Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3942394 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Yeah, you do have a point there. If the AI got infected from those files we sent, that's its own damn fault and not ours. And even if something went wrong somehow, they have plenty of more skilled people than us to take care of it."

Bishop looked over to the rest of the group.

"What do you think guys? Think that we might be getting jammed? It's a distinct possibility, but I don't know how they knew when to start jamming and why they weren't doing it when we landed... Head inside or bail out?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charro, also, looks over to the more experienced team members, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes... Is 'bailing out' usually an option on these missions? Somehow I got the distinct impression that it wasn't. Not sure why, exactly, it may have been something to do with the 'cannon fodder' part of the job description."
>Keep rifle at the ready, try and spot the shuttle and/or ship in the distance.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"I COULD try to... you know... sort of hotwire the ship and tell it to fly us back if need be. Odds are the owners aren't gonna be happy but it's an option."

Bishop shuffled uncomfortably.

"But it's probably not going to be easy to do that. They probably have inbuilt defenses and firewalls for that sort of thing, but it's still an option."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"Considering that for all we know the ship is destroyed, I say we might as well keep going.  Hopefully we'll get a response soon, but if not, well... I mean, it's not like we have anything to gain by going back, in any situation."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 01:32:23 am by Remalle »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

>Damn it, Jim,Bishop, what part of "Quarantine" don't you get? And what part of sending me strange files without warning seemed like a good idea? I get all your transmissions as a single data packet you know, just a bunch of audio files, it makes it very hard to know if you're sending me crap unless you give me a bit of warning.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"Oh, well, I guess that answers that question.  Good to have you back, Control.  And lesson learned; next time we'll just carry the stuff with us instead of beaming it up.  Ok?  Now that that hilarious misadventure is over, shall we keep moving?"

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Oh there you are. You had us worried for a bit. You getting infected looked a bit... well, to be honest with you, sloppy of you. You have to expect this sort of thing when you tell us to get all the files we can from said quarantine zone. Do we look like code monkeys? NO. Do we have a programming suite in our suit computers? NO, but that would be pretty cool now that I think of it. We just did what you told us to, send you all relevant files in this place that might hold some interest."

Bishop rolled his eyes for a moment before resuming.

"How the hell are we meant to know if a file is infected or not, Jim just heard strange noises so we thought it best for you to look over it and tell us what you could. Now that we have this behind us, we can get back to doing something productive. Guys, you want this door done the quick and messy way, or the slow but resealable way?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"Oh there you are. You had us worried for a bit. You getting infected looked a bit... well, to be honest with you, sloppy of you. You have to expect this sort of thing when you tell us to get all the files we can from said quarantine zone. Do we look like code monkeys? NO. Do we have a programming suite in our suit computers? NO, but that would be pretty cool now that I think of it. We just did what you told us to, send you all relevant files in this place that might hold some interest."

Bishop rolled his eyes for a moment before resuming.

"How the hell are we meant to know if a file is infected or not, Jim just heard strange noises so we thought it best for you to look over it and tell us what you could. Now that we have this behind us, we can get back to doing something productive. Guys, you want this door done the quick and messy way, or the slow but resealable way?"
A few minutes after sending your reply you suddenly collapse to the ground and spasm in pain, twitching uncontrollably as electricity burns through your nervous system. [end:3] You manage not to swallow your own tongue or vomit in your helmet. Just barely though.

>I told you to gather  them, not to send them to me. I hope that little misunderstanding is clear now?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Mesk raises his hand, grinning slightly.
"Ok, who else saw that coming?"

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile

Ivan, despite not even being there, manages to raise his hand in spirit.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Still groaning a bit, Bishop still manages to smile.

"Pfeh, thanks for saying I'm right. Now, to work I suppose."

Use the kit to pry the panel off and see if I can unlock the door bolts do we can open the door by hand. If that has no chance, find the bolts and see if I can reach them with the cutter.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Still groaning a bit, Bishop still manages to smile.

"Pfeh, thanks for saying I'm right. Now, to work I suppose."

Use the kit to pry the panel off and see if I can unlock the door bolts do we can open the door by hand. If that has no chance, find the bolts and see if I can reach them with the cutter.
You pry the panel off and look inside. You could probably open the door like this if the panel had power, but sadly it does not. As per the bolts holding the door in place, they must be recessed and hidden deep in the door and the wall it's attached too.

(the door looks something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

Check all over the door for the thinnest point. Then check the map for thin walls that might offer a better way to cut in.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Check all over the door for the thinnest point. Then check the map for thin walls that might offer a better way to cut in.
You consult the map, looking for place to cut when you notice that, around the back of the entrance building, is something marked "Emergency Manual Door Override". Huh.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Well, its a good as a place to start as any. Come on you lot."

Head around to the override, check it for traps and then activate it and head back to the door. Get ready for anything that might come out.
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 1256