Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939047 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #3150 on: May 26, 2012, 08:11:33 pm »

((Well, it's been sitting in a vacuum and I doubt safety regulations have improved much. I doubt the age was a problem.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: May 26, 2012, 10:43:10 pm »

((Poor Charro, I wonder if he got the ones labelled ''Horse''.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3152 on: May 26, 2012, 11:12:33 pm »

"Um... that could be a problem."
Pop Feyri's arm back in, then limp over to Charro and see what I can do for him without taking him out of the suit.
"I can't wait for this mission to be over."
[Med:6+1] You get up and walk over to Feyri, attempting to scratch your chin while examining her arm.
"Yep. Dislocated."  You mutter. Then you kick her straight in shoulder. Once she's sprawled out on the ground, writhing in pain, you limp  over to check on Charro. [Med:2+1] You give him a few good kicks to make sure he's not faking and then shrug.

Support allies by helping to carry them.

Find entrance to open.

"Jim! Are you alright? Mesk is having trouble with the other two. Effects of medical overdose!

We might need some assistance down here. Charro just took the black plague by the groin!"

Mesk wanders over to you and takes a look at your injured arm. He nods for a moment and then kicks you straight in the shoulder. [End:3] You're knocked to the ground and your vision goes blurry with pain. You try to move your arm and it feels like broken glass is grinding in the joint. Well, at least your arm is actually back in it's socket.

Wait. In use? Secondary cameras are... in... use... "Steve! That virus you were infected with, what did it try to take over first? Was it the cameras?" Jim asked, worried, as he continued to look around.
>I never let it get far enough to effect any system other then the transmitter I received it on.

"And to think that I was starting to like him... And then he does something as stupid as self-medicating with decade old painkillers."

Bishop promptly dumps him off his shoulder and shakes his head.

"We might have to leave him for a bit and come back. Mesk, can you do something about my back?"

Ponder intelligence of teammates. Wait for treatment by Mesk and keep an eye out for trouble.
[Int:3] Your teammates are probably about as smart as...a not very smart guy...yeah, that's clever.

>Hallucinate about honey-white rainbow cats what float through the sky on silver-blue leaves and dance in the shiny rain of the obesity hovercraft dongrels.

((...Whups. A bit more than 'two mild painkillers'! :-X))
[Will:1-1]You hallucinate being in a completely ordinary room eating an adequate sandwich.  It is completely average.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: May 26, 2012, 11:14:45 pm »

[Will:1-1]You hallucinate being in a completely ordinary room eating an adequate sandwich.  It is completely average.
((Your rolls make you fail even at hallucinating properly.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: May 26, 2012, 11:22:10 pm »

(XD)

Jim decided to investigate the room more carefully. He needed a new weapon, at the very least.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: May 26, 2012, 11:26:47 pm »

"Mesk. Tell me you know anything about therapy." Feyri said as she pulled herself up by her good arm. Fleshtech or not, it seems like he just made it worse.

How did these people get into the HMRC anyway?! She found herself wanting for Faith's presence, at least she was more...serene in her medical care.

"Charro, you alright there?

Steve, could you upload an updated map of our location? We're at the bottom of the shaft, right? There must be a ladder back up to the observatory, then to the testing room.

Jim! Can you help find something to help carry us up? My arm's asthma just evolved into pneumonia. Mesk, could you...wait, no. Just no."

Search for a ladder or way back up to the fifth floor level. If the door is locked, search for the entry panel or doorknob.

((Nobody ever said doors to elevators lacked doorknobs.  :P))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: May 26, 2012, 11:37:51 pm »

"Feyri, wait!  I can fix that too!  I just need to perform some quick field surgery!  Wait, no, I gotta fix the others first."
Kick Bishop in the back until he's better.  Kick Charro until he wakes up.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: May 26, 2012, 11:46:15 pm »

"Kick me even once, an I swear I will fry a hole in your guts and watch the vacuum turn you inside out. You can help me properly, or not at all, so think carefully."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: May 26, 2012, 11:57:33 pm »

"No, it's cool, I know what I'm doing.  I just need to kick your pressure points, or something."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: May 27, 2012, 12:02:11 am »

"Ok, it's clear that you are an idiot, so let me clarify..."

Bishop points his laser rifle with one hand at Mesk and holds up his cutter in the other.

"I WILL TURN YOU INSIDE OUT AND THEN CUT YOU TO BITS. DON'T FUCK AROUND WITH ME."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: May 27, 2012, 12:17:54 am »

((You people are awesome  :D
Why do I get the feeling Feyri and Bishop would be backing Jim up in case of some specific unfortunate accident and may even end up on the friendly list of the madness thing because of that?
Mesk, could you...wait, no. Just no.
This. Please, take no offense, Remalle: your character is wonderful, as are your and GM's RPing of him. He is just very... Mesk. Oh, and very fleshtech too. You know, Milno would love to hear this story. ;D ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: May 27, 2012, 02:06:01 am »

Feyri turned towards the general direction of Bishop's voice and sighed audibly. "Stop fighting! We may have an errant medic, but this does not give you the right to fire on your own teammate!

Focus Bishop!"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: May 27, 2012, 02:17:09 am »

Bishop frowned and slowly lowered his rifle and cutter.

"I have every right, but fine. Just don't do anything stupid or I'll find you on the ship when we get back and give you a taste of your own medicine..."

Grudgingly let Mesk treat me. Stay wary of any kicks to the back.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: May 27, 2012, 02:21:55 am »

Mesk sighed, disappointed that his radical new medical treatment wasn't getting the recognition it deserved.  The truest mark of progress was resistance, he mused.  Still, there was no point in getting the gun-shooters mad at him.
"Very well.  Hmm, a muscle relaxant would probably be almost as good as a nice relaxing high-speed foot massage."
Hand Bishop a muscle relaxant pill from the advanced kit.  If there isn't one, a painkiller instead.  Try to figure out how to wake up Charro without killing him.
"There you go, take it twice a day with water.  Jim, where are you right now?  Do you think you can help us out of here?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3164 on: May 27, 2012, 02:28:42 am »

(XD)

Jim decided to investigate the room more carefully. He needed a new weapon, at the very least.
(You still have the Clever. I assumed that you picked it back up or just never let go of it. )

You look around the room. The monitors are showing a large empty room with some sort of very complex looking machine in the center.  The machine looks to be constructed around a large metal ring.

[Will:4+1] You think about chopping mesk's limbs off. You giggle a bit but don't act on it.
"Mesk. Tell me you know anything about therapy." Feyri said as she pulled herself up by her good arm. Fleshtech or not, it seems like he just made it worse.

How did these people get into the HMRC anyway?! She found herself wanting for Faith's presence, at least she was more...serene in her medical care.

"Charro, you alright there?

Steve, could you upload an updated map of our location? We're at the bottom of the shaft, right? There must be a ladder back up to the observatory, then to the testing room.

Jim! Can you help find something to help carry us up? My arm's asthma just evolved into pneumonia. Mesk, could you...wait, no. Just no."

Search for a ladder or way back up to the fifth floor level. If the door is locked, search for the entry panel or doorknob.

((Nobody ever said doors to elevators lacked doorknobs.  :P))

The door already has a hole melted in it. And it's only a few feet up. You could easily just climb up there like Jim did.

"Feyri, wait!  I can fix that too!  I just need to perform some quick field surgery!  Wait, no, I gotta fix the others first."
Kick Bishop in the back until he's better.  Kick Charro until he wakes up.
Mesk sighed, disappointed that his radical new medical treatment wasn't getting the recognition it deserved.  The truest mark of progress was resistance, he mused.  Still, there was no point in getting the gun-shooters mad at him.
"Very well.  Hmm, a muscle relaxant would probably be almost as good as a nice relaxing high-speed foot massage."
Hand Bishop a muscle relaxant pill from the advanced kit.  If there isn't one, a painkiller instead.  Try to figure out how to wake up Charro without killing him.
"There you go, take it twice a day with water.  Jim, where are you right now?  Do you think you can help us out of here?"
[Mesk dex:4+1]
[Bishop dex:2]
[Mesk med:2+1]

You charge at Bishop in a hobbling sort of sprint and kick him straight in the lower back as he tries to waddle away. By the way he falls to the ground and screams at you in...appreciation, you're fairly certain your "Kick the shit out of the patient" therapy is working. You get a muscle relaxant from your kit and pelt him in the faceplate with it before You turn to Charro and continue the treatment.

[str:6-1] You feel something crunch as you kick him in the side. Thats probably a good thing. Yeah.

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 1256