Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3944796 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim ushers everyone into the room, then stands guard at the door while waiting for the engineers to do their thing.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"How's it look down there Jim? See anything of interest?"

Bishop ducks back out into the elevator and climbs down to Jim's level, crawling through the hole in the door and walking up next to Jim.

"Ok, time for my bit. Let's have a looksee..."

Take a good long look over the generator for damage and malfunction, checking the schematics if need be. Then repair any damage and run a diagnostic to see if there's anything wrong.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Assist Bishop, being as helpful as possible.  If I have a "good idea", ignore it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Assist Bishop, being as helpful as possible.  If I have a "good idea", ignore it.
((Try using your head. Thumbs up afterwards.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

((Truly scary idea that just hit me: GM: Are our suits mechanical and controlled by technology? Or are they [MK I] just suit-suits?))

Feyri scanned the Generator room with her light amps once more, to be sure of no hostiles lurking in the place. "So...anyone want to rig up the lights? Or search for bugs or viruses first? Or a maniacal AI that downed this place? Just putting all cards on the table. We can't be too careful in this deathly atmosphere."

She then moves to the doorway, holding her Laser Rifle, ready to fire at anything that would attack the five, since it is loaded.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:23:56 pm by Tiruin »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Operation Overlord, anyone?))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Heh, my sentiments exactly. But I (Feyri) did not see the face so I can't know of that unless someone tells me. I've been facing the other way, staring at the hallway behind us leading to the elevator until someone shoved me in with them.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile

((Heh, my sentiments exactly. But I (Feyri) did not see the face so I can't know of that unless someone tells me. I've been facing the other way, staring at the hallway behind us leading to the elevator until someone shoved me in with them.))

((OO was quite disturbing, especially that crashed Geth ship base. Just walking along a hall and out of nowhere, it comes up on one of the windows with its -slightly terrifying- cry. And you don't know which ones it'll pop up on...))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"Good idea, Feyri. We can't be too careful." Taking into account her theory of a maniacal AI, Jim shut down all of his wireless data ports and similar things to that, leaving only his coms and what was necessary for survival and operation online.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Jim ushers everyone into the room, then stands guard at the door while waiting for the engineers to do their thing.
You take up a guard position at the door while the engineer types wander in and start doing what you're sure are very technical and difficult things. Sure, it looks like they're just hitting buttons and then scratching their big stupid heads, but thats just an illusion.

"How's it look down there Jim? See anything of interest?"

Bishop ducks back out into the elevator and climbs down to Jim's level, crawling through the hole in the door and walking up next to Jim.

"Ok, time for my bit. Let's have a looksee..."

Take a good long look over the generator for damage and malfunction, checking the schematics if need be. Then repair any damage and run a diagnostic to see if there's anything wrong.
You take a good look at the generator, scanning for possible damage or malfunction. [Aux:4] You're fairly certain that nothing, at least nothing you see, is broken. It looks like they just shut the generator down for some reason.

[Aux:5+1] You walk up behind bishop has he checks over the connections to the generator and assault him with your knowledge. "Yeah, yeah, it's busted alright. See that there? Thats a type b coupler. They don't make those anymore. Gonna have to order a custom; not cheap, not cheap. The UWM will cover that though, right? Yeah, they'll cover that."

((Truly scary idea that just hit me: GM: Are our suits mechanical and controlled by technology? Or are they [MK I] just suit-suits?))

Feyri scanned the Generator room with her light amps once more, to be sure of no hostiles lurking in the place. "So...anyone want to rig up the lights? Or search for bugs or viruses first? Or a maniacal AI that downed this place? Just putting all cards on the table. We can't be too careful in this deathly atmosphere."

She then moves to the doorway, holding her Laser Rifle, ready to fire at anything that would attack the five, since it is loaded.
You head down with the rest of the group and set yourself up to defend the door.

"Good idea, Feyri. We can't be too careful." Taking into account her theory of a maniacal AI, Jim shut down all of his wireless data ports and similar things to that, leaving only his coms and what was necessary for survival and operation online.
You shut down everything except your most basic systems and the coms, hopefully severing yourself from any sort of hostile AI presence.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Bishop scratched his head, then remembered that he was in a suit so stopped.

"This is odd. As far as I can tell, there's nothing wrong with the generator. It's just been... Shut down."

Bishop turned around and raised an eyebrow.

"Why the hell would they want to do that? Anyway, I can turn this sucker on, but I'm not sure if that might be the best idea. They turned it off for a reason I reckon, so... Yeah... What now?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

"That's... disturbing. Is there any way to control where the generator routes the power? If we could just bring the lights online, that's all we need for now. The rest of it can stay off-line until we've done some investigating," Jim said.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"I'll have a look, but don't get your hopes up. I'm an engineer, not a code monkey."

Check to see if I can just power up the lights without anything else. Also check to see if I can do the same for the doors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Just came across the OP again: "All weapons come with 1 magazine/battery of ammunition." So it means I have a loaded Laser Rifle and an extra 'ammo clip' then?))

"Hey, is Steve alright? We had no response to him for about a while, and I know he responds to anything we ask, even through snark.

Much snark. "
She remembered the 'Attachment song' that was played when she '[WOUNDED]' her leg in the first mission. Feyri stifled a shudder at how annoying and humorously tormenting it was.

"Bah, I'll do it."

"This is Feyri Nirel, Steve. Do you have knowledge of the security systems of this area? Automaton Guards, electric traps, airlocked doors, red self-destruct button with an ominous female voice...you know? The usual. And an emphasis on the automatons, mechanical guardians aren't a happy sight."
She fingered the handle of her Tesla Sabre. She hoped they did conduct electricity well.

Wait, there was Jim. She made a mental note to keep the blade away from him at all times, including the others.

Ask Steve the above.

Then High-five Jim for apparently no reason. With my free hand.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((@Tiruin: Why are your characters high-fiving people for no reason?
Also GM, does the team have a time limit this time? I may have forgot it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 1256