Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3937070 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: Healing via kicks to the ribs.
« Reply #3345 on: May 31, 2012, 01:55:53 pm »

(Because its a great RTD and we all love the story and action in it! HOP TO ET!)
((This. I also bet someone either dies or gets turned into a tin can. Can't get more specific than that, though.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3346 on: May 31, 2012, 02:29:01 pm »

Search the whole floor. Start with storage.
Storage? I think you may be looking at the wrong floor.

You guys have never been to the 4th floor. And I don't to make you just blunder around wildly in uncharted Territory and end up dead or injured or something simply because of a misunderstanding.

Spoiler: D: (click to show/hide)

"You know the main computer room requires you to move through the testing chamber right? Hard to keep an eye on the computer from there."

"Alright, look voice. I'm alone with Charro, who is currently admiring the metallic floor face-down. I'm alone right here, Jim is busy with Bishop and the rest and while he was down there, the thing didn't do anything hostile to him at all.

Also, I have this Sabre.

So, yes. I'm moving to that main computer if it gets this mission finished quickly. My team's discipline is going down, and I fear insubordination is rising in the ranks, but that may be just me.

And, yes. I am talking to myself. Good thing I switched the comm channel off. Why do you think Jim hugged me by the way? A breakdown, I say.

Besides, suits record everything, right? I'll just...um...lift Charro like this, and...um...slump his body over that monitor like so...

And his suit can record whatever will come from it! Win-win situation right there. I guess.

But you are right, I need to be cautious as I wait for that HDD...memory thingy."

Follow my own monologue and compliantly 'ask' Charro to view the monitor, by linking his suit to the video feed.

Get down in that testing chamber, Rifle ready and examine the place from a distance.

You grab Charro's corpse and prop him up against the wall with his faceplate pointed at the monitors. A few careful taps on his helmet and your own connects the feed from one to another, popping up a small window in the corner of your faceplate. That done, you head to the elevator platform and ride it down, following the passage way it terminates at all the way to the testing chamber. The massive machine is waiting for you as you enter the room, a mass of electronic towers and countless wires acting as the pedestal to the maw like ring resting in the scaffolding. It isn't moving and doesn't appear to be particularly hostile.

Jim moves to assist Bishop in his search, but with a slightly high priority on finding something he can use to tie Mesk to his back.
You head up to the 4th floor with bishop and join up with him.

(Bishop is a hard man... Also, REMALLE! Git yon ass to your RTD! It's too good to let die!)
(but whyyyy)
{Seriously, kudos to Remalle for acting useless, and keeping up with it}
(Acting.  Yeah, sure.  Let's go with that  :P)

"Do I get any say in this?  Hey Jim, as long as we're listing reasons not to kill me, tell him about that time I killed a homicidal four-armed maniac with my bare hands!"
While Jim is gone, try to work through the pain, and grab something to pull myself to an upright position.  Try to hop around without letting my leg flop around too much.
"Ok," You mutter as your "friends" wander away and leave you alone, crippled, at the bottom of a elevator shaft, on a hostile moon, "Time to find a crutch." Hmm, cutting torch is too short. There are some pipes and conduits around here, but they're still attached to the walls. Oh, wait! You open up the advanced kit and pull out what looks like a slightly concave, padded, tan colored handle with a small metal box attached to one side. You pull the box off and the tightly packed collection of tubes within unfolds and telescopes outward, forming a proper crutch.

You use the crutch and the wall to drag yourself up off the ground as slowly as possible. Ah, thats better.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: May 31, 2012, 02:37:42 pm »

(Is the crutch retractable, or only extendable?)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: May 31, 2012, 02:38:45 pm »

Jim heads to manufacturing. Surely there would be some power cords or something similar he could use.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: May 31, 2012, 02:57:42 pm »

Feyri sighed as she leaned on the complex wall. Her mind ablaze with thoughts of what to do, and how the others are doing. Jim must be handling them well, she was sure of it. He knew how to lead by example and sub-conscious temperament. Just like in the first mission, a source of unwavering advice.

A voice in her head.

A guide in her mind.

'Meh,' she thought to herself. It had to be done with.

Her comm feed cackled to life as she tapped it on. "Jim, this is Feyri Nirel. Do you copy? I'm at the testing chamber, Charro's suit is linked to mine, saving the video for everything that happens.

Make sure Bishop gets that memory device, keep Mesk out of trouble, and make sure everyone else survives.

I'd not like anyone to die on this mission. Charro isn't dead and I believe that.
Please don't fail me.
Tell Mesk to be useful and be a damned fleshtech.
Tell Milno and Faith about what would happen.
Don't try anything radical, for the team's sake.
Why can't I be a useful leader for once?!
Oh, and I'll be keeping the comm channel with you for now. I'd not bother Bishop with how he acted with Mesk earlier. Stress and all that.

And, sitrep: The machine is immobile for the moment, approaching with Rifle drawn. Switching to Sabre in a few moments. Moving towards the Test door.

Search the data processing for the memory device. Then link into the secondary computers. Steve's advice by the way.

Finally head down here when you're done. Maybe send someone to secure the main entry.

Feyri out."

Do as above. Observe for other entities lurking about.

Light amps, on.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:01:00 pm by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: May 31, 2012, 03:10:15 pm »

"I'll do what I can. Thanks for the advice." Jim paused for a moment. "And... Feyri? Be careful down there, all right? I don't like the looks of that thing."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3351 on: May 31, 2012, 08:17:44 pm »

(Is the crutch retractable, or only extendable?)
It is retractable in a way, in that you can fold it back up, but it's not the sort of thing you can just push a button to bring back in.

Jim heads to manufacturing. Surely there would be some power cords or something similar he could use.
You head to the room labeled "Manufacturing" on the map and start looking around. It looks like this room was used to manufacture and repair electronics. There are walls of shelves loaded with parts, work tables topped with piles of tools and, most importantly to you, several large spools with what must be miles worth of wire and cable.

Feyri sighed as she leaned on the complex wall. Her mind ablaze with thoughts of what to do, and how the others are doing. Jim must be handling them well, she was sure of it. He knew how to lead by example and sub-conscious temperament. Just like in the first mission, a source of unwavering advice.

A voice in her head.

A guide in her mind.

'Meh,' she thought to herself. It had to be done with.

Her comm feed cackled to life as she tapped it on. "Jim, this is Feyri Nirel. Do you copy? I'm at the testing chamber, Charro's suit is linked to mine, saving the video for everything that happens.

Make sure Bishop gets that memory device, keep Mesk out of trouble, and make sure everyone else survives.

I'd not like anyone to die on this mission. Charro isn't dead and I believe that.
Please don't fail me.
Tell Mesk to be useful and be a damned fleshtech.
Tell Milno and Faith about what would happen.
Don't try anything radical, for the team's sake.
Why can't I be a useful leader for once?!
Oh, and I'll be keeping the comm channel with you for now. I'd not bother Bishop with how he acted with Mesk earlier. Stress and all that.

And, sitrep: The machine is immobile for the moment, approaching with Rifle drawn. Switching to Sabre in a few moments. Moving towards the Test door.

Search the data processing for the memory device. Then link into the secondary computers. Steve's advice by the way.

Finally head down here when you're done. Maybe send someone to secure the main entry.

Feyri out."

Do as above. Observe for other entities lurking about.

Light amps, on.

You look around to see if there's anything else lurking around the room, like some sort of hostile robot or crazed toasters. You can't see anything but...god damn it, it's like there's something hiding just on the edge of your peripheral vision, like the shadows are sweeping around just behind your back. You flip your light amps on and blind yourself again.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: May 31, 2012, 08:20:20 pm »

"Well, we best get to it. You go that way, and I'll head this way. I'll look for the storage device and then head to the computers while you find that cord."

Head to Data Processing and look for that storage device that Steve told me about. Keep an eye out for trouble.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: May 31, 2012, 08:28:02 pm »

Jim took out some of the wire and tied it securely around one of the machines, then took the free end back to the elevator shaft and tossed it down. "Here, Mesk. Tie it around yourself and I'll see about pulling you up," he said over coms. "But, uh, just in case I drop it... you might want to hold on to the ladder, too."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3354 on: May 31, 2012, 08:49:22 pm »

"Well, we best get to it. You go that way, and I'll head this way. I'll look for the storage device and then head to the computers while you find that cord."

Head to Data Processing and look for that storage device that Steve told me about. Keep an eye out for trouble.
You walk over to data processing and look around. It suddenly hits you that you have no bloody idea what a HDDSM looks like. [Aux:6] But this boxy thing here with with the big power cord and keypad certainly looks like it can hold a lot of data. Least you're pretty damn sure it can.

Jim took out some of the wire and tied it securely around one of the machines, then took the free end back to the elevator shaft and tossed it down. "Here, Mesk. Tie it around yourself and I'll see about pulling you up," he said over coms. "But, uh, just in case I drop it... you might want to hold on to the ladder, too."
You select the wire which looks least likely to snap and drop Mesk down the elevator shaft for the 3rd time today and start pulling a good deal of it off the spool. Once you've got a good armful you wrap it up and throw it onto your shoulder before walking over to one of the tables and looking at the machines. Select a lathe thats bolted in place on a similarly secured table and get to work attaching the wire. [handiwork:6-1] You tie a knot so perfect, so tight, so foolproof that it would make an eagle scout weep and then make your way back out to the elevator shaft, playing the wire out behind you.

"Here, Mesk. Tie it around yourself and I'll see about pulling you up," you say over coms as you toss the wire down to him, "But, uh, just in case I drop it... you might want to hold on to the ladder, too."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: May 31, 2012, 09:11:59 pm »

"I think I might have found what we need. Jim, when you get Mesk up here, throw down whatever cable you found and Feyri can tie Charro on the end so we can haul his ass up. That way, when I get the elevator released from those clamps and it lowers, we can hop onto the roof of the thing and ride it up to the top in glory!

Computer, send me the blueprints and instructions for use of a HDDSM as well as a picture of what one looks like. It's best to be sure that I got the right thing and not something that will fry the whole system when I plug it in."

Ask Steve for schematics and instructions for use of a HDDSM, as well as a picture of one. Make sure what I'm looking at is indeed a HDDSM before plugging it into a suitable nearby computer and checking that it's blank.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3356 on: May 31, 2012, 09:33:55 pm »

"I think I might have found what we need. Jim, when you get Mesk up here, throw down whatever cable you found and Feyri can tie Charro on the end so we can haul his ass up. That way, when I get the elevator released from those clamps and it lowers, we can hop onto the roof of the thing and ride it up to the top in glory!

Computer, send me the blueprints and instructions for use of a HDDSM as well as a picture of what one looks like. It's best to be sure that I got the right thing and not something that will fry the whole system when I plug it in."

Ask Steve for schematics and instructions for use of a HDDSM, as well as a picture of one. Make sure what I'm looking at is indeed a HDDSM before plugging it into a suitable nearby computer and checking that it's blank.
You wait a few minutes as your request slogs through space at the speed of light before, hopefully, crawling back to you with all the answers. As you wait you poke idly at what you assume is a HDDSM, absentmindedly jabbing "11369" and then "Defrost" and sniffing in disappointment when nothing happens. A moment later a packet of data full of pictures and text arrives from the aether. You scan through the pictures and immediately recognize that whatever you have here isn't a HDDSM.  The HDDSM is larger, and rolls around on a little cart to make moving it easier. You drop the thing you have and look around the room for something that matches the picture. You find one sitting in the corner of the room with it transfer cables wrapped around it. You can't tell if it's blank or full or anything as it is.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: May 31, 2012, 10:19:02 pm »

"Well shitballs... THAT is going to be a problem. Guys, I found a HDDSM, but I've hit a snag. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be, and with Jim's antics in the elevator, getting it downstairs and back upstairs in one piece is going to be a problem. Looks like I have to put my elevator plan in action sooner, but if any of you have better ideas, then lets hear 'em."

Bishop stopped for a moment to pick up whatever he had dropped a moment before and inspected it again thoughtfully.

"Computer, I got your package, thanks for the info. I found something interesting though but I don't really know what the hell it is. I would send a pic from my suit but you told me not to send anything to you so I suppose I'll just have to describe it to you."

Describe the strange machine to Steve for info on what it is exactly. Then while I'm waiting, wheel the HDDSM out to a suitable computer and plug that sucker in and check for anything already stored on it.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: May 31, 2012, 10:26:36 pm »

"I have a cable here I'm going to pull Mesk up on. If you and I work together, we can probably lower it safely," Jim responded to Bishop.

EDIT: Now that Mesk was ready to go, Jim started pulling him up.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:00:50 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: May 31, 2012, 10:51:29 pm »

Push the crutch back in, grab the cable, wrap it around myself.  Try to climb up the ladder with Jim pulling, hopefully combining our strength to make it easier.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 1256