Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939512 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #3015 on: May 22, 2012, 09:16:56 am »

(I'm sure that's why Tiruin's doing it, but... not gonna work on me. :P I thought it was narmful. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: May 22, 2012, 11:17:50 am »

((Oh you people and your imagination.

Like I even know how that happened...  ;D))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3017 on: May 22, 2012, 11:20:17 am »

"Oooh... Shiny..."

Walk well around those bodies and check out that machine and determine what it does. Do NOT activate it.
You walk up to the machine and take good look at it. Judging by the label of "Matter Converter" you think it might convert matter.

Check out them bodies! Compare their looks to those I saw earlier.

Feyri began whistling in a most familiar tune to her, one that the mercenary corps would use in their spare time, both as a signal and as a recreational activity.

Something along the lines of "Twinkle, twinkle little star..."

"I wonder what actually wiped out everyone of them..."

These bodies seem to be the same as the others, dehydrated, frozen, gray skinned mummies. A few have minor injuries, mostly already bandaged up, but nothing fatal. You scavenge 3 data pads from their bodies before Jim gently pushes you out of the way and begins his grim work.

"'Scuse me." Jim started hacking the bodies up, then once Feyri was safely out of the way, melted them.
You kneel down over the bodies and begin the work of hacking them to pieces, your clever easily severing limbs and heads until there's nothing but a pile of gore and bits. You take a few steps back and look down at the pile, willing it to burn. [exotic:6+1+1] The resulting pillar of white hot force evaporates the bodies completely and raises the temperature in the room by several hundred degrees. Cardboard boxes burst into flame and thin metal crates warp and buckle. An instant later the fire suppression systems kick on and spray cold water over the hot metal, filling the air with steam. 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: May 22, 2012, 11:22:32 am »

Feyri continued her whistling, the tune was calming to her nerves. It was hot in here, but the steam wouldn't hurt too much if she kept to herself, exiting the room and reading the first datapad.

If possible, she reads them all.

"Three datapads. Perfect!"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: May 22, 2012, 11:34:46 am »

((You have found Matter Converter! Praise the teammates!))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3020 on: May 22, 2012, 11:53:06 am »

Feyri continued her whistling, the tune was calming to her nerves. It was hot in here, but the steam wouldn't hurt too much if she kept to herself, exiting the room and reading the first datapad.

If possible, she reads them all.

"Three datapads. Perfect!"
You leave the room and join Charro and Mesk in the hall, examining the contents of the datapads as you do. One of the pads seems to be full of records about the experiments taking place in the base, another is a journal, and the third doesn't seem to have anything relevant on it. You read the journal first. It details the life of one of the workers on the base. He lived in the scientist barracks and makes repeated complaints about how all the scientists seem to constantly be changing sexual partners and "Keeping at it" to all hours of the night. He makes it quite obvious that he finds it very unfair that the scientists should have such a free "relationship" amongst each other when he is stuck with only male co-workers.

After a while of completely banal happenings he begins talking about some sort of sickness amongst the scientists. At first he jokes that its probably some sort of super STD that their habits have spawned, but soon his tone becomes one of fear as the disease spreads, claiming the base's doctor and health staff, as well as most of the other crew. He and a few others decide to barricade themselves in the storage room and wait for the disease to run it's course. He makes mention of another group barricading themselves in the barracks and one man who is going to send a distress signal.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: May 22, 2012, 12:38:30 pm »

(Did you miss my action?)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3022 on: May 22, 2012, 01:12:04 pm »

(Did you miss my action?)
Oh, guess I did.
Mesk's eyes widened at the mention of unstoppable violence.  He hurried back to the rest of the team, and pulled Feyri aside.
"Hey, uh, you know Jim best, right?  Does he seem... paranoid, or persecuted, to you?  Because I found this medical report.  It says the next symptom after paranoia is violence.  And, well... you know.  Just keep an eye out, ok, and be ready to have to shut him down again.  You can use the panel on his back for that, right?
"I'm going back to the medical wing for now, let me know if his, condition, worsens."
Return to the medical wing and take a copy of the medical records.  Open the far door a crack and send my scouteye through.
You head back to the medial wing and copy the medical records into your wristpad before walking to the back door and opening it just a crack. [Aux:6+1] You set your scout eye down and attempt to pilot it into the room. You activate the drone and it shrieks off at high speed. You catch about a half a second view of the interior of the room before the drone crashes into the wall and explodes. Looks like a surgery room from what you can see.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: May 22, 2012, 01:40:14 pm »

((I'm assuming I managed to follow him?))

"Well done. I guess that's more effective than knocking... More seriously though, I have a bad feeling about what we're going to find."
Charro muttered to Mesk, taking a ready grip on the laser rifle as he eyed the door.
>Wait a moment and listen for any sounds from inside. If there are none, put down the book and step through the door with rifle raised and sweep the room.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: May 22, 2012, 01:55:20 pm »

"Cover me, Charro."
Enter the surgery room and take a good look around.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3025 on: May 22, 2012, 03:38:19 pm »

((I'm assuming I managed to follow him?))

"Well done. I guess that's more effective than knocking... More seriously though, I have a bad feeling about what we're going to find."
Charro muttered to Mesk, taking a ready grip on the laser rifle as he eyed the door.
>Wait a moment and listen for any sounds from inside. If there are none, put down the book and step through the door with rifle raised and sweep the room.
"Cover me, Charro."
Enter the surgery room and take a good look around.
(Your wristpads can read those datachips by the way)
Mesk and Charro crouch outside the surgery room for a few seconds, listening for anything. When nothing happens Charro drops his book, pocketing the datachip, and slips inside, followed by Mesk.

The two sweep the room quickly, looking for any sign of movement or aggression; the most aggressive thing they find are the surgical instruments.  The room is rather small, just the surgical bed and tools, life support and monitoring machines, and a crash cart and anesthetic cart. The table is empty but the tools are laid out as though a procedure was going to take place. Everything seems very clean and sterile, apart from the bloody footprints that the team is tracking in. A quick going over by the duo returns nothing of interest, at least mission wise. 

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3026 on: May 22, 2012, 03:50:26 pm »

"Hmm... You'd have more idea than I, but you'd think there'd be some records in here somewhere."
Charro began to search the place for any recordings of operations performed and such, with admittedly little regard for the equipment he shoves aside. Also of interest are the anaesthetics, which he shall pocket when he thinks Mesk isn't looking. At one point he has a brainwave, spotting the datachip slot on his wristpad, but thinks better of checking it out right now.
"Let's hurry up so we can get out of here... Then again, the prospect of going back to the others isn't too heartening either, but strength in numbers, I suppose."
>Search the place hurriedly for any records of what went on here, then surreptitiously grab some of the more 'interesting' medicines.

((Do our suits have any form of pocket on the outside, at all?))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: May 22, 2012, 04:01:24 pm »

(( AFAIR, you have backpacks with no defined capacity (except for the load having to be reasonable) on your backs. It was mentioned somewhere either in this or in that thread.
EDIT: Here it is:
You all have an implied bag/backpack thing to hold your inventory. Mainly because I don't care enough to micromanage carry weights and bags and stuff. There's actually a lot of implied things you have, like sample containers and your wristpad.
))
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 04:05:04 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: May 22, 2012, 04:05:52 pm »

"I already got medical records, but I'll keep looking."
Give the room one more look for medical records.  If nothing is found, return to the central area.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: May 22, 2012, 05:04:04 pm »

"Huh... Matter Converter? Why would they need one of those?"

Shrug and head back out to join up with Feyri. Have a look at the data pads as well when she's done with them.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 1256