Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941579 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3:Gearing up
« Reply #2445 on: May 08, 2012, 02:36:56 pm »

Jim decides while waiting to examine Feyri, taking into account her height, shape, eye color, hair color, mannerisms, and Charisma stat to determine her place on the 1 to 10 scale. (Use Faith as a 7 and the Armory Master as a 6 to determine reference points.)

(Edit to add in references.)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:39:38 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: May 08, 2012, 02:42:55 pm »

(Use Faith as a 7 and the Armory Master as a 6 to determine reference points.)[/b]
((Do you think the armory master is actually lower on the scale than Faith? I kind of doubt it.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: May 08, 2012, 02:43:39 pm »

((I saw that :3))

Practice my whistling while waiting. Which I can do.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: May 08, 2012, 02:45:03 pm »

(@Caellath: Yes. All people start at 5 before modifiers set in. Both AM and Faith have green eyes, so they go up to 6. But from there, Faith's red hair > AM's black hair. I don't know AM's charisma stat but I do know Faith has a 5 in that as well. :3)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: May 08, 2012, 02:46:53 pm »

((AM was described as ludicrously attractive, as I recall. Probably been pumping Cha from all those successful missions.

I mean, probably been pumping everything, if a goddamned +5 to Dex is anything to go by, but most immediately obviously Cha.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: May 08, 2012, 02:49:02 pm »

(Hey, everybody has different standards. :P Besides, Charisma might not mean attractiveness; it might just be force of personality. For example, I need to pump Jim's CHA stat to use better amps but it's not like his robot body is going to get any more attractive or anything.)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: May 08, 2012, 02:51:44 pm »

(@Caellath: Yes. All people start at 5 before modifiers set in. Both AM and Faith have green eyes, so they go up to 6. But from there, Faith's red hair > AM's black hair. I don't know AM's charisma stat but I do know Faith has a 5 in that as well. :3)
((Dude, it must be a flowing, pitch black straight hair. The AM was described as very, very attractive.

Also, amps don't use CHA.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: May 08, 2012, 02:55:13 pm »

10   Neural Connector Psychokinetic Amplifier
   Ammo:NA
   Range: +1 short 0 medium -1 long
   Stat Requirement: 12 Willpower 8 Charisma
   Description: This is basically a field manipulator tuned specifically to interact with the neural tissue of most known xenobiological archetypes. This lets the user manipulate the neurochemistry of enemies, implanting suggestions,memories, emotions and other such neurological phenomena. It also allows the user to tap into and experience the memories and emotions of said enemies. Useful for subtly convincing your enemies to shoot each other or learning the lay out of an area using the memories of its protectors. Something to keep in mind: In order for this Amp to allow the user to access the memories and emotions of a target, it temporarily converts sections of the user's brain into replicas of the target's. This process is usually safe, but the weak willed my experience a feedback effect and have their original neurochemistry overridden.

15   Organochemistry Overrider Psychokinetic Amplifier
   Ammo:NA
   Range: +1 short 0 medium -1 long
   Stat requirement: 15 Willpower 12 Charisma
   Description: An upgraded version of the Neural Connector that allows the user to freely manipulate the body chemistry of the target. A boring man would simply stop the target's heart or melt their brain, while a clever man could hijack an alien's body and pilot it around or even completely rewrite their brains and turn them into passive drones. Feedback with this Amp tends to have rather messy results.

(Two do; in fact they're the ones that specifically mess with other people rather than matter. And black hair is still only second best, just before brown and right after red. >.>)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: May 08, 2012, 02:56:32 pm »

(Hey, everybody has different standards. :P Besides, Charisma might not mean attractiveness; it might just be force of personality. For example, I need to pump Jim's CHA stat to use better amps but it's not like his robot body is going to get any more attractive or anything.)
((True.))

((Dude, it must be a flowing, pitch black straight hair. The AM was described as very, very attractive.

((It has just now occurred to me- what if AM had to rebuild her body for some reason (and through some method we're not aware of), so figured why not make it attractive?

Not that she's been described as inhumanly attractive or anything, but it would help explain 27 missions "without a scratch."))

(Two do; in fact they're the ones that specifically mess with other people rather than matter. And black hair is still only second best, just before brown and right after red. >.>)
((Not a fan of blondes? :P))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2454 on: May 08, 2012, 02:58:22 pm »

Jim decides while waiting to examine Feyri, taking into account her height, shape, eye color, hair color, mannerisms, and Charisma stat to determine her place on the 1 to 10 scale. (Use Faith as a 7 and the Armory Master as a 6 to determine reference points.)

(Edit to add in references.)
Great. My RTD has fallen to the point that I'm sitting here using a calculator to assess exactly how much of a robot boner one character gives another. This is how F.A.T.A.L. started, I just know it :P

Feyri is a woman of five feet tall with a slim build, long, dark brown hair and amber eyes. She seems cheerful and always willing to help, if a bit clingy and occasionally dense. She seems fairly average as far as sheer animal magnetism goes.

The number is up to you to decide.

((AM was described as ludicrously attractive, as I recall. Probably been pumping Cha from all those successful missions.

I mean, probably been pumping everything, if a goddamned +5 to Dex is anything to go by, but most immediately obviously Cha.))
Actually, she only has a +5 to Unconventional and Exotic weapons. She never even used a dex roll because she never moved.

I dunno, maybe all those bundles of black cord like stuff that make up his muscles will start to look Phallic or something :P

Some do actually. The Neural Connector Psychokinetic Amplifier and the Organochemistry Overrider Psychokinetic Amplifier need Charisma to function because they basically allow you to do what the Commune did to everyone.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: May 08, 2012, 02:59:41 pm »

((I forgot some used CHA. Wow, the GM's answer was actually more tame than what I expected.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2456 on: May 08, 2012, 03:02:02 pm »

((I forgot some used CHA. Wow, the GM's answer was actually more tame than what I expected.))
Feyri may have carried a corpse around, but at least she didn't go all "To catch a predator" like faith :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: May 08, 2012, 03:03:42 pm »

(@Irony: Yeah, she might have got Jim'd in the first mission, saved up enough tokens over the next two to get her current body, and then did 27 easily. :3 And nope! I mean blondes are all right, but, y'know. >.>

@Piecewise: XD Yeah, OK. I'll do the roll myself. 5 with no modifiers for appearance, +1 for personality, with 1 being minus 3 and 6 being plus 3 to represent Jim's likes/dislikes vs mine: 5.)

Jim rates Feyri an 8 on the scale and turns his attention back to waiting for the briefing.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: May 08, 2012, 03:04:50 pm »

Great. My RTD has fallen to the point that I'm sitting here using a calculator to assess exactly how much of a robot boner one character gives another. This is how F.A.T.A.L. started, I just know it :P
((This is going in the sigpile. :P))

Actually, she only has a +5 to Unconventional and Exotic weapons. She never even used a dex roll because she never moved.
((Ah, my bad.

...Unconventional and Exotic? God damn.))

I dunno, maybe all those bundles of black cord like stuff that make up his muscles will start to look Phallic or something :P
((Erik looked pretty attractive, didn't he? In a creepy soulless doll kind of way.))

Feyri may have carried a corpse around, but at least she didn't go all "To catch a predator" like faith :P
((...I am now curious and horrified as to how Faith's descriptive block would read.

"She's cowardly, somewhat unobservant and a rampant pedophile, but at least cares about her teammates in theory."))

Jim rates Feyri an 8 on the scale and turns his attention back to waiting for the briefing.
((Requited love at last! :P))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: May 08, 2012, 03:07:30 pm »

((I was mentioning the answer about Feyri's looks, but I may not have understood your point anyway. Well.))
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 03:15:27 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 1256