Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939575 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #3045 on: May 24, 2012, 12:20:20 am »

Mesk looked up, nervous as the atmosphere drained, but nodded at Bishop's words.
"Our pill-drunk friend is right.  I was thinking we block out all external noise, but draining the atmosphere works too.  Hey... if the power's still on that means there could be radios broadcasting the insanity noise.  If you guys hear anything over your coms that isn't someone's voice, switch it off, alright?"
Make sure that my radio link will only pick up signals from the rest of the team.  Check if the elevator's moving now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3046 on: May 24, 2012, 12:35:14 am »

In accordance with my action: Examine Body.

Then examine my suit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3047 on: May 24, 2012, 07:34:09 am »

Charro, looking a bit sheepish, stuffs his findings into his backpack along with the book and hurries after the rest, frowning to himself as he ponders whether or not to browse the datachip.
>Follow the main group.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3048 on: May 24, 2012, 01:24:35 pm »

Feyri noticed the complete shift in the environment before switching comm channels to Bishop, speaking in a calm voice.

"What the hell just happened? I-...oh, power outage. Well, you are right with the vacuum and noise. Just hope that whatever AI may be there, it hasn't infected our comm link.

And Jim."

She made due to store all three datapads in her quantum storage, which is her preferred name for her backpack.

"Steve, do you have any notes on the P-box protocol we've just heard?"

She wondered if the gravity failed too, and wondered if they were to float the way down. If the gravity of the planet worked, that is.

Then goes and examines the elevator along with Jim, hoping to find another way through after seeing the predicament.
You stuff the datapads in your backpack before wandering over to where jim is still looking down the elevator shaft. He points to the elevator blocking further exploration and you ponder a way to remedy such a problem. [int:3] You don't really know anything about electronics or elevators, but it clearly isn't gonna move unless anyone presses a button.
"Good thinking, Bishop." Jim headed east toward the Materials Processing area to see what, if anything, could be of use there.
Wrong floor. You're still on the generator level because the elevator is blocking the way down, remember?

"Nothin' we can do about that. Anyway the lift should be working so, let's rooooll."

Head to the elevator and meet up with the others.
You join Feyri and Jim as they stare down a big dark hole. You are being astoundingly useful, you're sure of it.

Mesk looked up, nervous as the atmosphere drained, but nodded at Bishop's words.
"Our pill-drunk friend is right.  I was thinking we block out all external noise, but draining the atmosphere works too.  Hey... if the power's still on that means there could be radios broadcasting the insanity noise.  If you guys hear anything over your coms that isn't someone's voice, switch it off, alright?"
Make sure that my radio link will only pick up signals from the rest of the team.  Check if the elevator's moving now.
[aux:4] You're fairly certain that the radio is safe, at least for now. You wander back out to the elevator room and find Feyri, Jim and Bishop all staring blankly down the elevator shaft. You sigh and press the down button on the elevator's control panel. The elevator shivers for an instant and then rises up to your floor. The doors of the elevator open a moment later, revealing a small elevator car containing several bodies. Huh.

Charro, looking a bit sheepish, stuffs his findings into his backpack along with the book and hurries after the rest, frowning to himself as he ponders whether or not to browse the datachip.
>Follow the main group.
You join the group sitting around in front of the elevator.

In accordance with my action: Examine Body.

Then examine my suit.

Which body? The dozens of dead ones or your own?

Your suit seems the same as it always has been, a grayish airtight spacesuit with light armor to prevent puncture or tearing from environmental hazards. It has your name printed on the chest, a metal helmet and faceplate and a heat exchange system on the back.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3049 on: May 24, 2012, 02:31:19 pm »

"Somehow, I'm not that confident about my suit. Where are our oxygen and breathing apparatuses, other than this heat stabilizer thingy."

It took about a couple of seconds for Feyri to realize that she had been talking to herself the whole time.

Then the doors opened.

Examine Bodies, those bodies in the elevator. Nevertheless,

"OH S-

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!"

TESLA SABRE > BODIES!

Attempt to speak to those bodies, then apply the above if nothing proves worthwhile.

"Who put these here?!" Feyri yelled. The issue on the Puddle came to mind a quick second later.

"Friend or foe! Speak off!"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 02:33:18 pm by Tiruin »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3050 on: May 24, 2012, 02:51:45 pm »

"'Scuse me, just be a moment." Jim shoved everyone out of the way and started hacking the bodies apart.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3051 on: May 24, 2012, 03:02:21 pm »

"Er, Feyri, Jim?  ...They're dead.  Um, let's just move these corpses out of the way for now."
Move the corpses out of the way, stay out of Jim's way, enter the elevator, wait for my team to follow me, and go down.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3052 on: May 24, 2012, 03:07:24 pm »

Feyri eyed Mesk with curiosity, oh right, he didn't see the data.

"Pseudo-life. We can't be sure. They may be animate.

Have to be sure.

Have to make sure."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3053 on: May 24, 2012, 03:14:57 pm »

(You missed a perfectly good 'They're dead Jim' opportunity there, Bones. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3054 on: May 24, 2012, 03:33:43 pm »

Bishop craned his neck to look the whole thing up and down and he mused out loud.

"It's like a big, metal birthday present... But instead of joy and happiness inside, it's just death and corpses... Still a surprise though, so that's something... Don't forget to pass out the pads Jimbo!"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3055 on: May 24, 2012, 03:44:41 pm »

(You missed a perfectly good 'They're dead Jim' opportunity there, Bones. XD)
(I thought I already made that joke?  Oh well.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3056 on: May 24, 2012, 05:58:25 pm »

"Somehow, I'm not that confident about my suit. Where are our oxygen and breathing apparatuses, other than this heat stabilizer thingy."

It took about a couple of seconds for Feyri to realize that she had been talking to herself the whole time.

Then the doors opened.

Examine Bodies, those bodies in the elevator. Nevertheless,

"OH S-

DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!"

TESLA SABRE > BODIES!

Attempt to speak to those bodies, then apply the above if nothing proves worthwhile.

"Who put these here?!" Feyri yelled. The issue on the Puddle came to mind a quick second later.

"Friend or foe! Speak off!"
"'Scuse me, just be a moment." Jim shoved everyone out of the way and started hacking the bodies apart.
Feyri steps into the elevator and looks over the corpses. They look rather like the other bodies you've seen around here, very dehydrated and frozen. She then spends the next several seconds screaming uselessly at a pile of corpses in a vacuum before charging in and slicing the bodies with a tesla sabre. Unfortunately, both the bodies and Feyri are on a metal floor. [end:6] She stands in the middle of the elevator as electricity arcs off from the elevator across her suit and directly into Jim.

[End:3]Jim spasms and then falls to the ground with a heavy metallic thud.

"Er, Feyri, Jim?  ...They're dead.  Um, let's just move these corpses out of the way for now."
Move the corpses out of the way, stay out of Jim's way, enter the elevator, wait for my team to follow me, and go down.
You push a rather dazed looking Feyri out of the way and grab the corpses, dragging them out one at a time.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3057 on: May 24, 2012, 06:04:13 pm »

Jim growled and pulled himself to his feet. "Let's just go." He got into the elevator - careful to keep his back in a corner where he could watch everyone else - and stared distrustfully at the corpses until the doors closed.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3058 on: May 24, 2012, 06:25:02 pm »

Mesk facepalmed at Feyri and Jim's antics.
"Are we done, here?  Can we get moving?  Or do you want to pile them up and make a big bonfire?  Er... forget I said that, we don't have time for you to make a bonfire.  Not like you could in a vacuum, anyway.  Hey, what were we talking about?  Oh right, the elevator, there's room in there now.  Let's go down.  Hey, what do you suppose all those guys were doing in the elevator when they died?  I guess they were caught with their helmets off when the atmosphere drained, they were probably just heading somewhere unimportant, right?"
He took a deep breath and entered the elevator, taking the opposite corner from Jim.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3059 on: May 24, 2012, 06:27:43 pm »

Laugh hard at the antics of Jim and feyri and then enter the elevator. Continue to snicker at both of them for the next half hour.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 1256