Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941858 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3: P-box
« Reply #2565 on: May 09, 2012, 11:10:30 pm »

Feyri turned to Charro with a concerned look. "Erm, that was just a speculation. We need to think about these things on the field other than ignoring them, to keep alert. Well, that is what I know as a merc.

"Though, the idea does sound worrying now that I think of it. We'll be safe anyway."

She remembered the self-destruct module.

"Very safe."

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: May 09, 2012, 11:13:24 pm »

(Feyri is the worst morale-booster...)

"Are you done repairing the transmitter?  Got anything else we need to do?  Suits clear of horrible death?  Let's go."
Get ready to leave once everyone else is done.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: May 09, 2012, 11:13:54 pm »

Jim looked over at Charro. "Relax. If something got inside his suit, it would have had to have been through a hole. He wouldn't have survived long enough to take off his helmet because all of his air would have went out through it."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2568 on: May 09, 2012, 11:14:09 pm »

Jim shrugs expansively. "That last file was... odd. Plug me back in."

Once Jim is plugged back into the antenna, he tries to broadcast the message to Steve, to see if he can analyze it for any hidden messages or meanings.
"Didn't you listen? The computer just told us to head inside the base. Pay attention. If you want to transmit that file back to the computer Jim, I'll do it. Hold still."

Bishop turned to face Feyri for a moment.

"If it was inside his suit, then how did it get inside in the first place? I don't see any holes in it. Still, if it wanted to kill him, there are faster and more efficient ways than decompression. So stop scaring Charro."

Plug Jim back in and send a message to Steve containing the sound file asking him to analyse it and that I found it in the transmitter along with 2 other sound files. Tell him that I also only had Jim hear all the files incase of mind rape episodes, so he might want to take some precautions as well.
You plug back in and get in connection with Steve.

"Hey steve, We found a weird audio file. I'm gonna upload it to you."

You load up the files and send them, waiting in silence for a reply. After a few minutes have passed the other line clicks on with a high pitched squeal, a burst of static and then nothing.

Feyri just stood by, tapping the trigger of her rifle with her finger. She wouldn't obviously fire it, due to her training. Safety was off though, in making sure of their safety if anything would go wrong. Her blade hung just at the side.

She looked at Bishop, then at everyone in general after the corpse. "Careful everyone. We don't want anything ripping or cutting our suits, even if it may be just debris."

She waited for a few and then chuckled to herself. "Heh, random idea. Maybe that guy was attacked from the inside of his suit, and led him to take off his helmet."

Raise morale. Turn on Light Amps. Examine the room, especially the ceiling.
You attempt to raise moral by explaining that maybe the guy didn't kill himself. Maybe he just took his helmet off in a moment of pain and terror trying to escape from something attacking him inside his suit! You guess by their sudden twitchy, itchy looks that it's working.

You activate your light amps and look at the ceiling. It's a flat metal thing that stops things from falling into the room.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: May 09, 2012, 11:16:20 pm »

Examine position in relation to Jim and the rest, am I the closest to the door, or closest to Jim?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: May 09, 2012, 11:17:11 pm »

"Let's go. Steve will respond once he has something," Jim said, unplugging himself and going to the door. I hope, anyway. "Everyone ready? Then on me."

Jim leads the way toward the main base.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: May 09, 2012, 11:22:22 pm »

"Well, it's not like we didn't know that something bad happened to this place. We just need to find out exactly what. ...And try not to have the same thing happen to us, naturally."
Charro watches Jim and Bishop expectantly, although he remains silent for now. He's mainly just trying not to look at the dead body, no-doubt killed by hundreds of tiny, poisonous little mites that got into his suit, too small for the eye could see, oh god they could be anywh-- He shook his head to clear it, sighed, and got ready to follow.
"Finally. This place really does give me the creeps."

>Bring up the rear of the party as before, keeping an eye out for any horrible, unspeakable things creeping up on us. Also, glance over to make sure the shuttle's still there.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: May 09, 2012, 11:24:51 pm »

Feyri follows Jim, taking second place to the pointman, keeping both hands on her rifle.

"Everyone ready for the atmospheric push to the base? Charro, how are your nerves? One tip for a good battle, don't panic and go trigger happy. Analyze the situation with your sub-conscious and calm down. Rage never helps any fighter, both in the archaic era and now." She said in a cheery tone, then faced the exit. "Let's do this."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: May 09, 2012, 11:31:06 pm »

((Oh shit, I just killed our AI, didn't I?))

Bishop looks at the others next to him.

"Well... That didn't go down well."

He then toggles back into the transmitter to talk to Steve again.

"Computer, what happened? Don't tell me you just infected yourself with a virus."

Shrugging, Bishop just decides to leave it.

"Fuck it. Let's just go. If theres a problem back on the ship, they have more than enough people on board to fix it."

Try to contact Steve again for a response, then head out in the center of the group towards the entrance of the base.

((EDIT: Maybe I didn't on second thought. We might just be getting jammed from something in the base.))
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:40:21 pm by Zako »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2574 on: May 09, 2012, 11:51:28 pm »

((Oh shit, I just killed our AI, didn't I?))

Bishop looks at the others next to him.

"Well... That didn't go down well."

He then toggles back into the transmitter to talk to Steve again.

"Computer, what happened? Don't tell me you just infected yourself with a virus."

Shrugging, Bishop just decides to leave it.

"Fuck it. Let's just go. If theres a problem back on the ship, they have more than enough people on board to fix it."

Try to contact Steve again for a response, then head out in the center of the group towards the entrance of the base.

((EDIT: Maybe I didn't on second thought. We might just be getting jammed from something in the base.))
You attempt to contact Steve and get nothing in response. Oh, that's not good.

Feyri follows Jim, taking second place to the pointman, keeping both hands on her rifle.

"Everyone ready for the atmospheric push to the base? Charro, how are your nerves? One tip for a good battle, don't panic and go trigger happy. Analyze the situation with your sub-conscious and calm down. Rage never helps any fighter, both in the archaic era and now." She said in a cheery tone, then faced the exit. "Let's do this."
"Well, it's not like we didn't know that something bad happened to this place. We just need to find out exactly what. ...And try not to have the same thing happen to us, naturally."
Charro watches Jim and Bishop expectantly, although he remains silent for now. He's mainly just trying not to look at the dead body, no-doubt killed by hundreds of tiny, poisonous little mites that got into his suit, too small for the eye could see, oh god they could be anywh-- He shook his head to clear it, sighed, and got ready to follow.
"Finally. This place really does give me the creeps."

>Bring up the rear of the party as before, keeping an eye out for any horrible, unspeakable things creeping up on us. Also, glance over to make sure the shuttle's still there.
"Let's go. Steve will respond once he has something," Jim said, unplugging himself and going to the door. I hope, anyway. "Everyone ready? Then on me."

Jim leads the way toward the main base.
Examine position in relation to Jim and the rest, am I the closest to the door, or closest to Jim?
Jim leads the party out of the transmitter room and across the empty gray wasteland to the entrance of the base. The door into the base is shut tight and the control pad beside it is dead.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Looks like it's shut tight. Did the sound files say anything about this?"

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

"Guys... judging by that sound, I'd guess you just killed Mission Control.  Way to go.  Er... Jim, did you notice any side effects of the noise that killed Control?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Report from the on-ship thread. The Armory Master just untied her hair and left her room and Steve is not answering. Shit is going down. I wish you luck, because the fight inside the ship won't net us any tokens.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"Hey! We just did what we were ordered to! We found relevant files and sent them back to the ship, all according to orders! It's not my fault if the AI is stupid enough to let itself get infected with a virus. How was I supposed to know that would happen?"

Bishop plants his hands on his waist and looks over the door.

"So. Do we bail out of the mission, possibly getting shot when we return with nothing, or go onward. I have a few ideas to get around this door, but I'm not opening it unless we all agree."
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 12:14:22 am by Zako »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charro frowned, listening to all this worrying news, then spread his hands (letting the rifle hang from his shoulder by a strap) and attempted to be sensible.
"Whoah whoah whoah, hold on- What you're saying is, those files you sent back killed mission control somehow wiped out the ship or something?" He smirked a little behind his faceplate. Tiny, invisible bugs of death crawling through his protective suit seemed a harsh, inevitable reality; the ship being taken out by a few recordings was utterly incredible.
"You're telling me, that a war-ready HMRC ship, sanctioned by the government, equipped with the latest in cutting-edge technology and capable of producing things like Jim here," He waved towards the imposing figure of the cyborg as he went on, "Somehow couldn't handle a few files off the old mainframe here?"
He shook his head, then shrugged. "Please. Even if we did survive flying back to the ship, we'd get laughed at. And shot. Possibly not in that order. The ship is fine, we're just getting jammed or something. I say we continue."

Even as he finished speaking, though, Charro glanced unsurely back towards the reassuring sight of the shuttle, and beyond that for any sign of the ship.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 1256