Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942070 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #2940 on: May 20, 2012, 12:37:10 am »

Jim merely waited for Bishop to fix his arms, feeling annoyed but at least relieved that he was reactivated and if worse came to worse he could kill the zombies with his mind. One of the joys of being a psychic... he thought.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2941 on: May 20, 2012, 01:43:18 am »

"Alright, power is up for my level. Come on down and we'll check this place out. Jim, stay still and I'll come give you a hand."

Head back up and fix Jim's arms. Glare at Feyri for messing around with computers that she doesn't know how to use.
You head back up to the level above you-you're really starting to get tired of that ladder-and begin poking at Jim's electronic innards, scanning the display screen for what Feyri messed up. [Aux:3] You poke around for a few minutes and then close the panel with a smile.

"That," You say, staring at Feyri, "Is how you do it."

You pat Jim on the back and he falls forward, his legs now frozen in place as well.

'We might be better off keeping his arms disabled,' Charro thought, but wasn't about to say so outloud in front of Jim. Instead he gets ready to move on, tucking the book under one arm and gripping his rifle.
"Simple and odd indeed."

>Get ready to head down to the next level.
You mentally ready yourself to climb a ladder. You resist the urge to soil yourself in fear.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: May 20, 2012, 01:53:08 am »

"Hmm... Must be a different operating system than I thought. Hang on a sec."

Fix him up, for reals this time.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: May 20, 2012, 03:11:04 am »

"Hey, Jim. Could you use those new unblinking black eyes when we get down in the dark? Infrared with a touch of motion sensor, so we could actually know where you see these zombies you were hollering about?" Feyri said, in the nicest way possible as she gripped her Tesla Sabre - though not hard enough to actually activate it. That would just be stupid!

"So, we have three choices for the length of this ladder. First is the sixth floor, then the fifth, followed by the fourth, which I think we've just cleared. If you could the ground level as the first.

Where to?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: May 20, 2012, 09:36:29 am »

"Oh, hey Jim old buddy.  How are you feeling today?"
Follow the group, if they ever actually decide to go anywhere.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2945 on: May 20, 2012, 12:43:52 pm »

"Hmm... Must be a different operating system than I thought. Hang on a sec."

Fix him up, for reals this time.
[Aux:1] You dig back into Jim's circuits and attempt to re-enable his limbs. You stick your screw driver into his electronic guts and a moment later current arcs up your arm and straight into your chest. [End:4] You spasm and jerk away from Jim, falling heavily to the ground, still twitching.  Ow. You're pretty sure you just gave yourself a nice electrical burn and fried a good deal of flesh in your hand. [-1 to any rolls using the right hand until treated and healed] Jim's arms and legs remain frozen.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: May 20, 2012, 12:50:45 pm »

"FUCK! OW! Dammit!"

Bishop shakes his hand painfully and looks back at Jim.

"Computer, can you start Jim's legs and arms up remotely? I think I fried my hand a bit too much. Still, now that this place has atmosphere and proper temperature, it can get treated outside my suit, so that's something."

Ask Steve to start Jim up properly. See if Mesk can fix my hand up.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: May 20, 2012, 12:52:12 pm »

Feyri stared at the scene after witnessing the evolution of energy to the human body.

Wow. New ideas for her Tesla Sabre!

"Well, at least we have something to do now. Apologies Bishop, but I won't be treating that." She leaned forward to inspect the hand. "I'm not sure if you just burnt it, or if it is infected with an advanced case of tumor."

Vote for the fifth floor area's energy to be restored, enter in the data processing area first.

"Who's up for finishing this before anyone else gets badly maimed?"

Despite her empathy for the rest, Feyri felt the pangs of hopelessness within her. What if the whole team ended up this way? What could she do, without any visible enemies, her duty as a guardian was as good as fluff.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: May 20, 2012, 12:59:54 pm »

Check our Bishop's hand.  Treat it if I can.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: May 20, 2012, 01:18:36 pm »

"I say we start with the generator floor first. We should secure it so that we can be sure nothing will sabotage the generator and promptly try to kill us by exposing the base to space again. Also, we need to make sure that the power keeps running."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: May 20, 2012, 01:20:23 pm »

"On that generator that we visited, could we try to salvage a part of it? Like a back-up source if anything goes wrong? Jim could scan for movement, if anything did visit there but I don't know his capabilities.

But, alright. Generator floor first, then the fifth floor."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2951 on: May 20, 2012, 06:31:26 pm »

"FUCK! OW! Dammit!"

Bishop shakes his hand painfully and looks back at Jim.

"Computer, can you start Jim's legs and arms up remotely? I think I fried my hand a bit too much. Still, now that this place has atmosphere and proper temperature, it can get treated outside my suit, so that's something."

Ask Steve to start Jim up properly. See if Mesk can fix my hand up.
You send a command to Steve to reactivate Jim and then take the glove off your burnt hand, proffering the charred flesh to Mesk.

He gets a syringe from the kit and jams it into your hand. You're about to complain when the drugs hit. Woah man, the colors. [-1 to dex rolls, +1 to end]
Check our Bishop's hand.  Treat it if I can.
[Med:1+1+1]
You grab a syringe of pain killer from the Kit and jab it into the crispy flesh, injecting the entire thing. Yep, nothing like 5 times the normal dose of pain killer to cure what ails you.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: May 20, 2012, 08:06:10 pm »

((So many 1's! My god, there's so many!))

"Hwoaaah, that's a lot better. Feelin' kind of spacey though... Wheeeew, I think you gave me a bit too much there."

Bishop put's his glove back on and then teters over to the wall to lean up against it.

"I think I'm trippin' man. Mesk... You look... Rainbow..."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2953 on: May 20, 2012, 08:13:42 pm »

((So many 1's! My god, there's so many!))

"Hwoaaah, that's a lot better. Feelin' kind of spacey though... Wheeeew, I think you gave me a bit too much there."

Bishop put's his glove back on and then teters over to the wall to lean up against it.

"I think I'm trippin' man. Mesk... You look... Rainbow..."
At this point you receive a transmission.

>Reactivating the tin man.

And Jim suddenly goes limp before straightening up again, his limbs free of their bondage.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: May 20, 2012, 09:09:52 pm »

Jim got back to his feet. "Ugh. What did I miss? What happened?" He looked at the datapad in his hand, then around, waiting for answers.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 1256