Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942562 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: More mindf***ing goodness.
« Reply #2910 on: May 17, 2012, 08:47:00 am »

(Also, I've kind of been going out of my way to avoid attacking the team... >.>)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2911 on: May 17, 2012, 09:06:11 am »

Bishop looked to Charro.

"Well... Looks like it's down to you. What do you think? Should we power him up or carry him shut down?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2912 on: May 17, 2012, 09:52:33 am »

Charro hadn't raised his hand, being rather pre-occupied reading.
"Hm, what? Oh..." He looked over at the powered-down form of Jim, then watched Feyri's reaction to Mesk voicing his opinion.
"We-ell..." Charro slid the book closed with a soft thump, leaving the datachip in its original position, and thought it over.
'Sure, once you got past the faceless robotic shell, Jim was nice enough in our few moments of conversation. But I really really really don't want to die... He might just be the most dangerous thing that's even down here.'

"As much as I like Jim, Mesk does raise a good point. Look what he did to himself, trying to fight the 'zombies'. Now I know, our friend Jim would never consider doing anything to harm his team-mates, but it's obvious that whatever bad thing is down here is messing with his electronics far more than it is with us."
He frowned a bit uncertainly, glancing between the two opposing parties, for and against re-activating him.
"I have to say that, overall, I am opposed to taking the risk of a cleaver through the skull. We don't even know if there's anything down here other than us that needs cleaving! But still, if the two of you think reviving him is best... I um... Well, I'll just be staying well to the back of the group if you do."

This last part came out in a rush of words, and he grimaced a bit at himself. 'Now you've done it, Charro... Heck knows why they want to bring the robot so badly, but it's not going to end well. Shouldn't have agreed with them, but noo, you had to go with the majority.'

>Give a neutral vote on the 're-activate the robot' issue, and then stand around looking worried and listing the many reasons it's a bad idea.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 09:56:00 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2913 on: May 17, 2012, 09:59:02 am »

Bishop frowned at Charro's indesicion.

"Fat lot of help you are. Fine, due to majority rule, 2 for and 1 against with 1 coward, we start him up again. Computer, repower Jim up again. We're moving downwards and would rather not lug his metal ass around."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2914 on: May 17, 2012, 10:11:15 am »

(I had an idea. Try asking if they can also send an anti-virus program or whatever they did for Steve as well when they re-power Jim; that might fix the problem.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2915 on: May 17, 2012, 01:08:54 pm »

(I had an idea. Try asking if they can also send an anti-virus program or whatever they did for Steve as well when they re-power Jim; that might fix the problem.)
((Stop reading my mind!  :P))

Feyri sighed, they needed toughening up, but Charro was right in the sense that Jim- mighty as he was, could be infected by whatever caused Steve to shut his snarky mouth up.

"Steve, you listening? Who fixed you up there? Can you send in some electronic aid for our buddy, Jim? An anti-virus or at least a firewall?"

She turned towards the rest, her disappointment should not stop her from treating them like a team, for even she had worse mistakes.

"Right, next plan. When we get to the designated level, I'll lead the way, followed by either one of you who know how to use guns then our fleshtech. Jim should stay back, if he's activated or not. We will only attack him if reasoning won't help.

Remember, voice out your names if you see hostiles, or Jim. Or robots. Or a robotic hostile that looks like Jim."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 01:31:42 pm by Tiruin »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2916 on: May 17, 2012, 03:12:50 pm »

"Got it."
Follow Feyri's plan.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2917 on: May 17, 2012, 04:47:28 pm »

Name: Sakura-chan Uchiha Cullen
Appearance: A super sexy human who had cat ears and a tail implanted in his body. Likes wearing tight bikinis.
Personal information: Super Sexy. He has a passion for urinating.
Reason assigned to HMRC: peeing on his boss's desk.
Stats:
3Strength
3Dexterity
3Endurance
5Charisma
3Intelligence
3Willpower

Skills: 5 speech
Profession: mercenary
Actually, considering the fact that we're in the future and all...that...is in the distant past, she might actually just be really into history; like the Renaissance fair or civil war reenactors these days...with a passion for urination...oh dear.

Well, lets say he...she..its 18 for legality sake and that if they become too much of a disruption we'll feed them to Milno or something.

>rest of the posts
Seems like consensus here is to reactivate jim but do so with anti-virus or some such thing. Alrighty.

Bishop radios the order to restart jim but to also send down some anti-viral software with that command to steve and then the crew waits. Five minute later a familiar voice replies.

>Before I do that, one of you open up his back panel and put him into diagnostic mode. If there are abnormalities it will detect them and I can send the correct software. Just pry off the back cover, press the red startup button and select diagnostic; then tell me what it says.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2918 on: May 17, 2012, 04:54:46 pm »

((The notion of that as a renaissance reenactor is strangely hilarious for some reason.

Also goddamn, we have got to experiment more with our gear. Nobody told me Jim's got a diagnostic screen built in, and that sounds incredibly useful.

In fact, I think I'm gonna look into making diagnostic screens for our biologicals. Maybe little wristbands or something that list FINE, INJURED, BEING MINDRAPED and so on...))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2919 on: May 17, 2012, 04:55:59 pm »

((The notion of that as a renaissance reenactor is strangely hilarious for some reason.

Also goddamn, we have got to experiment more with our gear. Nobody told me Jim's got a diagnostic screen built in, and that sounds incredibly useful.

In fact, I think I'm gonna look into making diagnostic screens for our biologicals. Maybe little wristbands or something that list FINE, INJURED, BEING MINDRAPED and so on...))

((No one thought to check. Or ask.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2920 on: May 17, 2012, 05:05:04 pm »

((No one thought to check. Or ask.))
Like I said before, a great deal of pretty much everything is gonna be secret or at least not told to you. The world is like the missions, half the fun is being dropped in strange and unknown circumstances and having to figure things out.

Also, thats all the internet time I have for today. Rest assured though, even without the net I continue to work on the game, namely planning out the next mission and getting it all set up. Should be a good one ;)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2921 on: May 17, 2012, 05:14:25 pm »

Bishop follows Steve's directions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2922 on: May 18, 2012, 10:40:25 pm »

Like I said before, a great deal of pretty much everything is gonna be secret or at least not told to you. The world is like the missions, half the fun is being dropped in strange and unknown circumstances and having to figure things out.
((I should really keep more notes in mind for that sort of thing.))

Feyri smiled as Bishop moved to 'do the deal'.

"I wonder what else Steve has put into everyone with the robotic body. And...I guess we should start to notice our weaponry more. Most of them have knobs, dials and buttons that are unlabelled.

And no manual."

After giving Bishop a pat on the back, in a friendly way, she turns one of the dials of her Laser Rifle mentioned earlier.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2923 on: May 19, 2012, 01:08:23 am »

Bishop follows Steve's directions.
You run your gloved hands over jim's back until you find a small panel set in amongst the synthetic sinew. You pop it open and search around inside for the aforementioned button, finding it set rather far back and at an awkward angle. It takes a few minutes of jabbing about with a screwdriver to finally get it, but eventually you succeed and the display begins to list systems and their status.

>Skeletal system: Intact
>Musculature: Minor damage to left pectoral
>Sensory systems: Functioning.
>Internal performance limiters: online
>Life support systems:Functioning
>Brain-case: Secure
>Organic controller: Abnormalities detected.

((I should really keep more notes in mind for that sort of thing.))

Feyri smiled as Bishop moved to 'do the deal'.

"I wonder what else Steve has put into everyone with the robotic body. And...I guess we should start to notice our weaponry more. Most of them have knobs, dials and buttons that are unlabelled.

And no manual."

After giving Bishop a pat on the back, in a friendly way, she turns one of the dials of her Laser Rifle mentioned earlier.
You turn one of the dials on your laser rifle and look at it for a few seconds. It doesn't do much of anything-doesn't explode, fly, roll over, or become a death ray-but then again you haven't tried firing it yet.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2924 on: May 19, 2012, 01:11:08 am »

Mesk looks over Bishop's shoulder as he runs diagnostics.
"Ha!  I knew Jim was abnormal in the brain!  Also he's crazy.  For the record I still don't think turning him on is a good idea."
Pages: 1 ... 193 194 [195] 196 197 ... 1256