Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3941350 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Mission 2: Can't talk to girls.
« Reply #1935 on: May 01, 2012, 06:01:28 pm »

(Yep. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: May 01, 2012, 06:33:09 pm »

I would rather not have limbs that are hackable by a computer. Just sayin' is all.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1937 on: May 01, 2012, 06:53:15 pm »

"Now that's just rude.  Back to Plan A, then."
Back to dragging unconscious bodies away from the fight.
Recover, crawling away slowly enough so as not to strain self.

-2 on a diplomacy roll is not gonna happen.
Mesk pulls himself to his feet and runs over to faith, who certainly looks at least only partially conscious, and drags her all the way back to the entrance room of the temple, propping her up against a wall where it looks safe.

Melt Erik's face if he comes close to Elisaz.
You lay on the ground, watching the fight as your head clears. You wait for Erik to attack you but he runs off in the opposite direction, toward milno, thomas and Jim. [No longer have -1]

((Following RetCon))

Mason hears a series of booms, crashing, an explosion, and laser-fire from the distance and sneaks toward the source of all the noise, his amps at the ready, laser-rifle in hand.

((I'm going to stay as far as I can be, so when Erik rushes me I can actually shoot the fucker.))
You hear a commotion coming from the other hall and toward the noise. You pass Mesk who is dragging Faith as you go and then come upon the battle ground. You can see Erik sprinting down the hall away from you, toward Thomas, Jim and Milno.

"Thanks. You saved my ass there. Hey team! We should all fire at the same place." Thomas heads to relative safety, and looks over Erik, trying to find any weak points, paying attention tothe hole in his head, trying to determine what exactly Erik is. If he is attacked by Erik again, he tries to lead Eric away from Jim.

((Is Erik a cyborg or something? I know he has synth-flesh, but could that be an exoskeleton or something?))
((If you remember the briefing, Erik was a member of one of the teams sent in here. His size (7ft) is just a result of having a full synth-flesh body with a human brain in it. His extra arms are just because he bought extra arms to go with the normal synth-flesh body. Same with the kinetic amplifiers. But yeah, He's actually shorter then a battle suit (3 meters/9 or so feet.) Avatars are between 5 and 6 meters tall, titans vary depending on their role, but the shortest are usually around 20 meters tall. So yeah, not a titan))

You roll off Jim and run a few feet back, looking at the charging cyborg and trying to determine its weaknesses. [intuition:3+1] You guess that if it's a cyborg then it must have a brain. And if it's not in his head, like the hole there seems to hint, it has to be somewhere else.

Jim didn't need to be on his feet to use his amp... and he thought that if perhaps Erik's brain wasn't in his head, then it was in his chest like his own was. He concentrated on frying the man's chest, hoping to boil his brain before Erik could inflict further harm.
After Thomas rolls off, you focus on Erik again, on just his chest, and on burning it as fast as your mind can handle. [exotic:1+1+1] You feel like someone put your non-existent head in a vice and is slowly crushing it while equations scream through your mind.  The air around Erik's chest distorts with heat as he gets closer, but he doesn't stop.

((negotiate or communicate with Erik))
((Never. He is going down, and he is going down NOW.))

Milno grits his teeth in anticipation, a maniac grin dancing on his lips.
"Come closer, you useless piece of scrap."

Milno leaps back to gain distance between him and Erik and shoots with his "shotgun" laser rifle at Erik's chest. If the latter comes uncomfortably close after Milno's attempt at shooting, he whips out the Tesla Sabre and tries to cut Erik in twain.

You jet back a few more meters and level your rifle on Erik's chest. [Con wep:2+1] You pull the trigger and the ammo counter drops from 25/30 to 15/30. Your shot pulls to the left and catches Erik in his crippled arm. The flesh burns black nearly instantly and the arm sloughs off. He doesn't stop charging. You drop your laser rifle, letting it hang from the strap, and pull out your tesla sabre as Erik closes the distance.
[Erik dex:1]
[Milno dex:5]
[Milno uncon:2+2]
You duck under Erik's blow and jet behind him, sweeping your sabre up in a flourish and severing his remaining left arm.

((I understand that it is probably nigh impossible... but if you come across a chance to save Erik, could you please at least try not killing him?))
((Your character is leisurely hanging out at the ship while the ground team gets dismembered and killed. Erik is going down. Now.

@GM: Since Milno's leg was severed instead of turned into hamburguer material, can it be re-implanted?))
If you can bring it back, probably. You'll more then likely need some metal because it's not exactly a clean cut, some of it was pulped, plus what the suit cut to to make it clean and stop the bleeding, but yeah, if you really want it. It's like how Jim could have been a human head and arms on a robot body. He was a transhuman though so he probably likes his new tin body.

I would rather not have limbs that are hackable by a computer. Just sayin' is all.
You've already got a shock implant in your spine for if you annoy steve :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: May 01, 2012, 07:01:58 pm »

(Milno, who was supposed to be a naive bumpkin, is the most badass party member. Go figure. XD)

Jim decided to rest a moment, let Erik focus on someone else while he gave his mind a break from the amp.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: May 01, 2012, 07:03:33 pm »

Return to the fighting, ready to save asses (starting with my own, of course).  If the opportunity presents itself, cut Eric's throat to disable its sonic attack.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: May 01, 2012, 07:03:55 pm »

Get behind Erik, and then melt his skull.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: May 01, 2012, 07:12:31 pm »

Get behind Erik, and then melt his skull.
((His skull was already melted. Everyone, please stop going berserk, I have a plan.

@GM: So...How many remaining weapons does Erik have? His legs? I want to take him back in one piece now. Making him suffer through two extra missions seems adequate.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: May 01, 2012, 07:13:24 pm »

Mason fires up his psych-amp and aims for Erik's legs, hoping to render him immobile and thus, free to capture.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: May 01, 2012, 07:17:35 pm »

"Well then, looks like you don't have a leg to stand on. Nailed it..." Thomas fires at the leg Mason is melting.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:30:49 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: May 01, 2012, 07:29:20 pm »

"Well then, looks like you're on your last leg. Nailed it..."Thomas fires at the leg Mason is melting.

((NONONO, shoot opposite leg. More chances to hit, and more destabilizing))
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: May 01, 2012, 07:29:52 pm »

((He's still got 2 right arms. He could still crawl around.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: May 01, 2012, 07:30:50 pm »

((I guess he lost those two in the combat against Ivan and Spinal_Taper's first character, that is why I asked the GM. I will check it myself.))
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: May 01, 2012, 07:31:24 pm »

"Well then, looks like you're on your last leg. Nailed it..."Thomas fires at the leg Mason is melting.

((NONONO, shoot opposite leg. More chances to hit, and more destabilizing))
Great. I have to make a new one-liner.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: May 01, 2012, 07:45:01 pm »

((He's still got 2 right arms. He could still crawl around.))

Sure, with two right-arms? Good luck. He can move, but he'll have MASSIVE penalties that will make negotiation and capture much easier.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: May 01, 2012, 08:02:44 pm »

((I am not going to be careless here, especially because he still has his kinetic amplifiers.))

Milno finishes the flourish and giggles fiercely, rockets allowing him to compensate for the lack of one leg.
"Hehe. Not that easy to rip off people's limbs now, right?"

Milno quickly jets back with a savage grin, staying outside Erik's range. After Thomas and Mason try their luck, the youth shoots with the laser rifle aiming to vaporize Erik's legs or arms if there still at least one existing and only if he is not charging.

If Erik tries to charge Milno, the Honey Badger once again aims for the chest to obliterate his torso and draws the Tesla Sabre once more to take care of the bastard with a horizontal slash if he has not dropped (either dead or completely incapacitated) to the floor already.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 08:05:00 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1256