Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3936852 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: Healing via kicks to the ribs.
« Reply #3390 on: June 02, 2012, 02:37:34 am »

(Oh Mesk... You are your own worst enemy...)

Bishop shrugged helplessly at the computer. Figures... Of course it wasn't going to be that easy. It almost never was. Still, he was going down to the main computer anyway. From Feyri's unsuccessful attempts at opening the door, he was going to have to give her a hand.

"Willing it open is not going to work. It's a door. You do not have psychic powers. I'll meet you back up in the observation room and we can both have a look at that console. Maybe that will open it?"

He then heads to the elevator shaft and comes upon the scene of Jim holding Mesk up with a single hand, and his other arm a stump at just above the elbow.

"I see that you are starting to see my reasons. I got first dibs on him though, and that's after the mission so you'll have to wait. Put him down gently and I'll go grab your arm. I'm heading down anyway, so I'll tie it to the end of the cord and you can pull it up. Don't kill him yet, we still have a mission to do."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: June 02, 2012, 02:53:09 am »

(Zako is the victim of a ninja edit. XD)

"You should look around for a control panel or something, Feyri," Jim said over coms as he descended the ladder.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: June 02, 2012, 03:22:04 am »

"Good idea. Also, I heard some sort of scream behind me.

Meh, must be the stress. Bishop, hurry up with that memory device and get whatever Steve needs from the Secondary Computers. Jim, if possible, try to find an anti-virus or communicable firewall that would protect from the zombification thing we read earlier."

Search for control panel or any detector device near or on the door for passage

Then go up to the observation room.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 04:00:44 am by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: June 02, 2012, 03:26:15 am »

"A scream? Did it sound like white noise, Feyri?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: June 02, 2012, 03:55:53 am »

(Blargh, ninja edit. Tottally disreguard my previous post please guys.)

"It's already downloading to the HDDSM, but it's gonna take like... 20 minutes or so? I'm heading down to see if we can open the door to the main computer, so don't touch the big computer thing on a trolley thats hooked up to the computers Mesk or I'll seriously kill you right here and now, mission be damned. Feyri, meet me in the observation room and we can both have a look at that console to try and figure it out.

And unless it was one of us who screamed, then you must be imagining things Feyri. We are in complete vacuum after all, no air for sound. And there are no zombies dammit. No files I've read so far say anything about zombies, so chill out."

Put a remote link of the progress screen for the HDDSM onto my wrist computer then head downstairs to the observation room and try again to figure out that console.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 05:32:58 am by Zako »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: June 02, 2012, 03:59:16 am »

"White noise what?

No, actually, it sounded like a scream. Still, I know it's stress. Thanks for reaffirming what I told myself. Vacuums.

*Audible sigh*

Right then, heading back up to the observation room and awaiting you. Charro's in there by the way, hugging the monitors and keeping an eye on me."

Return to Observation room and help Bishop.

Put a remote link of the progress screen for the HDDSM onto my wrist computer then head downstairs to the observation room and
((and...?))

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: June 02, 2012, 05:32:34 am »

(Woops. Must have lost the net there. Editing...  :-[)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3397 on: June 02, 2012, 03:41:37 pm »

Jim's emoticon blinked several times, turning from its normal golden glow progressively redder and becoming a blur of static rather than any identifiable expression. He grabbed the front of Mesk's suit with his remaining hand and lifted him into the air, then carried him over to the elevator shaft and held him above it. "You're going to go down and get that arm. Then you're going to bring it back up here, weld it on, and fix it properly. You have two choices right now. Are you going to listen to me, go down, and get it like a good medic, or am I going to have to fling your ass down there after it?"

(You asked for it. :)) EDIT: Actually, I changed my mind. Since there doesn't seem to be anything hostile in the area and Jim knows he's getting new arms when/if he gets back - as well as the fact he's being mellow right now - I doubt he'd get that upset.)

Jim sighed. "I'm going to go get that arm. When I get back, fix it properly, would you? I kinda need both if we're going to help Bishop lower that machine of his," he said, going back into the elevator shaft to retrieve his arm.
You shimmy back out to the ladder and make your way down to the bottom of the shaft. You scoop up your severed limb with a huff and then head back up to the 4th floor.

"Good idea. Also, I heard some sort of scream behind me.

Meh, must be the stress. Bishop, hurry up with that memory device and get whatever Steve needs from the Secondary Computers. Jim, if possible, try to find an anti-virus or communicable firewall that would protect from the zombification thing we read earlier."

Search for control panel or any detector device near or on the door for passage

Then go up to the observation room.

You look around the wall near the door. There is indeed a control panel set into the wall near the door. You nod at the panel, committing it to memory and then head back across the room to the elevator. You're about to press the up button when you see something peek out around the far corner of the hallway and then vanish back toward the test chamber.

(Blargh, ninja edit. Tottally disreguard my previous post please guys.)

"It's already downloading to the HDDSM, but it's gonna take like... 20 minutes or so? I'm heading down to see if we can open the door to the main computer, so don't touch the big computer thing on a trolley thats hooked up to the computers Mesk or I'll seriously kill you right here and now, mission be damned. Feyri, meet me in the observation room and we can both have a look at that console to try and figure it out.

And unless it was one of us who screamed, then you must be imagining things Feyri. We are in complete vacuum after all, no air for sound. And there are no zombies dammit. No files I've read so far say anything about zombies, so chill out."

Put a remote link of the progress screen for the HDDSM onto my wrist computer then head downstairs to the observation room and try again to figure out that console.
You press your wrist pad to the display screen and drag the progress bar down to the edge of the screen. It pops up on your wrist pad a moment later. That done, you head back to the elevator shaft. Jim emerges from the gaping hole in the door, carrying his own severed arm and waves to you before walking off toward mesk, wielding his own arm like a club. Huh.

You shrug and squeeze into the shaft, sidling along the ledge till you reach the ladder and making your way down. You continue on to the Observation room and rest your elbows on one of the consoles, propping your head up on your hands while you examine the various buttons and displays. [Aux: 3] Uh..well...it seems to control that machine and these monitors but thats about all you can tell.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: June 02, 2012, 04:25:17 pm »

"So you want your arm reattached?  Well... ok, but I can't guaruntee it will be better that way."
Repair Jim's arm.  Better this time.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: June 02, 2012, 05:29:59 pm »

((Starting to remind me off SCP - Containment Breach.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: June 02, 2012, 09:39:22 pm »

Press the up button.

Harangue self on stress.

"Bishop, I'm moving up to your level. Tell me that Charro's doing fine would you?

And...I think that industrial thing down here is related to the Puddle. Could you test the other devices around there? I've found a medical kit and it's with me. Sort of useless, but it could be used for non-lethal combat."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: June 02, 2012, 10:45:08 pm »

(Just in case it's necessary...)

Jim waits for Mesk to do his job.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: June 02, 2012, 10:55:03 pm »

Bishop looked over to the corpse in the corner and waved at it. No reaction, of course.

"He's just staring at me like a dead dude. Feyri, you need to get a grip on yourself. People usually don't just walk away from a drug OD, and the sooner you accept he's gone, the better. I'm sorry to be so harsh but people die, especially in this program that we are trapped in, and theres nothing you can do about that. Accept it and focus on the job."

He turned back to the monitors again and mused about them quietly for a moment.

"I don't think these things control the doors to the main computer. Why they would link the room for the main computer next to a test chamber of all things is beyond me, but I don't think we'll open it from here. Did you find anything down there that might work?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3403 on: June 02, 2012, 11:14:10 pm »

"So you want your arm reattached?  Well... ok, but I can't guaruntee it will be better that way."
Repair Jim's arm.  Better this time.
[Aux:6+1] You grab jim's arm and fish a bottle of Insta-steel from the advanced kit.

"Hold still" you say to jim as you squeeze a large glob of the grayish substance on to the stump of the limb you just finished cutting off. "Now then, this is a very delicate and highly technical process." you advise him as you examine the arm and the stump with a learned air. And then you slam the stump of the severed arm directly onto Jim's forehead. The Insta-steel dries instantly and bonds the arm to Jim's head so completely that they might as well be a single piece of metal.

"High-Five!" you yell as you slap the newly reattached hand.

Press the up button.

Harangue self on stress.

"Bishop, I'm moving up to your level. Tell me that Charro's doing fine would you?

And...I think that industrial thing down here is related to the Puddle. Could you test the other devices around there? I've found a medical kit and it's with me. Sort of useless, but it could be used for non-lethal combat."

You ignore whatever it is you just saw and head up the elevator to the observation room.  You find Bishop leaning on one of the consoles, attempting to scratch his head through his helmet.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: June 02, 2012, 11:21:23 pm »

(I love my job!)

"My work here is done."
Head down to the observation room, apply my technical expertise where needed.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 12:20:04 am by Remalle »
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 1256