Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937061 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: Healing via kicks to the ribs.
« Reply #3450 on: June 04, 2012, 01:24:37 am »

"Hey guys, what's going on?  Is somebody about to be hurt?  I've devised a new offshoot of my new medical discipline!  I'm gonna punch your wounds until you're better!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: June 04, 2012, 01:28:03 am »

"Jim, Mesk! Help us out! I've...accidentally pressed a button I wasn't supposed to press and Idon'tknowwhattodo!

Jim! Get to the observation room and see what's happening!"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: June 04, 2012, 01:54:36 am »

"Guys!  Ok, fine, I'll be over as soon as I figure out the whole movement thing.  But guys!  Better idea!  I'm gonna cut off my legs and throw them at people when they're wounded!  Long range medicine, what could possibly go wrong?!  Did you know mountain goats can go anywhere and do anything!!"
Try to pull myself around without injuring myself further, ranting mostly incomprehensibly the entire way.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3453 on: June 04, 2012, 09:37:18 am »

Bishop nodded at the panel, as that would probably open the door. Turning to check on Feyri, he was shocked at what was happening. This shock devolved into anger shortly afterwards with an uncomfortable touch of fear.

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH IT! WHAT DID YOU DO?!"

Running around the edge of the room, he got that sinking feeling again...

Run around the edge of the room to avoid the machine and then head to the control panel and see where the power switch for this thing is! Shut this damn thing down!
You stand around with your mouth open in a silent, exasperated scream for a few seconds before you sprint toward the machine, hugging the wall as far as you can till you have a straight shot to the machine. You climb the scaffold, stiff arm Feyri out of the way, and look at the control panel.

[Aux:2] You stare at the control panel in abject confusion, reaching forward nervously and pulling your hand back without touching a thing.

'Uh, uh. The buttons. They were so shiny!'

Pressure, pressure. That wasn't what she would say.

'I accidentally that button!'

Crap. No. Stop it thoughts!

Feyri's arms just slumped to her side as she moved down from the mechanism. "I-I..examined it! It was slippery! and..and."

/:

D:

She tried her best to put on a neutral expression, but knew deep inside that what she did...was totally stupid.

"Get back!"

Find a safe place, switch to laser rifle, begin looking for hostiles. Not Bishop.

Defend!

You pull yourself up after Bishop's stiff arm and run off back down the scaffold, making your way out of the room and all the way back to the entrance of the test chamber. After dropping to one knee you start swinging your rifle around, looking for some sort of hostile alien monster or robotic molester or cybernetic hooligan. You can't see anything of the sort.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: June 04, 2012, 09:44:04 am »

Horror of horrors, he didn't know what to do. He knew that if he pressed the wrong thing, he might only make things worse.

"Feyri! Get over here, quick! I need you to point out exactly where you put your hand! I need to see what you physically did! MOVE!"

Get Feyri to help me fix this shit! TURN IT OFF!!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:44:28 am by Zako »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: June 04, 2012, 10:34:26 am »

"There! Above you, a bit to your right. Lean forward, pretending to examine the thing and then you'll fall on those buttons!

Wait, a bit more.

There! That's where!"
Feyri could see Bishop scrambling for the place and attempted to direct him and aid him.

She then looks, with her eyes, at what that thing was.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3456 on: June 04, 2012, 12:19:44 pm »

Horror of horrors, he didn't know what to do. He knew that if he pressed the wrong thing, he might only make things worse.

"Feyri! Get over here, quick! I need you to point out exactly where you put your hand! I need to see what you physically did! MOVE!"

Get Feyri to help me fix this shit! TURN IT OFF!!
"There! Above you, a bit to your right. Lean forward, pretending to examine the thing and then you'll fall on those buttons!

Wait, a bit more.

There! That's where!"
Feyri could see Bishop scrambling for the place and attempted to direct him and aid him.

She then looks, with her eyes, at what that thing was.

(What exactly is "That thing"? The thing you are turning off? Hard to look at that when you turned it off.)

[Bishop aux:3+1]
Bishop attempts to follow Feyri's instructions as he pokes away at the keypad. The display relays the message "Anomaly Stabilized"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: June 04, 2012, 12:25:41 pm »

Bishop let out a sigh of relief at last... Saved... For now at least...

"That... was too close... Jeez..."

He felt too tired to yell at Feyri right now... Maybe later when he got that door open.

"Ok... Just go stand over by the door and keep your damn hands to yourself... Ok? I think we stopped this thing from blowing up the station, but I don't know how long it will last, so lets get the hell out of here ASAP."

Head back over to the panel and see if it controls the door. Then check how thick this door is if possible for viability of just cutting right through it altogether. Then, if my meddling with the panel didn't open it, see if I can bypass the panel to open the door.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: June 04, 2012, 01:00:23 pm »

((Erp, I meant at the disc. Oops.))

"Well, I didn't do it on purpose...

Wait, I'll get Mesk's cutting torch and whatever other weaponry that I could hold from the others. It looks like they're not responding. Or coming down.

I hope nothing bad has happened to them."

Commandeer use of Jim/Mesk/Charro's weaponry. Bring whatever is needed to open doors along. Like a cutting torch.

"Jim? Mesk? What are you two doing? Get yourselves in action, we have to finish this mission quick and get relevant with the data.

Charro, respond. If you're alive, then silence will be the best answer. In the form of a soprano-alto classical mix, if you want."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: June 04, 2012, 01:12:01 pm »

"...If you're alive, then silence will be the best answer. In the form of a soprano-alto classical mix, if you want."
((Is it just me who thinks Feyri is steadily approaching a Cloudcuckoolander level of insanity with those remarks?))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: June 04, 2012, 01:22:43 pm »

("Approaching"?  Remember the first mission, with the leg, and the cancer?)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: June 04, 2012, 01:27:48 pm »

"...If you're alive, then silence will be the best answer. In the form of a soprano-alto classical mix, if you want."
((Is it just me who thinks Feyri is steadily approaching a Cloudcuckoolander level of insanity with those remarks?))
((Hey, if you have a better method of trying to restore morale, then I'd love to hear it. She was joking.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: June 04, 2012, 01:33:37 pm »

(I have one. :D)

Jim decides to prank Feyri by acting deactivated where he stands, even though he's not.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: June 04, 2012, 01:37:01 pm »

:'(

"Bishop, I'll be moving back up first, to get some needed equipment."
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 01:41:04 pm by Tiruin »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3464 on: June 04, 2012, 06:29:55 pm »

Bishop let out a sigh of relief at last... Saved... For now at least...

"That... was too close... Jeez..."

He felt too tired to yell at Feyri right now... Maybe later when he got that door open.

"Ok... Just go stand over by the door and keep your damn hands to yourself... Ok? I think we stopped this thing from blowing up the station, but I don't know how long it will last, so lets get the hell out of here ASAP."

Head back over to the panel and see if it controls the door. Then check how thick this door is if possible for viability of just cutting right through it altogether. Then, if my meddling with the panel didn't open it, see if I can bypass the panel to open the door.
You return to the door and look at the panel. It looks like a keypad lock, similar to the one on the entrance door. It's a safe bet that it opens this door.  As per the door itself, it's hard to tell exactly how thick or resistant it is, but it certainly looks imposing. 

You go to work on the door when you realize that mesk has the kit.

((Erp, I meant at the disc. Oops.))

"Well, I didn't do it on purpose...

Wait, I'll get Mesk's cutting torch and whatever other weaponry that I could hold from the others. It looks like they're not responding. Or coming down.

I hope nothing bad has happened to them."

Commandeer use of Jim/Mesk/Charro's weaponry. Bring whatever is needed to open doors along. Like a cutting torch.

"Jim? Mesk? What are you two doing? Get yourselves in action, we have to finish this mission quick and get relevant with the data.

Charro, respond. If you're alive, then silence will be the best answer. In the form of a soprano-alto classical mix, if you want."

yeah, you're gonna need their permission for that unless you want to wack them over the head and take it.  And so far it seems like they are going to be very unhelpful.

(I have one. :D)

Jim decides to prank Feyri by acting deactivated where he stands, even though he's not.
You stand around, stiff as a board, doing your best impression of a filing cabinet.
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 1256