Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3936871 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: Healing via kicks to the ribs.
« Reply #3420 on: June 03, 2012, 07:03:27 am »

"Mesk, I'm not a masochist."
((I couldn't understand this one. Masochists like to receive pain. Feyri would be a sadist, who likes to inflict it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: June 03, 2012, 07:13:47 am »

"Mesk, I'm not a masochist."
((I couldn't understand this one. Masochists like to receive pain. Feyri would be a sadist, who likes to inflict it.))
((Erp, got who is speaking to who wrong. Don't ask how that happened.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: June 03, 2012, 10:34:47 am »

"No, Feyri, it doesn't work," Jim said, sounding somewhat exasperated. "Would YOUR right arm work if I ripped it off at the elbow and glued it to your head?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: June 03, 2012, 10:41:26 am »

"No, Feyri, it doesn't work," Jim said, sounding somewhat exasperated. "Would YOUR right arm work if I ripped it off at the elbow and glued it to your head?"
((And this is why Feyri is not the brightest kid in the playground.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: June 03, 2012, 10:58:00 am »

(She isn't very good with medical knowledge, no. :P She might not realize he's being sarcastic...)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: June 03, 2012, 11:55:46 am »

(Aw, I was kind of hoping it would have actually worked.)

"Hey, guys back at the ship?  My lower body's kind of been destroyed, any chance I can place an order for a custom prosthesis while we're still down here?"
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:58:04 am by Remalle »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3426 on: June 03, 2012, 03:37:07 pm »

"Bishop, Feyri? Just wanted you to know I chucked Mesk down the elevator shaft for attaching my arm to my head instead of where it belonged." Jim attempted to remove the arm from his head.
You yank and tug and pull and twist and generally struggle to get the arm off your forehead, but you might as well be trying to tear steel I-beam in half. You sigh a bit and make plans for hurting mesk again. But more this time.

(I think you rolled 2 for that; the 4 was for pain.)
Correct, sir.

Mesk's eyes widened behind his faceplate as he recovered from the shock of being thrown down an elevator shaft.  "Oh... shit."
He desperately patted his legs from his supine position on the floor, quickly coming to the inevitable conclusion.  "I really hate this fucking elevator shaft... and you guys... why do you people keep destroying my limbs?  Feyri?  Are you going to rip off my arms?  Is zombie Charro going to eat my face when... if... we get back?  I mean, god damned... goat..."
He trailed off as he realized something.  A light practically went off above his head.
"You know what, thank you, guys!  When we get back, oh man, I'm gonna get my lower body removed and replaced with cybernetic medical goat leg prostheses!  This could change everything!  Nobody will ever want for medical care again!  Wait, better make sure I'm not gonna die, first of all.  Can't share this with the world if I'm dead!"
Check that I'm not gonna die from a suit rupture or bleeding.  Ruminate excitedly on soon being the world's first cyborg-satyr kickboxing-doctor.
"Quick!  Someone get down here and rip off my arms!  Feyri, it's your turn to mutilate me.  I'm gonna be famous!"
He begins chattering cheerily, in an undertone and mostly to himself, though the rest of the team occasionally hears worrying snatches of his monologue.  "credit the collaborative effort of the team... spring-loaded feet... needle-fingered rocket-hands... jump ten meters into the air and land on his wounds hard enough to knock the bullet out..."
[Med:2+1] Uh..well, you don't feel like you're bleeding internally. Then again, you're not really sure what that feels like...plus you can't feel anything from just about bellybutton height down. Probably fine...probably.

(Gongratulations, your our first cripple! Snapped spine from being thrown down an elevator shaft, mark that down piecewise!)

"Oh lovely. Now we have to get him back upstairs again."

Bishop sighed in frustration before shrugging at Feyri.

"Right, let's go look at that door down there. I don't really want to be alone with that machine incase something goes wrong, so come on then."

Head downstairs, wait for Feyri at the bottom of the elevator and then head into the machine room cautiously, making sure to switch off all recieving radio signals aside from Mesk, Jim and Feyri, and have a good look at that machine from a good distance. Check how long we have left for the HDDSM to finish.
"Jim, does that arm work? If it does, I don't think it well for you to...remove it. It has a use and repairing it would take time.

Time you don't seem to have.

Mesk, I'm not a sadist. Nor will I ever be. I cleared that up with myself on my last mission. Just...stop demoralizing us, please. And stop talking about goats!"

Feyri kept all channels on 'on' just to be sure Charro was still alive. I mean, she could hear his breathing.

"You have my blade guarding your back, Bishop. Jim, keep a stalwart eye out for any movement. Whatever ghost or thing that made that noise must still be down there. Or my stress.

Meh."

Switch to Sabre, follow Bishop. Admire floor and ceiling.

Examine test chamber.

Bishop and Feryi both head back to the elevator platform and ride it down, cramped together in for several minutes, Bishop silent while Feyri spends most of the time belting out motivational speeches and one liners. Once at the bottom they both follow the hallway around to the test chamber and stand at the edge of the room while looking around.

The machine looks about as it always has, an enormous ring studded with what look like a dozen probes all pointing inward. The ring itself is held in place by a pair of mechanical arms which connect to the main body of the device, a base of untold numbers of squarish, black, electronic machines, like a tiny cityscape of black sky scrappers. Wires and cables burst from this base and wind up the arms till they attach to the probes on the ring.

Feyri takes a moment to examine the floor and ceiling.They're the same as the walls, white and featureless.

(Aw, I was kind of hoping it would have actually worked.)

"Hey, guys back at the ship?  My lower body's kind of been destroyed, any chance I can place an order for a custom prosthesis while we're still down here?"
>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: June 03, 2012, 03:54:28 pm »

(She isn't very good with medical knowledge, no. :P She might not realize he's being sarcastic...)
((I really didn't at first, but hey. The arm did give a high-five.  :P))

Feyri was unnerved at the whole mass message transmission that Steve sent, probably to Mesk. "I'll...stay by the device thing. You could check the door."

Look for where I saw that control panel on that huge ring/set of mechanical arms thing again and move closer to it, examining it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 04:02:55 pm by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: June 03, 2012, 04:04:02 pm »

In what he felt was probably a damn stupid move, Jim decided to just try to melt the point of connection so he could pull the damn thing off with his amp.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: June 03, 2012, 04:09:29 pm »

(Jim's gonna melt his face off.)

"No, I just need you to prepare to replace my body from the navel down.  With goat legs.  You know, digitigrade, spring-loaded, diamond-tipped, wheels in the back of the ankles, retractable needles... the usual.  Though an equipment enhancement wouldn't be unwelcome."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: June 03, 2012, 04:21:01 pm »

In what he felt was probably a damn stupid move, Jim decided to just try to melt the point of connection so he could pull the damn thing off with his amp.
((This could be used in the future, and would be fixed anyway back on ship.  :-\))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: June 03, 2012, 05:14:33 pm »

(Yeah, but I'm not gonna go back to the ship with an arm attached to my head. >.> Also Mesk has usurped the title of Worst Medic from Faith. :P)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: June 03, 2012, 05:19:54 pm »

(Yeah, but I'm not gonna go back to the ship with an arm attached to my head. >.> Also Mesk has usurped the title of Worst Medic from Faith. :P)
(I utterly disagree with this assessment.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: June 03, 2012, 05:22:30 pm »

((It can not be helped, Mesk is a true genius. We need a new title for Faith, maybe "Molestation Target#1" or "Hands Magnet", since it seems she is the preferred target of our sick convicts.))
>Yes?

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: June 03, 2012, 08:55:23 pm »

"Right. Don't touch it by the way, we don't know what it does."

Inspect that door closely as well as any nearby pannels that might open it. Check the progress meter on the HDDSM.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 1256