Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938804 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #3180 on: May 27, 2012, 12:25:17 pm »

((@GM Do the conscripts know about the deadpool? And is it possible to bet on no one dying (or, at least, leaving "enough of you to scrape up and dump in something mechanical")? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: May 27, 2012, 12:48:45 pm »

(Ah. Didn't see that.)

Jim decided to contact Steve again. "So... Steve. Let's say I'm about to do something that most would consider stupid. Is it possible for me to save my thought patterns into a device so that if this platform is destroyed completely, a new robot body that thinks and acts exactly like me can be created and continue to serve?" He doubted it but it didn't hurt to ask, he felt, as he moved to the elevator. He didn't press 'down' just yet though.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: May 27, 2012, 12:54:45 pm »

(Everyone, bet on me!)
Calm down.
"Er, sorry about that, Bishop.  Might have gotten a little carried away there."
*cough*
"So, um... I don't think Charro's waking up from his self-inflicted coma with or without help.  Wait, I got it!  Mission Control, we need you to deliver the strongest non-lethal jolt possible to Charro to wake him up."
Satisfied with a job well done, turn my attention to getting out of here.  Figure out how far above us the door is and whether there's anything to climb on.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3183 on: May 27, 2012, 08:49:16 pm »

((@GM Do the conscripts know about the deadpool? And is it possible to bet on no one dying (or, at least, leaving "enough of you to scrape up and dump in something mechanical")? ))
You do. And no.

(Ah. Didn't see that.)

Jim decided to contact Steve again. "So... Steve. Let's say I'm about to do something that most would consider stupid. Is it possible for me to save my thought patterns into a device so that if this platform is destroyed completely, a new robot body that thinks and acts exactly like me can be created and continue to serve?" He doubted it but it didn't hurt to ask, he felt, as he moved to the elevator. He didn't press 'down' just yet though.

>Well, such things exist, but you don't have the hardware for it. Oh, and there's also the fact that you're a disposable death row felon in a program that amounts to an extended execution. Why would we want to save your brain?

(Everyone, bet on me!)
Calm down.
"Er, sorry about that, Bishop.  Might have gotten a little carried away there."
*cough*
"So, um... I don't think Charro's waking up from his self-inflicted coma with or without help.  Wait, I got it!  Mission Control, we need you to deliver the strongest non-lethal jolt possible to Charro to wake him up."
Satisfied with a job well done, turn my attention to getting out of here.  Figure out how far above us the door is and whether there's anything to climb on.
The ledge under the door is only roughly 5 feet off the ground; it would be a simple job to pull yourself up and through the door.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: May 27, 2012, 09:02:21 pm »

Bishop sighs in relief and looks at poor, stupid Charro.

"Shutup Mesk, before I gut you like the swine you are. I'll get to you after the mission... I don't think we have a HDDSM, so we'll have to check the labs for one. I'll go see what made us stop, Feyri, you get Charro out of the elevator shaft."

Check the schematics of the elevator to see how it works and what might have caused it to stop. If I don't have any idea, then climb up the ladder to where I can see the bottom of the elevator more clearly and have a look. Be careful of the elevator decending suddenly.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: May 27, 2012, 09:05:25 pm »

"Because... I'm not a death-row felon, maybe?" Jim suggested. Steve must have not read his file. Shrugging it off, he pressed the down arrow.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: May 27, 2012, 09:22:33 pm »

"Because... I'm not a death-row felon, maybe?" Jim suggested. Steve must have not read his file. Shrugging it off, he pressed the down arrow.
(This strikes me as a terrible idea.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3187 on: May 27, 2012, 09:25:35 pm »

Bishop sighs in relief and looks at poor, stupid Charro.

"Shutup Mesk, before I gut you like the swine you are. I'll get to you after the mission... I don't think we have a HDDSM, so we'll have to check the labs for one. I'll go see what made us stop, Feyri, you get Charro out of the elevator shaft."

Check the schematics of the elevator to see how it works and what might have caused it to stop. If I don't have any idea, then climb up the ladder to where I can see the bottom of the elevator more clearly and have a look. Be careful of the elevator decending suddenly.
You don't have the schematics for the elevator still, so you climb up the ladder a bit till you can see the elevator better. Looks like some sort of clamps have engaged to hold the elevator in place.

>Death row inmate, discarded clone, whatever. Point is that you're here because no one wants you and this is just a helpful way to get rid of you.

You press the down button on the elevator platform and it begins lowering. You descend for several minutes before you reach the bottom. The hall the platform stops in is a thin thing, barely wide enough for one person, and seems like a maintenance hall more then anything.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: May 27, 2012, 10:16:21 pm »

(@Remalle: It probably is, but last time I did something dumb I ended up in a sweet-ass pervert-proof robot body, so I'm hoping I get another upgrade like that. :3)

Jim advanced down the hallway to the door and stopped there, then activated his coms. "I'm about to head into the test chamber. I would like someone to be at the monitors before I proceed."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: May 27, 2012, 10:18:19 pm »

Radio what SteVe said to the rest.

Begin helping Mesk, Bishop or Charro onto that entrance, out of the shaft.

"Jim, if you can hear me, you're the most important member of our team currently. You're the only one who has been in direct contact with whatever anomaly that we've all seen in the base - white noise. Stay safe. For us all.

Oh, and could you find something to throw down to us here? We seem oblivious to the apparent passage right above us.

And I checked the maps again, there is a passageway in the observation room that leads to the sixth floor. There is no direct entrance in the shaft to the sixth floor.

Everyone, get your appendages moving and move!"

Try restoring morale.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: May 27, 2012, 10:30:30 pm »

"This is Bishop... I've taken a look at the elevator and it seems that some kind of clamps have activated and stopped the elevator from moving. Not sure why, but I'm guessing an automated protocol or some shit like that.

Reguardless, it's probably something to do with the quarantine. If we are gonna make it back up the shaft, then we'll need to disengage these clamps and climb onto the roof of the elevator and climb the ladder from there. I have no idea where we are gonna be able to do that, but I'm guessing either the main computer, or the labs."

Check to see if we can access the labs from where we are without having to go through the elevator, then climb down to the bottom and out onto level 5. Head to the consoles there and take a look at them.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: May 27, 2012, 10:36:38 pm »

"Isn't...there a hole through that elevator? I can still see it from here."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: May 27, 2012, 11:13:52 pm »

"Yeah, there's a hole where the floor should be, but there's no handholds in the elevator to climb with. Not any I can see from here. Anyway, we just need to get these damn clamps loose before we can make any real progress again."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3193 on: May 28, 2012, 12:12:54 am »

"This is Bishop... I've taken a look at the elevator and it seems that some kind of clamps have activated and stopped the elevator from moving. Not sure why, but I'm guessing an automated protocol or some shit like that.

Reguardless, it's probably something to do with the quarantine. If we are gonna make it back up the shaft, then we'll need to disengage these clamps and climb onto the roof of the elevator and climb the ladder from there. I have no idea where we are gonna be able to do that, but I'm guessing either the main computer, or the labs."

Check to see if we can access the labs from where we are without having to go through the elevator, then climb down to the bottom and out onto level 5. Head to the consoles there and take a look at them.
It looks like the door to the 4th level is actually below where the elevator stopped; you could climb up a bit higher and then scoot around to the 4th floor door, but you'd still have to get it open.

You climb back down and then hop up to the 5th floor door and crawl through. You walk to one of the consoles and look at it. [Aux:2] Uhhhh ummm ahhhh yeahhhh. It appears to...have blinking lights. Hm.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: May 28, 2012, 12:16:25 am »

((So I'm not doing anything and not moving towards that entrance that I saw earlier?

And not mentioning the importance of a storage device to anyone?))
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1256