Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3938819 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Less molestery. A lot less molestery.
« Reply #2340 on: May 07, 2012, 11:02:36 pm »

"Did the church just fade away or was there a war? Also, what happened to their technology after the war?" Thomas asked.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: May 07, 2012, 11:03:23 pm »

Possibly. Does that mean I can fly as well?

Yeah, I think I'll go for a MkIII.
((Yeah, you can fly. Now, thanks to my pay I can ditch the MkIII and get a battlesuit and a weapon to boot. Or maybe keep the MkIII due to the dodging abilities and get a better weapon. I'll see.))
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:05:12 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2342 on: May 07, 2012, 11:12:14 pm »

OK people, we're starting signups for the third mission. Bishops got the first seat because I promised him, but the other 4 are open.

Also, everyone who was on the mission, go ahead and level up. Just tell me where you want the points to go please, (1 to dicking around, 2 to fucking about, 5 to dying) don't repost your whole sheet with them added on or anything.

Faith froze as she remembered the clearing.

"No. Definitely not. That part was just a misunderstanding. And, yes hallucinations, but only caused by the hallucination-causing clearings that contained memories or something. Nothing on my own!"
(you got the full 5)
The voice is silent for a long time.
"Tell us exactly what happened."

(Bahaha, "desire to copulate".  Is my token total taking into account the tools I already have, or do I keep them in addition to those eight tokens?)
Unless you say to turn them in, you don't. So thats 8 and you keep the tools.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mason quietly listens to the briefing, interested in the contents.

"My apologies for interrupting, but may I ask what is an UMW ship?

Also, where do those fungus things come into play?"

>UWM not UMW. United Worlds of Man, it's the government you're part of, remember?

As per the "Fungus", that was the Commune, or parts of it at least. The secondary anomalies were probably pieces of the commune that broke off from the whole. Their actions and the things they created with those Field Manipulators were erratic because they were just a fractured piece of dozens or hundreds of minds. The man you spoke to was no doubt the largest part of the commune that still remained intact.

"Uh, can you guys let me up?"
One of the men looks down at you and then gestures to someone you can't see.
"Do you remember anything after the Cyborg named Erik took you?" he asks as someone starts drawing blood from your arm and another waves some sort of beeping scanner over your chest.

desire to copulate, etc?"
((CHILDREN!))

Milno sighed. Well, back to business.
Milno went to the armory and turned over both razors, the kinetic amp and the laser rifle he was carrying around. Which left him with Ivan's Rifle and Feyri's Sabre.

((I'll return the Gauss rifle to Ivan as soon the people allow him to leave.))

I'M RICH, BEYOTCH! I assume I was paid for the box taken by the scientists?
((You actually got the same pay as Milno on his first mission :V Going for a MkIII as well?))

You turn in your extra weapons and the armory master hands you 5 tokens for a total of 12.

Is that an official order?

"Did the church just fade away or was there a war? Also, what happened to their technology after the war?" Thomas asked.

>Advocating to turn people into genetically modified creatures when the human race nearly lost a war to such things resulted in its swift vanishing. As per it's technology, it still exists but is outlawed, along with almost all other forms of genetic manipulation. We don't want another Altered war.

((Yeah, you can fly. Now, thanks to my pay I can ditch the MkIII and get a battlesuit and a weapon to boot. Or maybe keep the MkIII due to the dodging abilities and get a better weapon. I'll see.))
Remember, you won't get paid as much for a used suit. Probably half. Still, it's 6 token.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: May 07, 2012, 11:15:39 pm »

"Nope"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: May 07, 2012, 11:20:47 pm »

Remember, you won't get paid as much for a used suit. Probably half. Still, it's 6 token.
((No problem, I had decided to keep it because of the dodging bonus. And flying is very helpful.
STATS: +2 to endurance, +3 to dex
As for the Skills, I noticed they are wrong on the sheet. They are supposed to be this way, and I am adding the new ones as well.))
Milno went to the infirmary to get his leg reattached. The hard way (flesh leg), because the first team of the next mission would also probably fail miserably.
"Hey Bastards. Let the fresh blood try their luck this time."

Edit: OOps, fixed my stats. 2 points for endurance, not strength.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:26:33 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: May 07, 2012, 11:28:06 pm »

((Theoretically, if I picked the mechanical leg, could Milno join in the next mission?

I am considering it.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2346 on: May 07, 2012, 11:30:02 pm »

"Nope"
One of the doctors holds your eye open and looks into it with a powerful light. The thing they're waving above you to beeps urgently and the doctors back away. The man in black leans in.

"Do you feel any different. Have any difficulty controlling your actions? Thoughts of violence, feelings of longing, memories that are not your own?"

((No problem, I had decided to keep it because of the dodging bonus. And flying is very helpful.
STATS: +2 to endurance, +3 to dex
As for the Skills, I noticed they are wrong on the sheet. They are supposed to be this way, and I am adding the new ones as well.))
Milno went to the infirmary to get his leg reattached. The hard way, because the first team of the next mission would also probably fail miserably.
"Hey Bastards. Let the fresh blood try their luck this time."

Edit: OOps, fixed my stats. 2 points for endurance, not strength.
got it.
((Theoretically, if I picked the mechanical leg, could Milno join in the next mission?

I am considering it.))
He probably could, yeah. There's still a "recovery" roll based on End but you have to roll low for it not to work.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: May 07, 2012, 11:31:14 pm »

((Sign up for next mission))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 3 Recruiting right now!
« Reply #2348 on: May 07, 2012, 11:31:45 pm »

"Not at all, can I go now?"
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: May 07, 2012, 11:34:02 pm »

((Going for the flesh leg. I'm not risking a roll for a metal leg. I'll also faff about and scare any newcomers.

Also, have I used a medical roll so far? I really hated my picking there and I wanted that point in conventional weaponry.))
>Yes?

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: May 07, 2012, 11:38:45 pm »

(Also is the fuel for my cutting torch automatically replenished?  Not that I mind either way, considering I used all of ten seconds.)

Dexterity +1, Endurance +3, Willpower +1.
Medical tech +3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: May 07, 2012, 11:49:21 pm »

((Gonna have to think about my skills a bit.))

Faith took a deep breath.

"We, I, I saw something, and- no. I saw a hallucination of everything burning, back when I was with Adrian. He didn't see it so I ran to stop it, knowing it was just an illusion, and it went away. Then I tried to go towards the main objective and saw another hallucination- this one much, much more horrifying. It was this... great mass of flesh and eyes and such and it said "Hallelujah" in a booming voice.

So, I ran away and willed it away, but it took more than the fire. Then we all regrouped and explored some more, and found a patch of garden that put you to sleep, and as it was doing that, another survivor we had found pulled a monoatomic razor on me and gave me the only real wound I got on that mission. I think. I was asleep when it happened, the last thing I saw was her standing over me with it.

Anyway, we never quite figured that out but decided it didn't matter, so we went back into the structure, and Erik burst through the wall- shouting "Hallelujah." It was some kind of psychic attack, I think, and he shouted it one last time before he died, just as I was rushing in and trying to say we should talk about this. Though I think that just pissed him off, it was hard to tell.

But anyway, I felt a shiver instead of the usual. I don't know why. Afterwards we, um, met the hivemind-conglomerate guy, and I answered him first which I assume is why he ignored everyone but me, but for whatever reason he ignored everyone but me, asked what we were doing here. So I told him about how he was heading for Hephaestus and that worried us, so he put his hand on my head- I took my helmet off- and he read my memories and said we "weren't ready" and agreed to change course and let us leave.

So we were going to, but before then I mentioned those Zen gardens and Milno wanted to go loot them, so we did, and turns out when you enter them you start hallucinating a memory or something, and mine was full of complete misunderstandings about delicious children in sexy short pants, but they were just misunderstandings!

...and, so, then we left."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: May 07, 2012, 11:55:32 pm »

((You had to mention the delicious children in sexy short pants.))
>Yes?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #2353 on: May 07, 2012, 11:57:18 pm »

((Sign up for next mission))
Looks like we got Bishop and Feyri for the next mission. 3 spots left.

"Not at all, can I go now?"
"Mr. Yankovichy, I don't think you understand the seriousness of your situation." The man says, accepting a scalpel from one of the doctors. He unstraps one of your arms and rolls back your sleeve before taking the scalpel and dragging it across the length of your forearm. You cry out and try to yank your arm from his grasp but he remains firm.

"Watch." He says, pushing your arm closer to your face.

As you watch, what looks like tiny threads spring from the cut and begin to weave together, closing the wound while thicker, bushy, antennae like things waves free from the open flesh. Within moments the wound is gone, but the flesh continues to boil and change, the path of the cut callousing and growing what look like tiny, hexagonal, overlapping plates of carapace.  The man releases your arm.

"Will you listen now?"

(Also is the fuel for my cutting torch automatically replenished?  Not that I mind either way, considering I used all of ten seconds.)

Dexterity +1, Endurance +3, Willpower +1.
Medical tech +3.
No, it's not refilled. Also, got it.

((Going for the flesh leg. I'm not risking a roll for a metal leg. I'll also faff about and scare any newcomers.

Also, have I used a medical roll so far? I really hated my picking there and I wanted that point in conventional weaponry.))
I can't remember if you ever have. It's a pretty old point though, been through 2 missions with it.

You head back to the doctor and indicate your choice of a flesh leg, come what may. He shrugs and helps you onto one of the tables before injecting you with something.

"This will hurt" he says, already staring to remove your suit. "It will hurt a lot."

You wake up an unknown amount of time later with your entire leg held in some sort of giant metal tube. You can't feel anything.

"Have to stay in bed a while." The doctor says, walking over to you. "Flesh needs to take root on metal. Nerves should wake up soon."

He turns to go but stops and looks back "Will come back when I hear screaming. More medication then."

((Gonna have to think about my skills a bit.))

Faith took a deep breath.

"We, I, I saw something, and- no. I saw a hallucination of everything burning, back when I was with Adrian. He didn't see it so I ran to stop it, knowing it was just an illusion, and it went away. Then I tried to go towards the main objective and saw another hallucination- this one much, much more horrifying. It was this... great mass of flesh and eyes and such and it said "Hallelujah" in a booming voice.

So, I ran away and willed it away, but it took more than the fire. Then we all regrouped and explored some more, and found a patch of garden that put you to sleep, and as it was doing that, another survivor we had found pulled a monoatomic razor on me and gave me the only real wound I got on that mission. I think. I was asleep when it happened, the last thing I saw was her standing over me with it.

Anyway, we never quite figured that out but decided it didn't matter, so we went back into the structure, and Erik burst through the wall- shouting "Hallelujah." It was some kind of psychic attack, I think, and he shouted it one last time before he died, just as I was rushing in and trying to say we should talk about this. Though I think that just pissed him off, it was hard to tell.

But anyway, I felt a shiver instead of the usual. I don't know why. Afterwards we, um, met the hivemind-conglomerate guy, and I answered him first which I assume is why he ignored everyone but me, but for whatever reason he ignored everyone but me, asked what we were doing here. So I told him about how he was heading for Hephaestus and that worried us, so he put his hand on my head- I took my helmet off- and he read my memories and said we "weren't ready" and agreed to change course and let us leave.

So we were going to, but before then I mentioned those Zen gardens and Milno wanted to go loot them, so we did, and turns out when you enter them you start hallucinating a memory or something, and mine was full of complete misunderstandings about delicious children in sexy short pants, but they were just misunderstandings!

...and, so, then we left."
The voice is quiet for a long time again before it speaks.

"We are going to keep you under observation for a while. During that time you are to report any sort of anomalous thoughts or actions and submit to any testing. During this time please refrain from sexual relations or any other exchange of bodily fluids if you can help it. Is that understood?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: May 08, 2012, 12:00:10 am »

"Y-yes but, why? Do I have some kind of disease?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 1256