Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3936840 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: Healing via kicks to the ribs.
« Reply #3405 on: June 02, 2012, 11:26:54 pm »

((I find it entertaining that your current problems are caused by legitimate skill in what you're trying to do, rather than bad luck and no skill like expected/before. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: June 02, 2012, 11:36:21 pm »

((XD Go Jim!

Also, we may die due to each other. And Mesk.))

"Charro is still alive. He is not dead." Feyri replied. "Well, if we can keep him from brain death, that is. I guess. I'd rather have Mesk check on him, but with the noise coming from the elevator, I don't want to know what the other two are doing...

"So what did you get from the secondary computer? Does this machine coincide with what we know about the Puddle?"

What is the Puddle again?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: June 03, 2012, 12:08:44 am »

Jim casually shoves Mesk down the elevator shaft as they both head toward it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: June 03, 2012, 12:09:57 am »

"Fine, have it your way. Mesk, if you're coming down, don't. You won't make it down the ladder with that leg and I need you to stay up there for when I get the elevator working again, so we can plonk you on the roof instead of trying to push you up through a hatch or something.

As for the computers, there's a metric crapton of data on them. It would take days to read it all, let alone find anything useful, so I didn't bother.

And this puddle that we keep hearing about? It sounds like an alternative reality or something... I have no idea what it's supposed to look like, so I guess that machine down there is preventing it from eating reality or something. I won't really know until I get a closer look at it."

Bishop looks at Charro before turning to a private channel to Feyri and motioning Feyri to do the same.

"Ummm... Why was Jim so cagey before? That doesn't seem like him, from what I have heard. Did you two do something?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: June 03, 2012, 12:21:25 am »

(I remembered the strikethrough!)
Acquiesce with Bishop and stay on this level.
"So, uh, what should I do up here?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: June 03, 2012, 12:23:34 am »

Feyri returns the statement with a flat look. "We didn't do anything before. Well, other than his minor collapse in morale that is. He just hugged me and said a few words, I returned the hug, then he went upstairs talking about helping the others first.

"I didn't care much. Well, by much meaning I understand his condition. Knowing little about your mission can have an exhausting effect on the mind. Combat stress and fear of the unknown and all that. Psychology. I know part of it."

"Though, I'm not sure why Jim was that cagey. His brain is locked in an artificial cell, so I guess that's why he's so caged.

. . .

"Oh, the other meaning? I really don't know. He's usually the silent type, as I've spent most of the first mission with him. He can suggest with his body and speak through action. Strange fellow, but intriguing. Come to think of it, could you examine those devices? My gut says there is something with them and the controls, but I can't seem to be able to see anything that would help us."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3411 on: June 03, 2012, 01:13:59 am »

((XD Go Jim!

Also, we may die due to each other. And Mesk.))

"Charro is still alive. He is not dead." Feyri replied. "Well, if we can keep him from brain death, that is. I guess. I'd rather have Mesk check on him, but with the noise coming from the elevator, I don't want to know what the other two are doing...

"So what did you get from the secondary computer? Does this machine coincide with what we know about the Puddle?"

What is the Puddle again?

No one as found a definite answer to that so far.

Jim casually shoves Mesk down the elevator shaft as they both head toward it.
(I remembered the strikethrough!)
Acquiesce with Bishop and stay on this level.
"So, uh, what should I do up here?"

[Jim Dex:4+1]
[Mesk dex:2-1]
[Jim str:5]
[Mesk end:2]

Jim walks up behind mesk as he talks to Bishop on the radio and grabs him by the collar. Mesk spends the next several seconds screaming about how his repairs were actually an improvement while being dragged toward the elevator shaft before Jim hammer throws him through the hole in the doors. Mesk slams into the far side of the shaft and proceeds to bounce off half a dozen pipes on the way down before landing at the bottom with a horrible crunching noise that only he can here. [end:4] Mesk grunts and groans but it doesn't hurt nearly as much as he expected. In fact...he can't even feel his legs anymore.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: June 03, 2012, 01:16:51 am »

"Bishop, Feyri? Just wanted you to know I chucked Mesk down the elevator shaft for attaching my arm to my head instead of where it belonged." Jim attempted to remove the arm from his head.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: June 03, 2012, 01:26:31 am »

(I rolled a 4 on endurance and still snapped my spine?)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: June 03, 2012, 01:31:47 am »

(I think you rolled 2 for that; the 4 was for pain.)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: June 03, 2012, 01:45:52 am »

(Gongratulations, your our first cripple! Snapped spine from being thrown down an elevator shaft, mark that down piecewise!)

"Oh lovely. Now we have to get him back upstairs again."

Bishop sighed in frustration before shrugging at Feyri.

"Right, let's go look at that door down there. I don't really want to be alone with that machine incase something goes wrong, so come on then."

Head downstairs, wait for Feyri at the bottom of the elevator and then head into the machine room cautiously, making sure to switch off all recieving radio signals aside from Mesk, Jim and Feyri, and have a good look at that machine from a good distance. Check how long we have left for the HDDSM to finish.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: June 03, 2012, 01:48:16 am »

"No worries, there's a lot of cable up here. We can just tie him to it and haul it up."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: June 03, 2012, 02:06:24 am »

Mesk's eyes widened behind his faceplate as he recovered from the shock of being thrown down an elevator shaft.  "Oh... shit."
He desperately patted his legs from his supine position on the floor, quickly coming to the inevitable conclusion.  "I really hate this fucking elevator shaft... and you guys... why do you people keep destroying my limbs?  Feyri?  Are you going to rip off my arms?  Is zombie Charro going to eat my face when... if... we get back?  I mean, god damned... goat..."
He trailed off as he realized something.  A light practically went off above his head.
"You know what, thank you, guys!  When we get back, oh man, I'm gonna get my lower body removed and replaced with cybernetic medical goat leg prostheses!  This could change everything!  Nobody will ever want for medical care again!  Wait, better make sure I'm not gonna die, first of all.  Can't share this with the world if I'm dead!"
Check that I'm not gonna die from a suit rupture or bleeding.  Ruminate excitedly on soon being the world's first cyborg-satyr kickboxing-doctor.
"Quick!  Someone get down here and rip off my arms!  Feyri, it's your turn to mutilate me.  I'm gonna be famous!"
He begins chattering cheerily, in an undertone and mostly to himself, though the rest of the team occasionally hears worrying snatches of his monologue.  "credit the collaborative effort of the team... spring-loaded feet... needle-fingered rocket-hands... jump ten meters into the air and land on his wounds hard enough to knock the bullet out..."
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 02:36:49 am by Remalle »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: June 03, 2012, 02:09:37 am »

(Ask Bishop, he'll cut 'em off for you. XD And sorry, but at the same time, congrats. You'll appreciate your cyborg limbs when you get them, trust me. :3)

"I'll keep watch on the device up here," Jim said, returning to the secondary drive room.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: June 03, 2012, 04:37:59 am »

"Jim, does that arm work? If it does, I don't think it well for you to...remove it. It has a use and repairing it would take time.

Time you don't seem to have.

Mesk, I'm not a sadist. Nor will I ever be. I cleared that up with myself on my last mission. Just...stop demoralizing us, please. And stop talking about goats!"

Feyri kept all channels on 'on' just to be sure Charro was still alive. I mean, she could hear his breathing.

"You have my blade guarding your back, Bishop. Jim, keep a stalwart eye out for any movement. Whatever ghost or thing that made that noise must still be down there. Or my stress.

Meh."

Switch to Sabre, follow Bishop. Admire floor and ceiling.

Examine test chamber.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 07:13:30 am by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 1256