Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3939048 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno sighs.
"I guess I'll check if it works the same way as that garden's clearing."
Milno turns on buzz mode once again and tries to enter the clearing and get the books.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

"Neat. I'll check it out." Thomas says. He then enters the library.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Milno sighs.
"I guess I'll check if it works the same way as that garden's clearing."
Milno turns on buzz mode once again and tries to enter the clearing and get the books.
You activate your rockets and hover on into the clearing, completely unaffected by whatever it was that made Jim stop. You gather up the books, making very sure not to touch the ground as you do, and carry them back out with you. After landing you start looking at what the titles are. A few are rather in depth textbooks about genetic engineering, chemistry and biology. Another is simply called "Principles" and is published by something called the FSSE Church press. The rest are science fiction judging by their covers. They're all almost a millennium old.

"Neat. I'll check it out." Thomas says. He then enters the library.
After Milno flies back out you take a step in. Nothing happens.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wow... These are old... That's amazing." Thomas says, then takes some of the sci-fis, assuming no one minds.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno checks the books silently.
"Well, these may net us something, but I am not sure if very old books are worth tokens. If they are, let's split the bounty, and if not, well, I guess there are people interested in reading those."
Milno turns off the buzz mode while cursing the (20km) promised duration and moves around to search for more of those clearings.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Milno checks the books silently.
"Well, these may net us something, but I am not sure if very old books are worth tokens. If they are, let's split the bounty, and if not, well, I guess there are people interested in reading those."
Milno turns off the buzz mode while cursing the (20km) promised duration and moves around to search for more of those clearings.
(Keep in mind that the 20 KM distance assumes  you moving at a specific speed forward continuously. You've been buzzing around a lot, hovering in place, dodging around at high speeds and so on.)
You find several more of the clearings, each similar to the one with the books; a small patch of land, usually with some sort of pattern in it, and something in the center. One has a small pile of smooth stones, another has a calculator, another a hoe.

"Wow... These are old... That's amazing." Thomas says, then takes some of the sci-fis, assuming no one minds.
You take the sci-fi books from the pile. There are 3. "Tree of Knowledge", "Broadcast from somewhere", and "Childhood's End".

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"That sounds interesting..."

Step into stone clearing.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'd actually like to keep one. Yeah, this one "The Tree of Knowledge" Take it into the VR chamber and read it." Thomas said, trying to look tough at the same time as he expresses his love for literature. Then, he puts on a macho expression and heads into the clearing, following Milno.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno looks at Thomas.
"You are sounding and acting ridiculous. If you want to convince people you are manly, find a bar of metal and chew on it. Bonus points if it is the business end of a gun."
Milno waits for Faith to start tripping balls.
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Why are you so grumpy? Is it because you have a worse appendage lost to mission ratio?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Why are you so grumpy? Is it because you have a worse appendage lost to mission ratio?"
"No, I am ok with that. I just felt like nagging you, that is all."
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No, I am ok with that. I just felt like nagging you, that is all."
"It's cool, I don't care. After all, I just survived my first mission, and got some reading material."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Look around.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

"That sounds interesting..."

Step into stone clearing.
You step into the clearing with the pile of smooth stones. The world around you is transformed into that of an alien forest, complete with bizarre, bulbous trees, a huge red sun and a strangely normal stream flowing over a shallow stream bed of smooth stones. You can hear the sound of children laughing somewhere far away. On the other side of the stream is the pile of smooth stones, brilliantly black against white sand. Around it are scattered the toys of children, plastic buckets and shovels, tiny, simple, brightly colored plastic automatons waiting for their owner to return before reawakening.

Milno looks at Thomas.
"You are sounding and acting ridiculous. If you want to convince people you are manly, find a bar of metal and chew on it. Bonus points if it is the business end of a gun."
Milno waits for Faith to start tripping balls.
You follow faith to the Stone pile garden and watch as she steps in and immediately stops moving.

"I'd actually like to keep one. Yeah, this one "The Tree of Knowledge" Take it into the VR chamber and read it." Thomas said, trying to look tough at the same time as he expresses his love for literature. Then, he puts on a macho expression and heads into the clearing, following Milno.
You keep the book that interests you and place the others back in the pile before taking off after Milno.

Look around.
You are in a field near the shuttle that brought you hear. In the distance your teammates are fucking about with something. In the undistance your not teammates are bitching about wanting to leave.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"We'll pull her out in about a minute right?"Thomas says as he checks the time unti the bomb explodes.
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 1256