Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3940742 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #2970 on: May 21, 2012, 11:00:11 am »

"I'll go first. That way if I see anything... wacky... nobody will be in my way." Jim climbed onto the ladder and moved down to the generator floor to vanguard.
"Huh, forgot we have to take the maintenance shaft. Jim, I'm following behind.

If nobody has any troubles with the first lineup, we're going with that."

Follow Jim.
Follow Feyri and keep an eye on Jim.
Follow Feyri, knife and cutting torch at the ready.
"Hey, Jim?  No hard feelings about the whole shutting you down thing, right?  I mean, you understand why I did it, right?"
Bishop stopped for moment before getting back off the ladder and letting the others pass him, before getting on again.

"That's totally funny maaan... I mean womaaaan... Yeah... Dude, look at those purples on that wall! It reminds me of a type IV carbohyrdon sequencer... Man that thing just didn't want to work..."

Let the others pass and just follow Mesk instead.
The squad heads down the ladder, all piling out onto the third level in a rough sort of mob like formation, sweeping your weapons about and wacking each other upside the head.

Feyri looked up after climbing down a few rungs to see the other three get on, at the same time. She chuckled before descending, "You know what would be funny? Weight limits."

(Quit giving the GM ideas!  You're going to get us all killed!)
((piecewise knows everything, but if he wants to kill us, he'll at least make it known.  :P))
I can introduce weight limits for just you if you want :P. But yeah, there aren't really any weight limits per say, least none that are really listed, but I'll still stop anything which seems stupid, like duel wielding weapons at the limit of your strength or carrying a million things.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: May 21, 2012, 11:04:03 am »

Light Amps > On

Search Generator room for anything fancy.

"So, Jim. What do you see?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: May 21, 2012, 11:29:49 am »

((piecewise, could you give us some guidelines on dual-wielding weapons? I mean, how heavy they should they be to be surely allowed to dual-wield them? Around half the strength of the user each?
Also, what is the point that marks the transition from the normally two-handed weapons to the effectively one-handed? Like that time when Milno had the gauss rifle in one hand and the lasrifle in the other (as far as I remember, he used them without penalties)? And like the Avatar of War easily wielding the coilgun one-handed which, actually, should've probably been a two-handed weapon for a normal person (without an exoskeleton, at the very least)? Do such weapons have to be specially designed to be used one-handed (by a giant and insanely strong hand, though) efficiently, or is it all about the user strength being several times the requitement of the weapon? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: May 21, 2012, 11:32:46 am »

((piecewise, could you give us some guidelines on dual-wielding weapons? I mean, how heavy they should they be to be surely allowed to dual-wield them? Around half the strength of the user each?
Also, what is the point that marks the transition from the normally two-handed weapons to the effectively one-handed? Like that time when Milno had the gauss rifle in one hand and the lasrifle in the other (as far as I remember, he used them without penalties)? And like the Avatar of War easily wielding the coilgun one-handed which, actually, should've probably been a two-handed weapon for a normal person (without an exoskeleton, at the very least)? Do such weapons have to be specially designed to be used one-handed (by giant and insanely strong hand, though) efficiently, or is it all about the user strength being several times the requitement of the weapon? ))

((Just my opinion, dual wielding weaponry is not practical at all in reality. However, this is the future, and there should obviously be strength and dexterity requirements to handle both. [Dexterity isn't that much used, yet we keep on tripping over our two feet!]

GM last word though.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: May 21, 2012, 11:43:43 am »

((Just my opinion, dual wielding weaponry is not practical at all in reality. However, this is the future, and there should obviously be strength and dexterity requirements to handle both. [Dexterity isn't that much used, yet we keep on tripping over our two feet!]))
((Of course dual-wielding is not practical in reality. The GM is not complaining about that per se, he is saying he'll stop things "like duel wielding weapons at the limit of your strength".))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: May 21, 2012, 11:51:55 am »

((Actually, I'm not so interested in actual dual-wielding, rather more in wielding guns one-handedly (leaving the other hand free for other important tasks such as smash xenos in close-combat or push the Big Red Button without ceasing fire for a moment). But I thought it might be for the good of HMRC to ask to clarify the whole option tree.
And yes, I just wanted to make sure if, as the battlesuit (and the AoW too) is more of a mech(a) than a powersuit, and a mech(a) (at least, by some sources - battletech series, for example) is able to bear armament in each 'hand' and still use all of it at top effectiveness, the same idea is applicable here or not. I mean, what is not practical for a mere human, might be practical for a several-ton colossus.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: May 21, 2012, 12:00:15 pm »

"Nothing yet, Fey. That's probably a good thing." Jim cycled through his modes, just in case, before going back to normal and activating his headlamps.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: May 21, 2012, 12:46:41 pm »

"Well, that's totally cool man... Hate to see you trippin' out and seeing zombies and shit. Follow me, I'll switch this floor back on and we can totally case this joint maaaan."

Head to the generator and switch the lights on, then pull up a map of this floor to plan our next moves.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2978 on: May 21, 2012, 12:50:35 pm »

Light Amps > On

Search Generator room for anything fancy.

"So, Jim. What do you see?"
You leave the group and head to the generator room, keeping your eyes open for anything fancy looking. Well, a lot of the stuff in the generator room does look fancy, but it also looks like it might be needed to use the generator...probably not the best idea to start prying out the monitors and stuff.

"Nothing yet, Fey. That's probably a good thing." Jim cycled through his modes, just in case, before going back to normal and activating his headlamps.
You cycle through the cameye modes and see nothing of interest, no movement or heat spikes or anything.

((Actually, I'm not so interested in actual dual-wielding, rather more in wielding guns one-handedly (leaving the other hand free for other important tasks such as smash xenos in close-combat or push the Big Red Button without ceasing fire for a moment). But I thought it might be for the good of HMRC to ask to clarify the whole option tree.
And yes, I just wanted to make sure if, as the battlesuit (and the AoW too) is more of a mech(a) than a powersuit, and a mech(a) (at least, by some sources - battletech series, for example) is able to bear armament in each 'hand' and still use all of it at top effectiveness, the same idea is applicable here or not. I mean, what is not practical for a mere human, might be practical for a several-ton colossus.))
When it comes to duel wielding or holding a rifle in one hand or something, the -1 comes from the difficulty in aiming as well as you can if holding it with two hands. Not so much the weight as the dexterity problem of it, since rifles are rather long and ungainly to fire unless you're steadying it. Things like battle suits and Avatars can duel wield it though because they're not as prone to problems with handling. same goes for anyone with synth arms. You could probably even simply learn to wield two rifles effectively through real combat experience fighting in such a way.

"Well, that's totally cool man... Hate to see you trippin' out and seeing zombies and shit. Follow me, I'll switch this floor back on and we can totally case this joint maaaan."

Head to the generator and switch the lights on, then pull up a map of this floor to plan our next moves.
You head to the generator room to turn the lights on when you realize you already did that. Huh. You call up a map of the floor regardless.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: May 21, 2012, 12:52:56 pm »

"Down another floor, now?" said Feyri, returning to the rest and turning off her light amps.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: May 21, 2012, 12:57:16 pm »

"Let's sweep this floor first. I'm heading to the Rec Room." Jim headed toward it to check it out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: May 21, 2012, 01:03:21 pm »

"I'm on the Storage. Blade first."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: May 21, 2012, 01:23:40 pm »

"Totally checking out storage. Might be useful stuff in there."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: May 21, 2012, 01:58:23 pm »

"Charro, want to watch my back?"
Head to Medical.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2984 on: May 21, 2012, 05:37:33 pm »

"Let's sweep this floor first. I'm heading to the Rec Room." Jim headed toward it to check it out.
You head to the rec room, pushing your way through a slightly stuck door that closes heavily behind you. This room looks much like the one on the ship, but cleaner and with newer looking computers and machines. There's a corpse on the ping pong table, and one laying near a VR machine, but not much else. As you look around you hear whispering from the elevator room.

"He's too dangerous, we have to get rid of him."

"We need to get that clever away from him."

" Next time he takes the lead, we'll all shoot him from behind."

"I'm on the Storage. Blade first."
"Totally checking out storage. Might be useful stuff in there."
You head to the door  and find it locked.

"Charro, want to watch my back?"
Head to Medical.
You walk to the door labeled "Medical" and inside find a relatively small room filled with a half dozen beds and a bevy of machines and cabinets filled with medical supplies. The nearly all the beds have their curtains drawn around them and the room seems very clean and tidy, almost unused. There is a door at the opposite end of the room.

Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 1256