, stay safe, I'm coming back.

Mesk, try looking for Jim. I need a sitrep on both your positions and statuses."

Return to Bishop, hand him the advanced kit while standing guard beside him, rifle aimed at the industrial thingy.

Examine that black disc.

You run back to the elevator platform and take it back down to the test chamber. You chuck the kit to bishop before you take up a position next to him. As he starts digging through the kit you pause to take a look at the black disk from a distance.

The disk is quite hard to see from here, it's very small, but it looks very much like a tiny black disk, perfectly circular and a few inches across. It's hovering in the exact center of the ring.

(Mesk is never going to get to me with his inability to climb ladders due to a broken lower spine, soooooo....)

Jim checks the download progress. He also looks for more loose cables.
You wander into the computer room and check the progress of the download. 68%. You shrug and then head back to the Manufacturing room; there's plenty of cable here, giant spools worth.

Posting to worship.
Could always join in. We're gonna need 10 people for the next mission after all.

"Good. This thing looks like it's stable for now, but noone mess with it. Seriously."

Head back to the door and check it carefully. See if I can locate where the bolts and locks for it are and if I could slice through them or not.
You examine the door. It's almost perfectly smooth, lacking any sort of handle or other manual way to open the door. You can't say for certain where anything is on the door or if you can get through it [intuition:1] but you have the distinct feeling that using a torch on the door would be very very...what were you thinking about again?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

(Use the torch!  Use the torch!)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bishop shrugged as he took out the tools. Slicing through the door would be a last resort, the base probably thought of that sort of thing for protecting the main computer anyway. The panel was his main way to get past.

Bypass the panel locking device and pulse the lock circut to unlock and open the door!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Think I should check that disk out? It's just there, motionless. Probably exotic technology, not of our make.

Mesk, stay steady there. Don't try to get yourself killed. Jim, respond, please.

Charro, glad to know you're still with us in spirit."

Examine Bishop, but keep an eye on that disk. It is mocking me. Being motionless and all.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

"Think I should check that disk out? It's just there, motionless. Probably exotic technology, not of our make."
(( Oh, and I was  starting to hope the rest of the mission will proceed smoothly, without any (more) casualties...  :P
On the other hand, you may be right and this will prove just an alien artifact - as usual, extremely dangerous, but worth some tokens and possibly a new weapon two or three missions from now. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bishop turned to look at Feyri, shocked that she would-

Hmmm...

He was getting the feeling that she was like this quite a lot...

"That's probably the Puddle that the scientists were talking about. Don't mess with it, you've caused enough trouble. You can grab it by yourself when we are leaving, and when the rest of us are above ground, since I don't want to be anywhere near you when you try to touch that thing.

So leave it alone for now. It's not going anywhere."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Just entertaining the notion, Bishop." Feyri replied with a shrug. "Steve has sent us here for a reason, out of all the deserted science bases out there anyway."

At least nobody was dead due to personal failure yet. Feyri had the slightest of thoughts that this place was a whole team versus environment. The lack of security was a whole trap. These weren't scientists, they were underpaid interns with full lack of personal liquid storage and suit protection!

Another notion settled.

"While you do that, how did that first corpse look like anyway? Was it suited up or...any distinguishing features?"
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 1256